Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad Khan's thoughts on the team moving forward

The hiring of an Assistant HC is the first nail in Bradley's coffin.   Khan is a smart guy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well, it's Super Bowl week, and so we have to listen to all the put downs of Jax as "the worst venue" of any Super Bowl. Reasons given; shortage of hotel rooms, things to do, poor weather, poor traffic coordination, geographic size of Jax, blah, blah, blah.

The Shipyards project represents an opportunity to upgrade our image and to begin transforming downtown from a place to avoid to a destination of choice. Shad Khad, hopefully, has the imagination to make that happen. It has the potential to be the first step of a long overdue process of dramatically improving our city.

Quote:The hiring of an Assistant HC is the first nail in Bradley's coffin.   Khan is a smart guy.
I got to agree with this.  I was reading between the line and khan stressed that winning more games is improtant.  IF this team does not sniff around .500 this year I can see bradley gone. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:The hiring of an Assistant HC is the first nail in Bradley's coffin. Khan is a smart guy.

Maybe you should read the story. Again, Bradley made the changes to his staff, not Khan.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Shad is doing it his way.  He will use London for revenue and at the same time promote Jacksonville internationally and also put his own money into improving the city.  Sure, he will make a profit on the Shipyards project, but I don't think that's his main motive.  He sees the Shipyards as a busted porch step leading to the front door.  Let's get that fixed before company comes.

Quote:Shad is doing it his way.  He will use London for revenue and at the same time promote Jacksonville internationally and also put his own money into improving the city.  Sure, he will make a profit on the Shipyards project, but I don't think that's his main motive.  He sees the Shipyards as a busted porch step leading to the front door.  Let's get that fixed before company comes.
I agree. Jacksonville is a great location geographically and has a lot to offer if the right person with the right vision and money can make it happen. I think Khan is that man. I don't see myself ever living there again, but I've got family down there and would love to actually enjoy my time while there. As it is the only draw for me outside of gameday is the Zoo. 

Quote:Well, it's Super Bowl week, and so we have to listen to all the put downs of Jax as "the worst venue" of any Super Bowl. Reasons given; shortage of hotel rooms, things to do, poor weather, poor traffic coordination, geographic size of Jax, blah, blah, blah.

The Shipyards project represents an opportunity to upgrade our image and to begin transforming downtown from a place to avoid to a destination of choice. Shad Khad, hopefully, has the imagination to make that happen. It has the potential to be the first step of a long overdue process of dramatically improving our city.

It's been 10 years since the SB was played in Jax.

Wow, just wow!!!!!!! 10 years.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I agree. Jacksonville is a great location geographically and has a lot to offer if the right person with the right vision and money can make it happen. I think Khan is that man. I don't see myself ever living there again, but I've got family down there and would love to actually enjoy my time while there. As it is the only draw for me outside of gameday is the Zoo.

We have a great zoo, that's for sure. Our minor league ballpark is among the best minor league parks in the country. The municipal auditorium is very adequate for concerts, basketball, and indoor football. Our NFL stadium is probably in the top half of all stadiums in the league.

Our downtown area is a mess. You risk losing your life going downtown after dark. I lived in Orlando in the early '70's and their downtown was similar. Then Church Street Station opened, and things quickly changed. People began coming downtown. It was relatively safe......well-lighted, a lot of police on foot patrol. The criminal element left to find greener pastures. Today, you can walk the streets in Orlando after dark in relative safety.

We have potentially the makings of a great downtown district, with a great River snaking through it. Our leaders just need to do their jobs and develop its potential.

Or simply don't stand in the way of someone who is ready and willing to develop it.

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

Quote:The hiring of an Assistant HC is the first nail in Bradley's coffin.   Khan is a smart guy.

Quote:I got to agree with this.  I was reading between the line and khan stressed that winning more games is improtant.  IF this team does not sniff around .500 this year I can see bradley gone. 

Adding "assistant head coach" to a coach's title is a common practice around the league, and has nothing to do with having a replacement for the head coach waiting in the wings.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Maybe you should read the story. Again, Bradley made the changes to his staff, not Khan.
It is extremely naive to believe everything your read, but of course, I am guessing.

Quote:Adding "assistant head coach" to a coach's title is a common practice around the league, and has nothing to do with having a replacement for the head coach waiting in the wings.

Yeah, gotta love the conspiracy theorists reading way more into a hire than the reality, especially when I seriously doubt Gus was thinking about who would replace him when he hired an offensive line coach. Funny stuff.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:It is extremely naive to believe everything your read, but of course, I am guessing.

Its even more foolish to miss the difference between coach speak and transparency.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

“We certainly have the salary cap room, and we plan on being active in free agency,” Khan said.

Excited to see who they will sign.. .any ideas?

I disagree, you can be a great coach and struggle with the leadership aspect, which the owner feels that perspective he will gain not to mention the respect of hiring a former HC to an OLine coach (in giving him an ast HC title).

Quote:“We certainly have the salary cap room, and we plan on being active in free agency,” Khan said.

Excited to see who they will sign.. .any ideas?
Doesn't matter much to me.  Honestly as long as they don't over pay to the extreme chasing talent that is questionable.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I don't think that this is a preemptive move to send Gus on down the road. However, it could (and probably should) give Gus reason to ponder just how tenuous his position is. Nothing like a subtle warming of the seat to send a discrete message. 

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:aPatel06 I can't quote but 1 billion is the number floating around that would go into developing the shipyards

That is building a new stadium kind of money. hard to believe.

I'm actually looking more forward to the shipyards than I am any offseason free agent signing etc. Once he commits to this every bit of the Jaguars moving talk goes away. And that includes London.

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

We should have a poll on who thinks Gus made the hire or was it Khan.