Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bob Babich

Quote:Blame the offense. How many times was it three and out after three and out. A defense can only be on the field so much. Look at the game at Indy. The defense dominated the first half. With even an adequate offense, the Jaguars are winning that game. Same story at Baltimore, at home against Miami.

Indy scored on their first possession in the second half. That can hardly be because the defense was tired.

Six of 16 times the Jags defense gave up a TD on the first possession of the 2nd half. A few would be expected but six seems excessive.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The set up Babich to succeed with the offseason acquisitions and conversely set up Fisch to fail by building the O through the draft.

What? You don't think Zane Beadles was the final piece in the offense?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:We had fairly-equally mixed between man-to-man and zone and we got burned either way. The failure to cover Des Bryant was due to the arrogance of Gus for not having two defenders on Des. McCray did much better covering his WR than Gratz who was the weak link. The weakest link was FS who was so often miscommunicating with others. When we get a good FS to go with McCray and Colvin, our secondary will thrive.

True.  Also, didn't Marinelli move Bryant over to Gratz' side because he was having minimal success with McCray?  After that, he went off.  Bryant surprised me, always a difference maker, but he's taking over games now.  And to think his former partner, Blackmon, was considered to have a bigger upside.  Scary.

The Cowboys to me was the best team we played this season.  Slaughtered in the trenches on both sides...seemed like it was over before the fellows felt that crisp London breeze.  And they kept pouring it on.

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Yeah. He might be the best receiver in the league. And the team did a pretty good job on Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham and Steve Smith. Bryant is a stud who abuses alot of DB's.

It's actually pretty remarkable what the team held Brown and OBJ to.

We held Brown to his 3rd lowest yardage total (84, lowest was 72) for the season.  Also held him without a TD.

After NYG bye week, when OBJ went on a tear, we held him to his lowest yardage total at 90.  Only one other team held him below 100 in that 9 week span.  We're also the only team in the last 6 weeks of the season to hold him without a TD.

Those were 2 of the top receivers this year.

How did Demetrius McCray fall so far in the draft? Not a big name school? Has just really improved?

Quote:How did Demetrius McCray fall so far in the draft? Not a big name school? Has just really improved?
His 40 time wasn't elite (he ran a 4.54 at the combine) and he was pretty slight at 6'1" 187 lb.  None of his measurables indicated he'd turn into the player he's become. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:How did Demetrius McCray fall so far in the draft? Not a big name school? Has just really improved?
Yeah, smaller D1 school with nothing really jumping off the charts.  Questions on his hips and long speed.  No one is going to draft a guy like that high.  If he was in a bigger conference and went up against bigger names he would have gotten more recognition.  Better for us as he is doing really well in our system.

Quote:We go man to man and get burned over the top by Dez Bryant. It's still a young set of DB's.
I'm so used to our DB's getting beat, I didn't even realize Bryant had a career day against us this year... oh well.. who cares... Dallas loses this week anyways.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

It has been a weird few years.  We're so bad at the macro level that we don't even pay attention anymore to the opponents stats.  When your losing by 20+ points at the half, who gives a crap how many yards Dez is racking up.

I can't wait for the day when I'm angry over a LBs missed assignment or a Safety taking the wrong angle.

You're speaking the truth, Cane.  Bad has been the norm for us,  you don't count that.  The few catches, runs, sacks...interspersed by being hammered, are what we live for.  #NothingElseButTheLordsPrayerForNow.  Our father, which art in Heaven...

Snap.  No capital F for Father.  Please lord, don't take it out on our Jags.  Haven't we seen enough already, dear God?

Quote:Snap.  No capital F for Father.  Please lord, don't take it out on our Jags.  Haven't we seen enough already, dear God?

You did it again.  :teehee:         ^

He didn't mean it, Lord.  Please bless our Jags! 

Demetrius Mccray is good but in reality on another team he probably wouldnt see the field. But I hope he can turn into true shutdown corner

Quote:Demetrius Mccray is good but in reality on another team he probably wouldnt see the field.
You must not watch much football.

DMac easily starts on another team. The guy is good. Has instincts, good in coverage, physical and shows mindblowing upside for a second year 7th round pick.

Quote:You must not watch much football.

I've watched enough football and been a Jag fan for long enough to know that we Jag fans overrrate average players because we haven't seen real talent in jacksonville in so long. Im guilty of doing this. I thought Derek Cox was the next great corner

Quote:I've watched enough football and been a Jag fan for long enough to know that we Jag fans overrrate average players because we haven't seen real talent in jacksonville in so long. Im guilty of doing this. I thought Derek Cox was the next great corner
Tell me McCray is a great corner, and I'll say the same thing: you must not watch much football. On the other side of that coin, McCray is definitely a starting-caliber corner on most teams, and saying that he wouldn't see the field is kind of ridiculous.