Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
JDR Underappreciated?

Quote:Shack and Jack took over a roster already being rebuilt. Coughlin didn't "blow it up". He let go of a lot of veterans in 2002 but still had Brunell, Taylor, Smith, Brady, Meester, Maurice Williams, Stroud and Darius. And in 2002 added Garrard, Naeole and Henderson.

Trying to compare the two situations is laughable.

Where did you do post graduate work, Jagley?  Were critical reasoning and comparative analyses part of the curriculum? 

This rebuilt roster that Jack inherited with the players listed above, consisting of the aged cap-strapped veterans who went 6-10, 6-10 in 01 and 02 and the rookies were supposed to then get great? Oh guess what, they actually developed, exponentially, they went 5-11, 9-7, 12-4.  Did you expect more?  Were they so superior to the current regime...isn't it the same formulae, fresh blood for likely growth.  Or are you contending that had the Jags kept a few more vets before Bradley/Caldwell took over they'll be in better shape?  Didn't they decide to part ways with the vets, Knigton, Smith, Mathis n co?  Were they cap casualties as was the case in TC to JDR era?  I am not following.  I thought they let these guys go because they didn't consider them worthy.  Help a laughable guy mate.

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Mel Tucker got 2 the year JDR was let go

Cheers Dock.  I lumped it all in the 5-11 exit season.  Fair enough.

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Absolutely he was underappreciated. We could have won a superbowl with him. He made a great defense with a pretty decent offense despite horrible draft picks thanks to shack and gene.

just imagine for a minute if shack and gene wouldve hit on those draft picks before our playoff run of 2008.

edit: If we hit on those wr's we drafred after leftwich, we win 2008 superbowl easily. All we needed to beat NE that year was WR's who knew how to catch. Indy we decimated and both indy and chicago that year had choke QBs in manning and grossman
Technically, it was the Giants that won the nfc that year, not the bears. Still, I agree. That team we had that year was pretty solid.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Jagley, thanks for the response mate.  The intent was to get indicative responses from those that could constructively compare both eras.  Some of us don't football; it's too hard, we chose to be medical doctors instead.

Dr. BritJag MD. lol

Quote: Where did you do post graduate work, Jagley?  Were critical reasoning and comparative analyses part of the curriculum? 

This rebuilt roster that Jack inherited with the players listed above, consisting of the aged cap-strapped veterans who went 6-10, 6-10 in 01 and 02 and the rookies were supposed to then get great? Oh guess what, they actually developed, exponentially, they went 5-11, 9-7, 12-4.  Did you expect more?  Were they so superior to the current regime...isn't it the same formulae, fresh blood for likely growth.  Or are you contending that had the Jags kept a few more vets before Bradley/Caldwell took over they'll be in better shape?  Didn't they decide to part ways with the vets, Knigton, Smith, Mathis n co?  Were they cap casualties as was the case in TC to JDR era?  I am not following.  I thought they let these guys go because they didn't consider them worthy.  Help a laughable guy mate.

You ask a lot of questions and yet refuse to accept any answers

What was under appreciated about him? He got paid millions!

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:However, I don't call JDR's accomplishments mediocre considering what we had to work with.

Hey is the pure definition of mediocre.

He and Garrard were a good match.

adjective1.
<div>of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate:

</div>

Coughling > JDR > Mel Tucker > Mularkey > Bradley. 

Bradley worst head coach ever. 

If you're content with chilling around .500 year in year out then JDR's your guy.

Quote:Coughling > JDR > Mel Tucker > Mularkey > Bradley. 

I would take it a step further.

Worst human being ever.

Waste of skin and bones.

Someone didn't get an autograph.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Did you bang your fist on your desk as you typed this?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Cheers Dock.  I lumped it all in the 5-11 exit season.  Fair enough.
Like Docker said, Tucker pulled 2 wins out his [BLEEP] after Jack got fired.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2015, 11:49 AM by P. Haze.)

Quote:If you're content with chilling around .500 year in year out then JDR's your guy.
Better than chilling way below it with your boy Gus the cheerleader. Jason Garrett chilled around .500 for years until he broke thru and got his team two games away from the Super Bowl. Gus Bradley can't get his team away from the #1 pick to save his and his families' life. But I guess you're content with that life instead. Under Jack I saw the best offense and defensive days in Jags' history, and when he had those best offensive stats he did it with Reggie Williams and Matt Jones at receiver. But Imma let you and whoever else with faith in Gus look like a fool and sink with him when this "plan" doesn't work under him.

Quote:Better than chilling way below it with your boy Gus the cheerleader. Jason Garrett chilled around .500 for years until he broke thru and got his team two games away from the Super Bowl. Gus Bradley can't get his team away from the #1 pick to save his and his families' life. But I guess you're content with that life instead. Under Jack I saw the best offense and defensive days in Jags' history, and when he had those best offensive stats he did it with Reggie Williams and Matt Jones at receiver. But Imma let you and whoever else with faith in Gus look like a fool and sink with him when this "plan" doesn't work under him.

You're comparing the Cowboys roster to the Jags?

Huh

Quote:You're comparing the Cowboys roster to the Jags?
No

Do people really think Gus was going to do something with probably the worst roster in NFL history? The defense played well enough to win more than 3 games, but we had offense primarily made up of rookies vs veteran's defenses. Now someone is actually comparing the Cowboys/Garrett to the Jags. Garrett took over an established team with an established QB. You have to wonder if some of the posters on this message board are on the right medication!

Quote:JDR was mediocre, which is better than Bradley and Mularkey. He also had problems with the Offense but never as bad as the other 2.

Also, Shack is highly underrated around here for some reason, the guy brought good players here, and yes, he also failed in some drafts (like every other GM in the NFL).

Who are these good players he brought in you speak of?

I can remember Who Douglas, Jerry Porter, BDub,Cleo Lemon and Drayton Florence.

You can't possibly be referring to the players above, so please do enlighten me.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Do people really think Gus was going to do something with probably the worst roster in NFL history? The defense played well enough to win more than 3 games, but we had offense primarily made up of rookies vs veteran's defenses. Now someone is actually comparing the Cowboys/Garrett to the Jags. Garrett took over an established team with an established QB. You have to wonder if some of the posters on this message board are on the right medication!
If the defense played well enough to win more than 3 games, whatever that means then how can this be the worst roster in NFL history? That is the dumbest quote ever in message board history actually. And who compared the Jags roster to the Cowboys? I'm saying I rather hang around .500 and eventually have good seasons to go to the playoffs to have a chance at a championship as opposed to always sucking picking top 3 with no chance. Being that you're saying top notch stupid [BLEEP] I wouldn't accuse you of getting that.

I feel like I should call a waaah-mbulance.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]