Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Next Move !

Quote:I think GM Dave Caldwell refered to M. Lewis performance as incredible so I doubt he'll be cut...
Please provide a link where he referred to Lewis' performance this year as "incredible" and meant it in a positive light.

The only positive comments I've seen from Caldwell about Lewis was that there was value for his veteran presence.  Nothing beyond that. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Please provide a link where he referred to Lewis' performance this year as "incredible" and meant it in a positive light.

The only positive comments I've seen from Caldwell about Lewis was that there was value for his veteran presence.  Nothing beyond that. 
hey man, how do you feel about Fisch being gone?

Quote:hey man, how do you feel about Fisch being gone?
As long as they upgrade that position, I'm fine with it.  I wasn't thrilled with Fisch to begin with, but recognized that the struggles with the offense weren't ALL on him.  He was definitely contributing to the issues, but there were multiple factors that had an impact on the lousy offense. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Please provide a link where he referred to Lewis' performance this year as "incredible" and meant it in a positive light.

The only time I see Caldwell, Lewis and Incredible performance in the same sentence is posts by "DewtheMathis".

Quote:The only time I see Caldwell, Lewis and Incredible performance in the same sentence is posts by "DewtheMathis".
Which is why there hasn't been a response to my request for a link. 

Quote: I ... recognized that the struggles with the offense weren't ALL on him.

Nothing ever happens in a vacuum, but for those of us that understand something as simple as football it was clear that the big problem with the offense was that Fisch didn't understand well enough how to prepare players and dictate game situations with play calling.

It's no coincidence he was fired in spite of all the significant negatives that have been noted to firing a coordinator after a QB's first season.

Quote:Nothing ever happens in a vacuum, but for those of us that understand something as simple as football it was clear that the big problem with the offense was that Fisch didn't understand well enough how to prepare players and dictate game situations with play calling.

It's no coincidence he was fired in spite of all the significant negatives that have been noted to firing a coordinator after a QB's first season.
egg zactly

I would definitely like to see Tyson and Poz back.  Gus's defense needs a deep rotation of fresh DL, and Alualu has been a quality starter who never misses a game.  Sure we need a stud pass rusher, but we also need 7 or 8 other quality DL who can play specific roles.  Alualu can play 2 or 3 positions and has settled into the big DE rotation nicely.  He's also a model citizen and lunch pail worker who wants to be in Jax and knows the scheme. 

Poz is still one of the greats, and he can provide a lot of stability for the young guys around him.  There's a possibility Jeremiah George may be the long-term answer at MLB, but he didn't get much game time before being injured.  I think George would really benefit from a year playing Special Teams and learning from Poz, before possibly taking over the spot in 2016 and beyond.  I see Caldwell addressing OLB this offseason, but i think the team likes George as a young prospect and would be surprised to see a MLB drafted.

Quote:Nothing ever happens in a vacuum, but for those of us that understand something as simple as football it was clear that the big problem with the offense was that Fisch didn't understand well enough how to prepare players and dictate game situations with play calling.

No, nothing ever happens in a vacuum, but you'd never know that by the way some people run around here fixating on one target or another without proper context or perspective. 

Someone had to take the fall for the offensive woes this year.  He was certainly deserving because of the perception that his offense wasn't properly prepared from week to week, and the play calling was pretty awful most of the time. 

WIth a new OC who hopefully has the background of developing young QBs and crafting an up tempo, aggressive offense, things will improve next year. 

Nobody here or among Jaguars fans is mourning the departure of Jedd Fisch. 

Poz is overrated. Alooaloo is a decent rotational player. 

It was in his conference meeting he last had (live) he said that Poz was incredible and then included M. Lewis as being incredible as well... sorry dont have the link.

<sup>Lewis posted an 18-206-2 line on the season. Lewis started all eight games he appeared in, but missed the other eight games on I.R./recall with a significant ankle sprain. He’s no longer a threat as a receiver and battled drops all season. Lewis is mainly kept around as a blocker and steadying veteran presence on a young team. He has one year left on his contract with an $8.4 million cap number. On any other team, Lewis would be an easy cut. But Jacksonville is flush with cap space. Lewis’ roster standing will depend on what GM Dave Caldwell decides to do in free agency. He’s not a fantasy option - Rotoworld</sup>

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2015, 11:29 AM by ATLjag.)

I went back and listened to Caldwell's year end press conference; it is posted on December 30th in the video section of this site.  When asked if he thought Poz and Lewis would be brought back with their high salaries, he stated that Poz was incredible with his leadership skills and believes he has a couple good years left, and then said "the same for Lewis".  He also mentioned that their decision to be brought back would not be cap based. 

My read on the comments were that he is likely to bring them back.  Especially in light of some of his other comments about the team being so young throughout the conference, the presence of some [added] veterans is/may be a good thing.  I don't think he's prepared to cut them to create holes of need, at least not yet, nor does he seem to want to lose veteran leadership given the roster.

Quote:I went back and listened to Caldwell's year end press conference; it is posted on December 30th in the video section of this site.  When asked if he thought Poz and Lewis would be brought back with their high salaries, he stated that Poz was incredible with his leadership skills and believes he has a couple good years left, and then said "the same for Lewis".  He also mentioned that their decision to be brought back would not be cap based. 

My read on the comments were that he is likely to bring them back.  Especially in light of some of his other comments about the team being so young throughout the conference, the presence of some [added] veterans is/may be a good thing.  I don't think he's prepared to cut them to create holes of need, at least not yet, nor does he seem to want to lose veteran leadership given the roster.
Poz is almost a certain lock for the roster next year.

I'm not as certain about Lewis.  I think the Jags will look at what's available in free agency, and if they can truly upgrade the position, they'll pull the trigger.  They won't dump Lewis unless there's a viable replacement, but honestly, with his mediocre hands as a receiving threat, if they can find a guy capable of blocking adequately with better hands, they'd be hard-pressed to pass that up.

Quote:It was in his conference meeting he last had (live) he said that Poz was incredible and then included M. Lewis as being incredible as well... sorry dont have the link.

You might want to go back and watch that video again to see what he was referencing when he used the word "incredible". 

Quote:It was in his conference meeting he last had (live) he said that Poz was incredible and then included M. Lewis as being incredible as well... sorry dont have the link.

You misheard it

Huh?

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:After releasing Fisch which was the first move I felt this organization needed to make.Its time to start addressing the next move which is getting rid of the dead weight players on the team.And those are Cecil Shorts, Chad Henne, Marcedes Lewis, Tyson Alualu, and Paul Posluszny.I dont care if some of these players are under contract they havent produce
so they should be gone! And you can add Gerhart to that list too.. Im tired of us keeping mediocre players that dont perform but get paid. They have to go! Let me correct this Paul has produce
, i just feel he has gotten older and slower. And its time to give the young guys the green light.

What kind of produce are we talking? Greens?  Herbs? Carrots?