Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marc Trestman to interview for OC position

Quote:To be the Head Coach?!

I'm down!

Na, that's a lateral move.  We'd have to make him team owner.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Edgar Bennett

Kirby Wilson

Rick Dennison

Would be my picks

Quote:The only possibility I see there is Rick Dennison (current Raven's QB coach), who was OC for Mike Shanahan for 3 mediocre non-playoff years in Denver, and a position coach during the superbowl years.  He was also Texans OC from 2010 to 2013 and did put up some pretty good offenses.  And if I'm not mistaking, the Texans run a zone blocking scheme.  So yea, I can definitely see that. 

Greg Knapp, Denver's QB coach, also comes from zone blocking background. Those guys make a lot of sense given the teams investment into linemen that fit the scheme.

Quote:Greg Knapp, Denver's QB coach, also comes from zone blocking background. Those guys make a lot of sense given the teams investment into linemen that fit the scheme.
What a second, you mean ZBS actually can work!  What! 

Quote:What a second, you mean ZBS actually can work! What!

Shanahan has made a career out of it turning no name RBs into 1000+ yard rushers.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Shanahan has made a career out of it turning no name RBs into 1000+ yard rushers.
According to this board, that would be rather impossible!  Down with the ZBS!!!

Jags should hire Mark Burnel as the oc

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:According to this board, that would be rather impossible! Down with the ZBS!!!

According to this board, huh? Funny I have not seen one "Down with ZBS" thread all season long... also, I haven't read one member mention contempt for the ZBS for weeks if not months...

Methinks thou doth protest to much, verily

I think it's someone on the Ravens too. I feel like Dave and Ozzie are somewhat close and he sees someone he wants over there.

Quote:He didn't go into much detail, but take his viewpoint with a grain of salt.  His reasoning for saying the team isn't serious about Trestman is somewhat laughable, especially since they've scheduled an interview. 

Ryan seems like the type of reporter who throws a lot of opinions disguised as "insider facts" against the wall in the hopes that a few will stick.

Quote:According to this board, huh? Funny I have not seen one "Down with ZBS" thread all season long... also, I haven't read one member mention contempt for the ZBS for weeks if not months...

the poster that complained about that has been banned quite a while.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:According to this board, huh? Funny I have not seen one "Down with ZBS" thread all season long... also, I haven't read one member mention contempt for the ZBS for weeks if not months...

Just from the first page of the forum search for "Zone Blocking":

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...ntry415080

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...ntry407477

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...ntry404426

Kotter hired for Bucs OC job. I think Trestman is still in play here.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ordinator/

Quote:Kotter hired for Bucs OC job. I think Trestman is still in play here.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ordinator/
I'm beginning to think Trestman isn't really as in play as some here seem to think.  It's not like he hasn't been available to interview.  Methinks the Jags are still waiting for their top choice to be available.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

And OHalloran said as much

Quote:I'm beginning to think Trestman isn't really as in play as some here seem to think. It's not like he hasn't been available to interview. Methinks the Jags are still waiting for their top choice to be available.

That seems to be the case to to me as well... I'm no expert in trestman's career.

I'd be very happy if we got him, but my joy would be based on name recognition only...

He seems to be one of, if not the top candidate. I wonder who we are targeting if not him...

It's just a waiting game right now... we probably won't have any more news until after Sunday's games. Which is agonizing for those who are impatient.

Quote:And OHalloran said as much
I haven't really dismissed what Ryan O said.  I just don't know if the rationale behind his opinion is valid.  He's saying Trestman isn't a serious candidate because he and Bradley are friends.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I'm beginning to think Trestman isn't really as in play as some here seem to think.  It's not like he hasn't been available to interview.  Methinks the Jags are still waiting for their top choice to be available.
didn't you also think there was no way Fisch would be fired???

Quote:And OHalloran said as much
LOL and Ohalloran is such a reliable source. I actuly think they tell him stuff to make him look bad he is an awful writer and never gets his stories right. he was 100% sure we where not taking a QB with the 1st round. Hes 100% sure Blackmon wont be back. Though this conjecture may have some merit to it, he is still a hack and i think the team BS him on a regular basis.

Quote:I haven't really dismissed what Ryan O said.  I just don't know if the rationale behind his opinion is valid.  He's saying Trestman isn't a serious candidate because he and Bradley are friends.

its pretty odd. trestman is a big name with a proven record. if someone is still in the playoffs, they cant be an OC already (unless they believe he will be fired)

so i guess im curious what makes the jaguars think that someone who may not even have held the OC position for would be better than trestman.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."