Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Deflate Gate - the report is in

human nature to try and find fault with a team you don't like or who beats your team all the time ,what cracks me up is Shula calling someone else a cheat, as a Bills fan, I can remember when Dolphins owned the Bills, all sort of rumors of cheating, including watering down the field, putting slick substances on it(orange bowl) you name, why, you ask, because Bills fans couldn't handle the Bills were out couched and played  by Shula Dolphins, so for the pot(Shula) to call the Kettle(Bellichick) black is as funny as I have ever heard

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2015, 04:37 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:UCF -

I know all about spygate and the various allegation and the evidence? the tapes are out there. Jay Glazer has them. In fact they aired on Fox in a report about the whole mess. As for the entire "spygate" mess - I own it - I know what the Pats did, I also know what they didn't do. But bottom line - They broke the rules and were punished severely for it. Much more so than teams who cheated the salary cap were.

Compared to that, this is nothing.

Thought the below was very telling and interesting:

Both incidents involved videotapes. In Spygate, Goodell instructed trusted deputy Jeff Pash to destroy the tapes on location in Foxborough. Goodell never reviewed the tapes himself prior to meting out his punishment. Goodell’s allergy to videotapes resurfaced again last week in connection with the Ray Rice elevator footage and the league has now taken to hiring former FBI director Robert Mueller.

The result gives rise to two questions:

1) Does Goodell’s inability or unwillingness to obtain and secure evidence result from a deliberate attempt to maintain plausible deniability in connection with the scandals?

Or:

2) Does Goodell’s willful blindness result from a blend of incompetence and negligence?

What tapes are you speaking of? Surely not the ones that were destroyed on site. The issues is they got a competitive advantage figuring out their opponents signals. If there is something else you are referring to then let it be known.

Why do you cheat? To gain an advantage. This is a big deal for a couple of reasons. One the Patriots have already been caught cheating. Now there are 11 footballs out of 12 that were deflated. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out something happened because someone made it happen. And they did so to again, gain an advantage which is cheating. The biggest negative for the Patriots is the media gets to talk about it for 2 weeks before super bowl starts. Considering how Goodell has completely botched investigations previously, people will demand accountability. I'm surpised your stance is this isn't a bid deal.

Quote:No, but it is apparently league protocol to only check the balls once 2 hours before the game and to apparently have no knowledge of what is happening with the balls or who has the balls during the entire duration of the entire game.

Ghosts?
Exactly
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Belicheck gets a lot of credit for whats happening there and it has more to do with Brady. Brady is going to be much harder to replace than Belicheck ever would be. Losing 1st and 2nd round picks will kill any franchise....if you're willing to sacrifice your future by losing some draft picks now, go for it. If that was the Jags philosophy, I'm not sure I'd be against it.

Lets use Phil Jackson as an example. He won in Chicago with Jordan and Pippen, he won in LA with Shaq and Kobe.....how's he doing in New York? The system only works if you have the players to excel.
If course Brady will be tougher to replace.

Look at Belicheck's record prior to him. Much, much different. Anyone remember Cleveland? There's a reason he became Belicheat.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2015, 05:10 PM by Pape.)

Jtmoney

I am speaking of the spygate tapes. Goodell destroyed the tapes in response to Glazer and Fox airing the tapes because he did not want anyone else to get a copy of them. Interestingly enough Goodell's wife, Jane Skinner, worked at Fox News during that period.

So yes, the Pats violated the rules when it came to videotaping opponents signals - by placing the cameraman on the sideline, which was prohibited by the NFL in that now famous memo. There was and is no rule now that states(d) teams could not tape said signals.

People demand accountability? That's rich. The are three teams in the league that have been fined and had draft pics taken from them due to Salary Cap Violations. Do those teams face the same scrutiny that the Pats currently do? He-double hockey sticks No. All is forgotten except by a few. Yet one of those teams won Two Super Bowls because of their Salary Cap circumventions. Are their trophys associated with *'s? Again No.

Yet its the Patriots people love to hate. Why? Because of their long term success? It is the only reasonable answer that I can come up with.

So yeah, its no big deal.

oh and to add about Goodell and the Ray Rice investigation - Of course the investigation into a Ravens player was botched. Goodell is best friends with the Ravens owner - He was asked to go light on the punishment and he did. If Deadspin (I think it was deadspin) never got the tape of the elevator Nobody would have said word one about the initial punishment.

New England Patriot Fan

Quote:Jtmoney

I am speaking of the spygate tapes. Goodell destroyed the tapes in response to Glazer and Fox airing the tapes because he did not want anyone else to get a copy of them. Interestingly enough Goodell's wife, Jane Skinner, worked at Fox News during that period.

So yes, the Pats violated the rules when it came to videotaping opponents signals - by placing the cameraman on the sideline, which was prohibited by the NFL in that now famous memo. There was and is no rule now that states(d) teams could not tape said signals.

People demand accountability? That's rich. The are three teams in the league that have been fined and had draft pics taken from them due to Salary Cap Violations. Do those teams face the same scrutiny that the Pats currently do? He-double hockey sticks No. All is forgotten except by a few. Yet one of those teams won Two Super Bowls because of their Salary Cap circumventions. Are their trophys associated with *'s? Again No.

Yet its the Patriots people love to hate. Why? Because of their long term success? It is the only reasonable answer that I can come up with.

I don't hate the Patriots...in fact, I hope they beat Seattle this year.

The people hate us so they are out to get us is a bunch of trash.  Your team has been caught cheating more than any other team in the league.  It's been blatant and you have gained a competitive advantage from it.

How are you comparing the teams that lost draft picks because of salary cap issues.  Is losing draft picks not holding them accountable?  Your team will probably lose a draft pick or two....deservedly so.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2015, 05:28 PM by badger.)

I thought this was nonsense at first... but there is something wrong with this Belicheck guy.

I know it's pretty common for a QB and receiver to prefer a flatter ball, but I don't know if its been common practice in the NFL to find a way to underinflate them. I've never heard of this and its ridiculous that its even possible to do it.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2015, 05:28 PM by Pape.)

UCF

Deservedly so?

Why's that? The only thing you know is that there were 11 deflated balls found at halftime. Which, if I might remind you is before the Pats ran wild on the Colts.

So you all of a sudden know for a fact how they were deflated? You know for a fact that the Patriots, if it was indeed a calculated ploy on the Pats part, did it with ill intent?

No you don't. You only surmise - yet are all ready to play judge jury and executioner over this matter with fines and the stripping of draft picks. Thanks for making my point for me

New England Patriot Fan

Quote:UCF

Deservedly so?

Why's that? The only thing you know is that there were 11 deflated balls found at halftime. Which, if I might remind you is before the Pats ran wild on the Colts.

So you all of a sudden know for a fact how they were deflated? You know for a fact that the Patriots, if it was indeed a calculated ploy on the Pats part, did it with ill intent?

No you don't. You only surmise - yet are all ready to play judge jury and executioner over this matter with fines and the stripping of draft picks. Thanks for making my point for me

Its obvious tampering was involved. Air doesn't magically disappear from almost every ball by chance.

Deservedly so?

Why's that? The only thing you know is that there were 11 deflated balls found at halftime. Which, if I might remind you is before the Pats ran wild on the Colts.

So you all of a sudden know for a fact how they were deflated? You know for a fact that the Patriots, if it was indeed a calculated ploy on the Pats part, did it with ill intent?

Only a total idiot would think something wasn't tampered with...but you can act like your high on the pedestal while every other football fan thats not a Patriot fan can be logical enough to know what happened.  Where there's smoke there's fire....and there's been a lot of smoke around the Patriots for a while.

Quote:Now im no scientist, but as the temp drops dosent the air molcules condence (ie low tire pressure in cold weather). is it possible as day turned to night and cold rain came that the balls felt a little deflated? Some genius of the MB who knows Science maybe can explain.

Or

Belicheat

PV = nRT, or pressure is directly proportional to (absolute) temperature if the volume and amount of air remains the same.

If the temperature dropped from warm room temperature (=300 kelvin) to 50F (=283 kelvin) then the pressure would be reduced by a factor of 283 / 300. For a 12.5 lb ball, that would reduce it to 11.8 lbs. They found eleven out of twelve balls 10.5 lbs or lower, so it wasn't (just) temperature.

It was probably some sideline aid letting out air with an inflation needle.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

So we are officially in hysteria. The NFL already knew about the Patriots deflation allegations.

http://deadspin.com/report-nfl-was-aware...1680914291

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2015, 06:43 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:Jtmoney

I am speaking of the spygate tapes. Goodell destroyed the tapes in response to Glazer and Fox airing the tapes because he did not want anyone else to get a copy of them. Interestingly enough Goodell's wife, Jane Skinner, worked at Fox News during that period.

People demand accountability? That's rich. The are three teams in the league that have been fined and had draft pics taken from them due to Salary Cap Violations. Do those teams face the same scrutiny that the Pats currently do? He-double hockey sticks No. All is forgotten except by a few. Yet one of those teams won Two Super Bowls because of their Salary Cap circumventions. Are their trophys associated with *'s? Again No.

oh and to add about Goodell and the Ray Rice investigation - Of course the investigation into a Ravens player was botched. Goodell is best friends with the Ravens owner - He was asked to go light on the punishment and he did. If Deadspin (I think it was deadspin) never got the tape of the elevator Nobody would have said word one about the initial punishment.
Ummm, not sure how the first part makes the tapes less damaging. He destoyed them because he didn't want anyone seeing them as you said. Why? Because they were damaging.

And that's what's on the tapes that everyone's getting upset about? Does that damage the credibility of those tapes at all?

JG: Oh, no, no, no,no — because the rest of it, is damaging. Because they go the coaches, to the down and distance, back up to the coaches, back to the down and distance — it couldn't be anymore clear. They focus in on three guys the entire time, it is soooo brazen it's incredible.

Deservedly so?

Why's that? The only thing you know is that there were 11 deflated balls found at halftime. Which, if I might remind you is before the Pats ran wild on the Colts.

So you all of a sudden know for a fact how they were deflated? You know for a fact that the Patriots, if it was indeed a calculated ploy on the Pats part, did it with ill intent?

We know that 11 footballs don't magically lose air. 1 or 2, yeah you could make an argument. 11? What's more likely?

Also report that NFL back in November was told of this by none other then the colts. So NFL was aware of this even before 2015. But yeah, just a coincidence.

If this game was close are you going to tell me you wouldn't have question as to if this really effected the game or not? Because it was a blow out people seem to overlook the fact that the Pats violated league rules, period. Same with Spygate, they obviously violated league rules and got punished for it. Since this is the second time they have been caught they should receive a stronger punishment and if they get caught again an even stronger punishment.

It isn't like they don't have the talent and coaching to win without all this stupid stuff but the fact is the fact they have been caught cheating twice now. Defend however you want but the facts are the facts.

Quote:If this game was close are you going to tell me you wouldn't have question as to if this really effected the game or not? Because it was a blow out people seem to overlook the fact that the Pats violated league rules, period. Same with Spygate, they obviously violated league rules and got punished for it. Since this is the second time they have been caught they should receive a stronger punishment and if they get caught again an even stronger punishment.

It isn't like they don't have the talent and coaching to win without all this stupid stuff but the fact is the fact they have been caught cheating twice now. Defend however you want but the facts are the facts.

It's safe to say a punishment is coming

Quote:It's safe to say a punishment is coming
What are they going to be punished for?

Quote:So we are officially in hysteria. The NFL already knew about the Patriots deflation allegations.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://deadspin.com/report-nfl-was-aware-of-patriots-deflation-allegations-1680914291'>http://deadspin.com/report-nfl-was-aware-of-patriots-deflation-allegations-1680914291</a>

This proves somebody let air out during the first half. They checked balls before the game, then they checked all the balls during half time and suddenly a lot of air has been let out.

Quote:What are they going to be punished for?

Is this a real question?