Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Blueprint

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2015, 12:57 AM by MONK.)

Quote:"We" has been a term used by fans since the beginning of the concept of a fan. It's even incorporated in the jaguar fan chant, "We are Jaguars".

I realize these advanced concepts are a little too challenging for you, so please don't try to spell anything out. I would hate for you to overload that single brain cell in your skull that already appears to be on the verge of exploding.
Your attempts at insulting me are vain at best, predator.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This past season, with just the current defense roster along with just an average offense, this team would have gone 6-10 or possibly 8-8. And, that's with an average offense. At the core of that same offense is the OL. Unless they get together in the offseason as a unit and work on their weaknesses, they will be another stumblig block that keeps this team from reaching its potential. They CANNOT wait for the "official time" to gather together and work on their craft. With the exception of Linder, not one of these players has the luxury of simply putting in their time and have that be enough. Provided the OL steps up and comes together as a unit.....it will make whatever strides that Bortles makes look that much better. So...IMO, it starts AND stops with what this OL looks like come opening day next season.

Quote:I am no draftsman, but I don't think it is a blueprint.

You wanted a blue print, here's your stinkin' blue print!!!!!!

[Image: star-trek-blueprint-collection-8.jpg]

unrelated but the blueprint is probably my favorite jay-z record too tbh

If they ask why I act this way..just tell'em I'm from..

[Image: below-model-jax-2013.jpg]

DUUUUUUUVVVVAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL

Quote:This is the entire problem ive had with Caldwell from the start. We're here year 3 the year it comes to focuse and we should be competing for the division. Minimum a .500 team. Let's just look at what we're counting on, we're counting on older vets to continue their performance without missing a beat because we can't really draft heavy defensive line players. We're counting on the three rookie wr to not hit a sophomore slump and continue progressing in development. We're counting on the worse offensive line unit in our franchise history to improve with an offseason. We're damn near empty at lb so you have to focus on that in the offseason, not to mention the holes in the secondary, assuming cyprien pulls himselft out of the sophomore slump and the rookie Colvin is as Addertised.

It's just to much to gamble the defensive line is going to see some decline these guys are not young pups it's natural, we have to reload. But we can't really justify the natural reloading need on the line because we still have glaring holes at starting positions all over the roster.

It's a constant game of catch up, it's why the entire blow it up premise is flawed and rarely works.

Hopefully David can pull off a miracle.
Exactly. This team is like a dog chasing his damn tail. And don't let Bortles be a bust; they might as well pack this team up and get gone.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Blue print = Draft Todd Gurley or Melvin Gordon..

Bring in veteran FA guys to compete on OL.

Quote:Offensive Line:  I am not sold on anyone besides maybe Linder. This unit played abysmal most of the year. The worst thing to do is gamble and hope the young guys will get better.  Bring in competition across the board.  This is where the majority of free agent money should be spent.

Defensive Line:   When healthy this is one of the better lines in the league.  This line is good but getting a difference maker like JPP could turn this line from good to great.  The marks injury also really hurts so this probably will get filled in the 1st or 2nd round.  If there is no premiere talent available then spend most of the draft in this area

Linebackers:  This is an area that needs a complete overhaul.  Poz is a good vet but he is really a two down LB.   We need a new Mike LB and a new Sam.  Ideally you would love to see Telvin Smith use that Athletic ability to edge rush the QB from the weak side.   Telvin is the only long term player I see here.

Wide Receivers:  This area I am pretty happy with.  Lee became better later in the season and A. Robinson has fantastic hands.  Shorts should be allowed to walk with a more dependable veteran taking his place.  If Justin Blackmon does come back and can still play this could be a very dangerous young group.

Tight Ends:  Dire Need:  Lewis is way overpaid and under performed.  Let him walk and use that savings to bring in 2 good free agent tight ends. If you see one with playmaking ability snab him in the draft.  Harbor was invisible most of the year so he is a non factor

Secondary:   The CB position is actually pretty solid.  I hope gratz gets demoted to nickle and Colvin proves he can play outside.  The Safety position is a mess.  I believe this should be filled by signing 2 safetys in free agency.  Cyprien does make his fair share of tackles but also misses on many that allow big plays.  It's painfully obvious when you watch a game how many ball carriers make Cyprien miss or just plow right through him.  The FS spot needs a big upgrade.  This is an area that I believe veteran leadership is vital.  Some free agent money should be spent here

Running Backs:  Potential is there.  Toby played much better when he became healthy later in the season.  If D. Rob is coming back healthy I think it could be a one two punch.  If a solid one drops in day 2 or 3 in the draft snab him.

QB: I like all the traits we have seen in blake.  We just got to hope he comes back throwing less ints and more TD's.  Henne is a decent backup but ideally we would like to snag a veteran from free agency to replace Henne (even Vick)  I would like to see blake learn from a Qb who has done some great things with their career than Henne who has not been there.

OLine - Zane Beadles only proven great Offensive Lineman (Broncos as a RG), but they talk highly of Linder & Bowanko.  All I know is on paper (Stat wise) it was the worst OLine in Jaguars History.

DBs-  Actually worse than the Offensive Line, injuries like to Ball didnt help the matter & the never ending reloving door at Free Safety with scrubs but in the end the CBs were bismal as well...  2nd to worst lowest INT & PDs in the NFL despite being in the top 5 teams for sacks by the DLine & most INTs were from the DLine & LBs (telvin smith & JT THomas).

DTs - S. Marks was a beast and robbed of a ProBowl appearance, Miller was good at stopping the run but could use an upgrade there.  Marks injury really hurts.  Williams in the draft would be a nice addition. Arby could improve.

DEs- Clemons did a fantastic job at getting at the QB and stripping the ball, good depth with Branch, Smith but another LEO pickup in FA to add veteran pressence would be nice especially if Tyson is let go.  Big Red held it down but is aging.

LBs- Telvin Smith was one of the best rookie pickups this year, and if Poz remains healthy a beast.  JT provides good depth and could even move to OLB if needed, one more pickup for depth or to start at WOLB would be nice in draft.

FS-   A position of concern so much it needs another mention.

TEs-  I dont know about dire need.  I mean Lewis is annoying but will likely get resigned, Harbor at least gets down the field making LBs have to cover him if not getting safety attention. I would rather the team picks up a strong blocking TE like Kyle Brady.

HBs -  I dont know shoelace started to look good towards the end of the season but still has problem catching, running routes, fumbles, cant get critical short yardage.  Slowby was annoying to watch this year but maybe behind a strong Oline he can succeed I would rather they part ways at this point.  Toddman was impressive at times.  I think they'll pick one up either in FA or draft to compete though.

FBs - I thought Will Ta'ufo'ou did a decent job especially at running routes and catching, impressive.

WRs -  Tons of potential but still as GM Dave Caldwell pointed out no #1 WR stands out amongst the group.  I wish the team could get Justin Blackmon back in the mix, but as Vic Ketchman always said WRs are a dime a dozen.

QBs - The OLine was the worst in the NFL and for the first 3 weeks Chad Henne couldnt get a first down and was sacked/hit the most out of any QB in the NFL.  Then Blake was put in and was able to produce 1st downs and had a very high completion percentage and 3rd down success.  Then for what ever reason he started to regress, throw INTs on bad calls, got smacked around behind the line.  I am not sure if it was the QB coach, OC Fisch, or just Blake himself but it was alarming... I hope he returns to the improvement he had shown during preseason and into the first few weeks... towards the end of the season he was much better about not turning the ball over though.

Quote:I am no draftsman, but I don't think it is a blueprint.

It's really more like one poster's Teal-print.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.