Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Marrone new Assistant Head Coach/OL coach

Considering Gus said the OC would have a say in who was hired to the offensive staff, makes me think the Gase, Marrone, Olson trifecta is a very real possibility.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Wow great hire

Great hire.  It also opens the door for Gus being fired if need be and a proven HC to step right in.  

I hope it doesn't get to that, but it's definitely a possibility. 

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Hopefully we get the info on Gase now
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Same. Hopefully he just decided to take some time off after this whole ordeal.

Hopefully,   that's the case.  

When it comes to cancer,  it's more than understandable for anyone to be very concerned.

Quote:Great hire.  It also opens the door for Gus being fired if need be and a proven HC to step right in.  

I hope it doesn't get to that, but it's definitely a possibility. 

I was actually thinking the same thing.

I also think surrounding Gus with guys who have Head Coach experience is a good thing. Gus is ALWAYS talking about getting better for both the players and the coaching staff. Gus can lean on guys like this and hopefully improve his overall game managing/coaching.

I haven't seen a single positive comment in the PFT comments section about this hire.

Quote:I haven't seen a single positive comment in the PFT comments section about this hire.

bc that's what we base hires on?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I haven't seen a single positive comment in the PFT comments section about this hire.

Too bad you can't think for yourself.

Bills fans loved him until he took the money and ran. Then they said the team was winning despite him.

Salty.

Quote:Too bad you can't think for yourself.

Usually, there is a sprinkle of good comments. Bills fans weren't happy with him and say he made offensive line worse.

Quote:I guess Ryan O' was right at the end of the day. Looks like some folks were too quick to dismiss his reporting.

Pretty funny really.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2015, 01:52 PM by InmanRoshi.)

Starting to assemble the offensive staff might be an indicator that there is a backdoor candidate that might have accepted the job, but can't officially be named because their team is in the playoffs (ie Tom Cable).    Maybe Bradley has too much good faith and loyalty to the Seahawks to publicly announce Cable as a serious candidate for the job before they're eliminated.  

Quote:Usually, there is a sprinkle of good comments. Bills fans weren't happy with him and say he made offensive line worse.
I've talked to Bills fans and they've mentioned that having him as our O-line coach is a good thing.  The problem in Buffalo was that he's just not a good HC and was trying too hard to micromanage the O-line and butting heads with those guys.

Positive comments in PFT are RARE...especially for anything Jaguars related.

That said, I only kinda understand Bills fans being butt hurt, since he walked out on the team.

But let's face it, he coached the Bills to their first winning season since 2004.

Bills ownership wanted to keep him as Head Coach.

Don't be deceived by the comments.

We got a good coach.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Fantastic hire, absolutely fantastic!

Hi guys, Bills fan signing up just to chime in. We are laughing at this hire because we are still laughing at how he bolted on us. That said, as an actual coach, I can't say I have a clue how good he is. The strength of our team was our D and he had no say in it. Our D carried us to 9 wins. Our O, which he admitted to having a heavy hand in, was so bad, it gave away a couple games. Before Marrone our OL was struggling. In his 2 years, it got even worse. There may have been too many hands in the pot but ultimately, he gets a failing grade if he's considered an OL guru. All that said, I wish you guys good luck (minus the London game) and I hope you turn the corner soon.

Hey guys -- Bills fan here.  If anyone wants to talk about your new OL coach hit me with some questions.