Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Blueprint

Quote:This is the entire problem ive had with Caldwell from the start. We're here year 3 the year it comes to focuse and we should be competing for the division. Minimum a .500 team. Let's just look at what we're counting on, we're counting on older vets to continue their performance without missing a beat because we can't really draft heavy defensive line players. We're counting on the three rookie wr to not hit a sophomore slump and continue progressing in development. We're counting on the worse offensive line unit in our franchise history to improve with an offseason. We're damn near empty at lb so you have to focus on that in the offseason, not to mention the holes in the secondary, assuming cyprien pulls himselft out of the sophomore slump and the rookie Colvin is as Addertised.

It's just to much to gamble the defensive line is going to see some decline these guys are not young pups it's natural, we have to reload. But we can't really justify the natural reloading need on the line because we still have glaring holes at starting positions all over the roster.

It's a constant game of catch up, it's why the entire blow it up premise is flawed and rarely works.

Hopefully David can pull off a miracle.

I hear ya, Eric.  But, regarding your first paragrah, every team has these same concerns.  Every team worries that thier older players don't fall off a cliff.  Every team worries that thier young players don't regress or go stagnant...  It's just the name of the game.  

Defensively...  We went from giving up almost 29 points per game to giving up only 23 points per game.  And if you take out the first 4 games where we gave up 34, 41, 44, and 33 points, our defensive points per game allowed would be EVEN better.  

It may be wishfull thinking to say our D got pretty good and will be better next year, but in essence, I think it's not a pipe dream to say this.  Despite the criticism I have had with Gratz and Cyp, they still played OK.  Gratz has probably already seen the last of his starting days at CB and will be moved to Nickle packages, which I think he will do well at.  

And Cyp, while frustrating with his angles at least 2 or 3 times PER GAME this season, did play better at the end of the season.  I reserve judgement on him untill October of 2015.

I do share your concern on the D-Line though.  Our greatest strength in 2014 could become a liability in 2015 if Clemmons falls off a cliff.  But we still have Branch, who played well coming back from injury.  And Ryan Davis had some good games too for a 2nd year guy.  So while our starters on the D-Line are older (Clemmons, Bryant, Hood--though hood isn't really a starter) we still have some talent behind them that showed they can step up.  

We have a lot of holes.  But we have some pieces that make me trust in DC more than I don't.  I mean, the positives are that Caldwell has shown he will go shopping in FA (Clemons, Hood, Bryant, JT Thomas, Marks, Gerhart, Beadles).  He's also shown he's not gonna pick a punter in the 3rd round or try to find a "gem" small school player in the 1st or 2nd round.  

All his picks have contributed.  Alot of his FAs have been productive.  I'm excited to see what happens in FA and in the draft.  I've not lost confidence in him yet.

On a side note, before moving to Jacksonville in 2007, I was a dolphin fan.  The year I realized that the Dolphins were a sunk organization is when the drafted Ted Ginn Jr with the 10th overall pick.  That's when I realized the FO of the Dolphins was a train-wreck...  

Under GS there were many picks similar to that Ted Ginn moment for me.  

2 drafts into DC's regime, and there hasn't been 1 head scratching pick he's made.  Yeah, Joekell hasn't panned out yet, but it wasn't a head scratcher.  All his picks on draft day looked good.  Now it's time for Bradley to keep developing the defensive players and bring in a good OC to take the reins of the offensive players.

It's not too far fetched to have some hope.  7 wins next year is not out of the question.  8-8 with the right OC can happen.  I

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's not as much doom and gloom as you seem to think. Young players get better with experience. That's just a fact of life. You have to trust that fact and not double down at positions with young talent investments already in place. That can force you to neglect positions that don't have an investment in place.

I think our top pick will go somewhere on the D-line. I think our O-line will be solidified through experience and a couple of FA pick ups.

I think LB, especially the otto, will be addressed in FA and we could see a draft pick here too. I think FS will be addressed in FA and maybe the draft and I believe they will bring in some depth at safety.

FA RBs are too often a gamble not worth taking so I think that may be addressed in the draft. I think we will find a TE in FA and also maybe a speedster at WR.

After the 3rd round, I think the focus in drafting should be finding diamonds in the rough rather than addressing roster needs so I think most of our issues will be addressed in FA.

Be sure to get this Blue Print over to Caldwell ASAP!!!!

Quote:Be sure to get this Blue Print over to Caldwell ASAP!!!!

I am no draftsman, but I don't think it is a blueprint.

;

;

I wonder if we can get a RB like Spiller cheap this off season. He could be a good back in the right offense like Trestman's msybe.

Quote:I wonder if we can get a RB like Spiller cheap this off season. He could be a good back in the right offense like Trestman's msybe.
We already have Robinson that fills that type of role. I highly doubt another undersized back in FA.

Quote:We already have Robinson that fills that type of role. I highly doubt another undersized back in FA.

Spiller would replace Todman and take over as kick returner.

I think we should go after Larry in ARI.

Quote:Spiller would replace Todman and take over as kick returner.
We aren't paying the money Spiller is looking for to be our kick returner, especially considering Todman has been a top 10 returner the past two seasons.

Quote:We aren't paying the money Spiller is looking for to be our kick returner, especially considering Todman has been a top 10 returner the past two seasons.

Who's we?

Quote:Who's we?
The freaking broncos.

Who on earth would you think "we" would be on a jaguar message board?

I realize it's only been convention for fans to refer to their team in the first person for a few thousand years so I can understand the confusion.

Quote:The freaking broncos.

Who on earth would you think "we" would be on a jaguar message board?

I realize it's only been convention for fans to refer to their team in the first person for a few thousand years so I can understand the confusion.

There's no confusion here.

It's clear you don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:I think we should go after Larry in ARI.
this

Quote:There's no confusion here.

It's clear you don't know what you're talking about.
LOL! Sorry, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know Spiller isn't signing on to be just a kick returner for any team.

Good luck with that fantasy. Laughing

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2015, 05:38 AM by MONK.)

Quote:LOL! Sorry, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know Spiller isn't signing on to be just a kick returner for any team.

Good luck with that fantasy. Laughing

Quote:Spiller would replace Todman and take over as kick returner.

Does that read "just a kick returner" to you?

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2015, 06:41 AM by Predator.)

Quote:Does that read "just a kick returner" to you?
Considering I brought up the point that he would be the same type of back as Robinson and that would be redundant and you suggested he would be the kick returner, then yeah, according to the argument you are making we would be bringing him on for the primary purpose of being the kick returner.

I think it is pretty safe to say we (the jaguars) aren't bringing in Spiller (nor would he be interested) with his contract demands to be an option behind Robinson at RB with the primary utility to be the kick returner (which is what replacing Todman would amount to).

Quote:Considering I brought up the point that he would be the same type of back as Robinson and that would be redundant and you suggested he would be the kick returner, then yeah, according to the argument you are making we would be bringing him on for the primary purpose of being the kick returner.

I think it is pretty safe to say we (the jaguars) aren't bringing in Spiller (nor would he be interested) with his contract demands to be an option behind Robinson at RB with the primary utility to be the kick returner (which is what replacing Todman would amount to).

You have selective comprehension and you mince statements.

Quote:You have selective comprehension and you mince statements.
My statements were very straight forward.

You can't even figure out what team a fan is referring to when he says "we" on that team's message board.

I think that pretty well demonstrates the issue lies with your comprehension skills.

Quote:My statements were very straight forward.

You can't even figure out what team a fan is referring to when he says "we" on that team's message board.

I think that pretty well demonstrates the issue lies with your comprehension skills.

It's not your money, hence the emphasis on "we".

Im not going to spell everything out for you since you cannot comprehend entire sentences.

Quote:It's not your money, hence the emphasis on "we".

Im not going to spell everything out for you since you cannot comprehend entire sentences.
"We" has been a term used by fans since the beginning of the concept of a fan. It's even incorporated in the jaguar fan chant, "We are Jaguars".

I realize these advanced concepts are a little too challenging for you, so please don't try to spell anything out. I would hate for you to overload that single brain cell in your skull that already appears to be on the verge of exploding.