Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marc Trestman to interview for OC position

Quote:Would you trust this guy to give you a honest answer? Lol

[Image: 4684858.jpg]

He looks like he walked out of the same cloning tank as Rick Scott. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Who cares what he looks like. Y'all wanna get in bed with him or lead us a winning offense?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Who cares what he looks like. Y'all wanna get in bed with him or lead us a winning offense?

Who says we can't do both   :woot:

^^^awesome sig!

This is probably the best objective write up I've seen regarding Trestman. And they have pictures!

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/160...for-cutler
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Good

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Here's a great article that discusses Trestman and his various stints in detail.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-...ears-coach

This guy sucks.

Quote:This guy sucks.
You suck tacks fan

Cool

;

;

Quote:Here's a great article that discusses Trestman and his various stints in detail.

Kind of a puffy piece, but still interesting and enlightening.   The portrait that emerges is of a guy who is very smart with Xs and Os, and is basically kind and caring for others, but lacks the natural people skills of, for example, Gus Bradley.  

All these candidates are flawed in some way.   You can either get a guy who has been fired before, or a guy with no experience at all.   If you want an experienced NFL OC who has never been fired, you can't get one, because they would either be a current NFL OC, or a current NFL head coach.  

Think about that for a second.   The only way to hire a coach in the NFL is to promote them, either from the unemployment line, or from currently being a position coach.   By rule, coaches don't make lateral moves unless their current team gives them permission.  Therefore, if you want an experienced NFL OC, you have to get someone who has been fired.   You have to get someone who has experienced some level of failure. 

Trestman is very very experienced, and he's had a lot of success in the past.  If he and Gus decide that he fits here, then he's probably the right guy.  

Quote:This is probably the best objective write up I've seen regarding Trestman. And they have pictures!

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1600722-breaking-down-what-marc-trestmans-past-history-with-qbs-suggests-for-cutler'>http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1600722-breaking-down-what-marc-trestmans-past-history-with-qbs-suggests-for-cutler</a>

Great article. Thanks.

Quote:This is probably the best objective write up I've seen regarding Trestman. And they have pictures!

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/160...for-cutler

Good article.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Here's a great article that discusses Trestman and his various stints in detail.

The most important part of the article to me were these two paragraphs.

Quote: 

In fact, Bill Walsh was interested in hiring Trestman in 1986 to coach the 49ers quarterbacks. The Vikings blocked him as they had Trestman under contract. Instead, Walsh hired Holmgren.

Other coaches who either hired Trestman or were interested in hiring him in the first stage of his coaching career include Lee Corso, Butch Davis, Bud Grant, Jon Gruden, Jimmy Johnson, Sean Payton, Wade Phillips, Bobby Ross, Howard Schnellenberger, Marty Schottenheimer, George Seifert and Don Shula.

I stopped reading at this point.

If those guys all wanted him to work with their QBs/offense, he's certainly good enough for us.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Marc Trestman is a Dink and dunker. Every QB under him has had lower Ypa than prior to him coming.

I dont like this term dink and dunk.  Most QB's are, you think Brady and Manning throw the ball down the field 20 yards every play.  Rodgers is the only one I can say throws it deep with success pretty often and well Rodgers is on a planet of his own.  If you find a QB that can own the "ding and dunk"  then sign me up

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Luck drinks and dunks constantly, but then takes shots 15-20 yards down the field when appropriate. There's nothing wrong with short passing, so long as you stay aggressive and keep the defense guessing.

I think that was the downfall of our offense. The bears and 49ers were a much more dynamic offenses than we have had here in a long time

Please make it happen Gus. PLEASE!!

This would be a great signing.  The guy is creative and knows offense.  Loves to stretch the field.  Make it happen!

Quote:So Gus hasn't been sitting on his hands all week while other teams were out doing coaching interviews?

Did you actually read what you were responding to?  According to that content, they've been in constant contact.  For all the interviews, he hasn't taken a job anywhere.  He intends to interview here, Nobody is sitting on their hands.

Quote:As many of the apologist have said.  Our opinion does not count.  It's the brass in charge

Reality is finally starting to sink in.

Quote:I just read that Oehser says he thinks there's a good chance Blackmon plays in 2015?

I think the general consensus is that he will apply for reinstatement.  If he's keeping himself on the straight and narrow, there's little doubt he'll be back.  What kind of player we get back when that happens remains to be seen. 

That's some really thoughtful analysis.  Thanks.

Quote:The most important part of the article to me were these two paragraphs.

I stopped reading at this point.

If those guys all wanted him to work with their QBs/offense, he's certainly good enough for us.

It is good to see that he's a guy who has always been in demand.  Not all good coordinators wind up being effective head coaches.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]