Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Deflate Gate - the report is in

Damage control as Belicheat teams are marred as finaglers.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Lol, that's phenominal

and theyll still win 11 games a year as long as Brady is there.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I was going to ask the same thing.  To defend his team because he knows they got caught again?

I don't know how much of an advantage two lbs of air in a ball has...I've never tried it, but I'm sure Belichek and whoever was in on it with him knew what was going on.  These kinds of things dont just happen.

If it happened to the Jaguars, we would all defend our team to no end as well so I don't fault a Patriot fan for deflecting what they've done.
Patriot fans have been on the defensive more than normal. There's a reason for it. They know, but they won't admit it.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2015, 01:52 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:TravC

Yes, as I thought a completely basic and erroneous understanding of what the actual violation was in regards to spygate.
Basic and what exactly happened. I could elaborate, but why?

Belicheat admitted to videoing of this nature going back to 2000. I am fairly certain I know why Goodell and company destroyed all the evidence without it seeing the light of day. It was far more in depth than even they thought it was. The penalty didn't fit the crime whatsoever.

Patriots = Cheaters and that will be part of their legacy. Like it or not, that is reality.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2015, 02:46 PM by Bchbunnie4.)

Quote:UCFKnight perhaps you will notice I have been on the board much longer that the deflate balls saga has been a "hot topic".

Or maybe not.

Sorry my presence offends you.

Who said I was offended? I'm always up for a good chat.

Your team has been known to skirt the rules (ask Harbaugh about players checking into the referees...), why should the league give you the benefit of the doubt here? It's becoming to common of an occurrence.

I always find it interesting that many say the Patriots are a model organization and that Kraft does it the right way. With as many times as they've been accused of cheating, you would think people would start second guessing that.

Quote:and theyll still win 11 games a year as long as Brady is there.

Sure, and when Brady decides to retire the cupboard won't nearly be as full as it could be.  It's a qb league, not sure who was questioning this?

Quote:Strip them of all their draft picks this year. Or simply take away their current draft picks and give them picks 250-256 (last 7 of the draft)

They'd still trade down.

Interesting topic for discussion: Brady is good...but is he as good as we think he is now that we know his team has to continually cheat to get an edge?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Reasons why a deflated ball can help.  Our boy Mark Brunell is quoted here.

http://www.businessinsider.com/advantage...lls-2015-1

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2015, 02:54 PM by Pape.)

To UCF - (sorry I wanted to quote you but cannot for some reason use the quote feature)

Good. But if you ask the question - I have to wonder why my presence here rankles. Makes me believe it might make you uncomfortable.

As for the Ravens - they got stumped by the Pats schemes. The eligible/ineligible receivers were 1) reported to the refs, 2) announced over the loud speakers - heck a refs even said "You don't have to cover 34" to a Raven defender - and 3) there were 7, 10 and 7 seconds (per Peter King who timed it) between the announcements and when the ball was snapped. Raven complaints are all sour grapes.

Do the Pats have a shady rep? Sure they do. Basically all because of spygate, subsequent allegations that were never based in fact and a [BAD WORD REMOVED] poor understanding by the football masses who absolutely know nothing about the actual violations that occurred. Trav here being the representative of the "I could elaborate" - If you can then do it - but I bet that the real violations aren't even brought up if he does do so.

Compared to all the hate generated over the last decade this deflate gate it doesn't even rate. 

New England Patriot Fan

I can't help but feel like Belichik is like that guy from the South Park episode about WarCraft. You know, the dude that knows how to play probably better than 99.99% of everyone else out there, but he still cheats just because he thinks along the lines of "every advantage possible!".

He's a complete football dork and that's all he cares about. He is football 24/7 which is good for the fans of his team I guess, but does the man do anything else?

I could be completely wrong here, but I got a feeling I ain't. Then again, I'm pretty stoopid.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Is league protocol to deflate balls?

No, but it is apparently league protocol to only check the balls once 2 hours before the game and to apparently have no knowledge of what is happening with the balls or who has the balls during the entire duration of the entire game.

Quote: 

How can you explain balsl being checked two hours prior to the game where all were within proper parameters and then all of a sudden they aren't. 11 of 12 were under. 

Ghosts?

Quote:To UCF - (sorry I wanted to quote you but cannot for some reason use the quote feature)

Good. But if you ask the question - I have to wonder why my presence here rankles. Makes me believe it might make you uncomfortable.

As for the Ravens - they got stumped by the Pats schemes. The eligible/ineligible receivers were 1) reported to the refs, 2) announced over the loud speakers - heck a refs even said "You don't have to cover 34" to a Raven defender - and 3) there were 7, 10 and 7 seconds (per Peter King who timed it) between the announcements and when the ball was snapped. Raven complaints are all sour grapes.

Do the Pats have a shady rep? Sure they do. Basically all because of spygate, subsequent allegations that were never based in fact and a [BAD WORD REMOVED] poor understanding by the football masses who absolutely know nothing about the actual violations that occurred. Trav here being the representative of the "I could elaborate" - If you can then do it - but I bet that the real violations aren't even brought up if he does do so.

Compared to all the hate generated over the last decade this deflate gate it doesn't even rate. 

This is a message board. Typically there is a back and forth that involves questions and answers.  I assure you that I am sitting at my desk and I am perfectly content to chat.

As far as spygate, I think there is more to it than you really want to give credit too.  Again, if I were a Patriot fan I would downplay everything my team has done as well.  There is evidence that many tapes were destroyed by the league.  It was a very weird and shady situation.  Your team didn't get fined and lose a draft pick over nothing.

Quote:Sure, and when Brady decides to retire the cupboard won't nearly be as full as it could be.  It's a qb league, not sure who was questioning this?

The point is that it doesn't matter where they draft, it's not really a punishment. As long as Brady and Belichick are there (maybe Garropolo too) are there they'll win.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2015, 03:11 PM by Pape.)

UCF -

I know all about spygate and the various allegation  and the evidence? the tapes are out there. Jay Glazer has them. In fact they aired on Fox in a report about the whole mess. As for the entire "spygate" mess - I own it - I know what the Pats did, I also know what they didn't do. But bottom line - They broke the rules and were punished severely for it. Much more so than teams who cheated the salary cap were.

Compared to that, this is nothing.

New England Patriot Fan

Quote:I always find it interesting that many say the Patriots are a model organization and that Kraft does it the right way. With as many times as they've been accused of cheating, you would think people would start second guessing that.

A lot of people loved the Emperor too, it was Darth Vader they feared.

Darth wasn't feared. He was just misunderstood.

He had Mommy issues.

New England Patriot Fan

Quote:The point is that it doesn't matter where they draft, it's not really a punishment. As long as Brady and Belichick are there (maybe Garropolo too) are there they'll win.

Belicheck gets a lot of credit for whats happening there and it has more to do with Brady.  Brady is going to be much harder to replace than Belicheck ever would be.  Losing 1st and 2nd round picks will kill any franchise....if you're willing to sacrifice your future by losing some draft picks now, go for it.  If that was the Jags philosophy, I'm not sure I'd be against it.

Lets use Phil Jackson as an example.  He won in Chicago with Jordan and Pippen, he won in LA with Shaq and Kobe.....how's he doing in New York?  The system only works if you have the players to excel.

So apparently former Tampa QB Brad Johnson admitted to paying a bribe in the tune of $7500 to have the Super Bowl balls under inflated so the balls would be easier to grip.

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/brad-john...super-bowl
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:So apparently former Tampa QB Brad Johnson admitted to paying a bribe in the tune of $7500 to have the Super Bowl balls under inflated so the balls would be easier to grip.

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/brad-john...super-bowl

It says they scuffed the balls, not under inflated them.  Either way, it's likely too convoluted to come to any real conclusion.  For instance, if they somehow can prove a player was involved (which I doubt they can), you can't really penalize BeliChick or the team for that.