Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell says DRob was the most improved player

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2015, 11:20 AM by JAG-ON.)

Quote:Why? 

There is a FS, Oline, Dline, LB, we could take in the second and improve the team more.
That depends on free agency...  I think there is a good chance FS and LB are upgraded in FA.  Most people think we will get Williams or Gregory in the 1st to upgrade the DL.  A stud RB would take a lot of pressure off of BB. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2015, 11:28 AM by Kane.)

Quote:That depends on free agency...  I think there is a good chance FS and LB are upgraded in FA.  Most people think we will get Williams or Gregory in the 1st to upgrade the DL.  A stud RB would take a lot of pressure off of BB. 
I really think D Rob made great strides and if he continues to do so I still think a RB in round 2 is a wasted pick.

RBs are a dime a dozen... even Melvin Gordon's and Gurleys

I hope they keep Toddman though for depth... if they cut Slowby since I am not sure D-Rob can be a sole back...

Quote:I really think D Rob made great strides and if he continues to do so I still think a RB in round 2 is a wasted pick.

RBs are a dime a dozen... even Melvin Gordon's and Gurleys
I am a huge D Rob/ Michigan fan and I think he has potential to be really good but he is always injured!  Gordon has potential to be a star running back.  There is a reason why he is unquestionably mocked as the 1st RB off the board.  (most mocks have him going middle of the 1st)  We need solid stability at the RB position to let some pressure off of BB.  I know everyone is going to say O-line improvement will help that but everything Caldwell is saying he is happy with the personnel there except for RT, which should be upgraded in FA.  Bottom line...Gordon/D Rob next year would be nasty!!

Running backs and the running game in general are becoming less important in the NFL...

Look at NE and the clots... they basically didn't run the ball at all.

I think at this point to target a RB in the early rounds or any round this year would be foolish. There are other needs that should be addressed...

Maybe next year we can target another Rb... but for now, I think we're good at that position

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2015, 09:07 PM by Predator.)

Quote:Running backs and the running game in general are becoming less important in the NFL...

Look at NE and the clots... they basically didn't run the ball at all.

I think at this point to target a RB in the early rounds or any round this year would be foolish. There are other needs that should be addressed...

Maybe next year we can target another Rb... but for now, I think we're good at that position
Drafting a RB in the first round is a luxury best suited for a team that already has most of it's pieces in place.

Some people point out that a guy like Adrian Peterson is worth a top pick, but the reality is that the vikings have only had 3 winning seasons in the 8 years since drafting the greatest RB of the past decade.

The NFL is no longer set up to build franchises around RBs anymore.

Quote:I am a huge D Rob/ Michigan fan and I think he has potential to be really good but he is always injured!  Gordon has potential to be a star running back.  There is a reason why he is unquestionably mocked as the 1st RB off the board.  (most mocks have him going middle of the 1st)  We need solid stability at the RB position to let some pressure off of BB.  I know everyone is going to say O-line improvement will help that but everything Caldwell is saying he is happy with the personnel there except for RT, which should be upgraded in FA.  Bottom line...Gordon/D Rob next year would be nasty!!
I don't doubt the talent of Gordon. Or the fact that we could have a really good 1-2 with D Rob.

What I'm saying is this team doesn't have the luxury of selecting a RB that high yet.

IMO, a high 2nd rounder should be used elsewhere, depending on F/A.

Now, if we get a vet WR, and a stud FS in free agency and address the Dline with the 1st round

sure.... then go ahead and use the 2nd on Gordon if he slips that far...

even still, I don't think this team is thinking RB in rounds 1-3