Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Twitter feeds from todays press conf. Include Gus Olson and Marrone

Quote:There are some good young weapons on this offense.  They need to bring in a veteran receiver to help that group, but I think the focus will shift to something sort of like what they're running in Seattle, but that's going to require an upgrade in the backfield. 

The draft is going to present them with some opportunities to upgrade the running game, and if they are able to make that happen, it will go a long way in fixing this offense. 

Bortles is athletic like Wilson, but he's also got the kind of size that makes him more prototypical for NFL QBs.  He's working with his receivers this off season, so he's going to do his part to develop the kind of chemistry needed to be effective in the passing game.  Still, I'd love to see them bring in that reliable veteran receiver or TE who has proven they can be a consistent, effective outlet for a QB.  That will take the pressure off the young guys and allow them to develop while still giving Bortles a go to guy. 

Despite the struggles in 2014, there's a lot to like about where the team is headed.  They've identified some young play makers who will hopefully continue to develop.  They have more than enough cap space to fix the bigger issues in protection and the passing game, and the draft picks can help boost the effectiveness of the running game. 
It's very confusing because we need a veteran receiver, but at the same time we have so many WR's especially if Blackmon returns. Hypothetically speaking if he did, and we added a vet WR, Hurns would literally be our 5th wr and would not see playing time, not to mention AROB would probably be the 4th and also not really see playing time. Only in that scenario. But I do agree a veteran WR can take a struggling offence to somewhere it needs to be.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:There are some good young weapons on this offense. They need to bring in a veteran receiver to help that group, but I think the focus will shift to something sort of like what they're running in Seattle, but that's going to require an upgrade in the backfield.

The draft is going to present them with some opportunities to upgrade the running game, and if they are able to make that happen, it will go a long way in fixing this offense.

Bortles is athletic like Wilson, but he's also got the kind of size that makes him more prototypical for NFL QBs. He's working with his receivers this off season, so he's going to do his part to develop the kind of chemistry needed to be effective in the passing game. Still, I'd love to see them bring in that reliable veteran receiver or TE who has proven they can be a consistent, effective outlet for a QB. That will take the pressure off the young guys and allow them to develop while still giving Bortles a go to guy.

Despite the struggles in 2014, there's a lot to like about where the team is headed. They've identified some young play makers who will hopefully continue to develop. They have more than enough cap space to fix the bigger issues in protection and the passing game, and the draft picks can help boost the effectiveness of the running game.
I agree on every point.

I heard that Kurt Warner was supposed to be at Blake's camp.

there was another vet qb supposed to be there as well. Can't remember his name...

Steve young? Idk...lol.

I am really excited about the direction our team appears to be headed in....

all fingers crossed that blake get A LOT BETTER!

Quote:Like telling us all season things are progressing along as planned ........ THEN FIRING A BUNCH OF OFFENSIVE COACHES AFTER THE SEASON.
HAHAHA

man....that's on point....

Quote:So basically all the new coaches are saying all the right things?
I'd say so.

aside from what they say...

aside from the possibility that we have too many generals...

we now have...

Arguably... the best owner.

a great GM

a good HC ( must win now)

A hell of a prospect QB

loooooots of prospect players...

Close to the most cap room of ne team

and THE MOST EXPERIENCED COACHING STAFF IN THE NFL.

Hmmmm....

seems like some good ingredients to me

Quote:I agree on every point.

I heard that Kurt Warner was supposed to be at Blake's camp.

there was another vet qb supposed to be there as well. Can't remember his name...

Steve young? Idk...lol.

I am really excited about the direction our team appears to be headed in....

all fingers crossed that blake get A LOT BETTER!

Kurt warner is one of those guys that is a student of the game. He isn't just the naturally gifted guy that came in and lit it up.

He practiced hard and it took him a long way to get to where he was.

I have tons of respect for the guy and if he is helping mentor blake, I think that's a tremendous asset.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!