Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Next Move !

Quote:I agree that Henne sucks. I don't think any disputes that. What veteran back up would you get in his place?
Good Question. Id wait on the new Oc to determine offense style of play.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2015, 12:18 PM by JAGFAN88.)

Quote:I like that Gabbert kid.
especially if we get Roman, he will know the system :teehee:

if we get Trestman bring in Clausen system guy again

Quote:It seems arizona did quite well when thier starter went down, even when the back up went down they did good, want untill they were playing a guy off someone elses practice squad that they looked bad

Im about to say something I NEVER EVER thought I was going to say but here goes, I was watching that game and actually thought "They would be better off with Tim Tebow". I assure you that's the only time I've ever thought that

Quote: 
  • Matt Moore - Mia
  • Mark Sanchez - Phi
  • Jay Clocker - Ten
  • Michael Vick - NJJ
  • Matt Hasselbeck - Ind
  • Christian Ponder - Min
  • Matt Flynn - GB
  • Blaine Gabbert - SF
  • Shaun Hill - StL
  • Jason Campbell - Cin
  • Tarvaris Jackson - Sea
  • Brian Hoyer - Cle
  • Ryan Mallet - Hou
  • Tyrod Taylor - Bal
  • Scott Tolzien - GB
  • TJ Yates - Atl
  • Jimmy Clausen - Chi
  • Joe Webb - Car
  • Luke McCown - NO
  • Colt McCoy - Was
  • Dan Orlovsky - Det
  • Kellen Moore - Det
  • Austin Davis - StL
  • Josh Johnson - SF
  • Matt Blanchard - Car
  • Matt Simms - NJJ
  • Ryan Lindley - Ari
  • Thaddeus Lewis - Hou
  • Chester Stewart - Bal
  • GJ Kinnie - NJJ
  • Kyle Newhall-Caballero - Oak
  • Tyler Hansen - Cin
Pick one :teehee: i think Matt Moore is much better then henne but there is a good list of them

Jay Clocker?    LOL   Did you do that on purpose?  

Quote:Jay Clocker?    LOL   Did you do that on purpose?  
Naw im too lazy to type all that out i just copy pasted from a list of 2015 FA QBs

Quote:Im about to say something I NEVER EVER thought I was going to say but here goes, I was watching that game and actually thought "They would be better off with Tim Tebow". I assure you that's the only time I've ever thought that
I dont have a problem with this.

Sanchez of that FA-QB list is probably the only one I'd say for sure is better than Henne. Even then...marginal at best

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Henne isn't all that popular around here... which I'm sure just breaks his heart as he's heading to the bank to deposit that NFL paycheck. However, I can't see this team cutting him unless they actually do have someone in mind who they 'think' would be an upgrade.

I mean lets think about this; is he a 'game changer'? Our experience with him has taught us he isn't; but, is that what a 'backup' quarterback is supposed to be? We wish, but that usually isn't the case. I would think that all you can realistically expect of 'most' backups is to be game managers, and that's pretty much exactly what you get with Chad.

I think the fans were (in a manner of speaking) set up to have too high of expectations of him this past season due to his starting. When he wasn't able to live up to those expectations, the fans turned on him and Gus was forced to put in BB2 whether he wanted to or not. The only 'good' thing that came out of that is that it made it painfully obvious to everyone just how ineffective our o-line is. You can't fix a problem until you're aware it exists...

Henne is what he is. He's a know 'quantity' for us here. If you look in a dictionary at 'backup quarterback', you will find a picture of Chad Henne. He's not a NFL starter quality quarterback, but he is a serviceable backup. In that role, we could do worse than Henne, so unless we're pretty sure we've got a line on someone who should be reasonably better, I can't see us cutting Chad.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:It seems arizona did quite well when thier starter went down, even when the back up went down they did good, want untill they were playing a guy off someone elses practice squad that they looked bad
You might want to look at how they played before you try to give a whole lot of credit to the QBs for AZs success. That was defense...plain and simple.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote: 
  • Matt Moore - Mia
  • Mark Sanchez - Phi
  • Jay Clocker - Ten
  • Michael Vick - NJJ
  • Matt Hasselbeck - Ind
  • Christian Ponder - Min
  • Matt Flynn - GB
  • Blaine Gabbert - SF
  • Shaun Hill - StL
  • Jason Campbell - Cin
  • Tarvaris Jackson - Sea
  • Brian Hoyer - Cle
  • Ryan Mallet - Hou
  • Tyrod Taylor - Bal
  • Scott Tolzien - GB
  • TJ Yates - Atl
  • Jimmy Clausen - Chi
  • Joe Webb - Car
  • Luke McCown - NO
  • Colt McCoy - Was
  • Dan Orlovsky - Det
  • Kellen Moore - Det
  • Austin Davis - StL
  • Josh Johnson - SF
  • Matt Blanchard - Car
  • Matt Simms - NJJ
  • Ryan Lindley - Ari
  • Thaddeus Lewis - Hou
  • Chester Stewart - Bal
  • GJ Kinnie - NJJ
  • Tyler Hansen - Cin
Pick one :teehee: i think Matt Moore is much better then henne but there is a good list of them

Everyone listed is better than Henne. I'd take Antwan Randle El too.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2015, 01:45 PM by Raven09s.)

Quote: 
  • Matt Moore - Mia
  • Mark Sanchez - Phi
  • Jay Clocker - Ten
  • Michael Vick - NJJ
  • Matt Hasselbeck - Ind
  • Christian Ponder - Min
  • Matt Flynn - GB
  • Blaine Gabbert - SF
  • Shaun Hill - StL
  • Jason Campbell - Cin
  • Tarvaris Jackson - Sea
  • Brian Hoyer - Cle
  • Ryan Mallet - Hou
  • Tyrod Taylor - Bal
  • Scott Tolzien - GB
  • TJ Yates - Atl
  • Jimmy Clausen - Chi
  • Joe Webb - Car
  • Luke McCown - NO
  • Colt McCoy - Was
  • Dan Orlovsky - Det
  • Kellen Moore - Det
  • Austin Davis - StL
  • Josh Johnson - SF
  • Matt Blanchard - Car
  • Matt Simms - NJJ
  • Ryan Lindley - Ari
  • Thaddeus Lewis - Hou
  • Chester Stewart - Bal
  • GJ Kinnie - NJJ
  • Tyler Hansen - Cin

Henne lost the starting gig to Moore in Miami.  Would be funny if he got replaced by Moore again lol

I love these OFF WITH THEIR HEADS! posts. With no reference to who would be better, with no reference to the need for back ups, with no reference to the salary cap, with no reference to ... anything. They got to go!

And it's only January 6. Oy.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Out of all the problems this team has, people are actually complaining about the backup QB? Lol, my goodness.

Quote:Jay Clocker?    LOL   Did you do that on purpose?  

I'll take Jay Clocker as a backup all day.

Quote:Im about to say something I NEVER EVER thought I was going to say but here goes, I was watching that game and actually thought "They would be better off with Tim Tebow". I assure you that's the only time I've ever thought that
Yeah really.  That other guy was horrible.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:I dont have a problem with this.
Which confirms why you're one of the deep "thinkers" on this board. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I'll take TJ Yates

Quote:I'll take TJ Yates
I'll take whoever the new guy wants. I'm not usually one to say things like that, but I have a feeling they will not pick up a scrub OC.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Of that group, Shorts and Lewis are probably replaced.  I think you're going to be sorely disappointed when the others are still here next year. 

As someone has already pointed out, Caldwell has expressed a desire to keep Alualu around, and they've made the same indications about Poz.  I don't see either player going anywhere.  

As far as Henne's concerned, I think the team would be content to keep him as well unless they can find a legitimate veteran to back up Bortles who is better than what we've got.  If he can upgrade that position, I'm sure he will, but I don't think they're actively shopping for another backup QB.  They like Henne in that role.
I think GM Dave Caldwell refered to M. Lewis performance as incredible so I doubt he'll be cut...

Quote:I think GM Dave Caldwell refered to M. Lewis performance as incredible so I doubt he'll be cut...
Could be a ruse for trade bait. Hes incredible ill take a 6th for him. :teehee: