Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Edgar Bennet should be our OC. He's good, needs a shot.

Quote:I'm curious of how many plays a Quarterbacks coach calls and why that is considered okay experience but having coached WRs and RBs is not. Does even coaching a QB matter if there are dedicated QB coaches? Like I said I think a OCs responsibility is more than just calling plays.

Yeah there is more to the OC than just calling plays. You have to know everything. I think this is why you see a lot of QB coaches to OC moves. As a QB, you have to know everything, from what the receivers are doing, the running backs, the blocking scheme, protections, calls, etc.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bennett isn't the answer. We need someone who has already mastered the position, not someone learning on the job. The HC is doing that already, and needs someone who can lead and drive at OC autonomously. No more projects. We need an OC that's already proven at the position. I'm not saying I have the name, but that would be my preferred profile.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Yeah there is more to the OC than just calling plays. You have to know everything. I think this is why you see a lot of QB coaches to OC moves. As a QB, you have to know everything, from what the receivers are doing, the running backs, the blocking scheme, protections, calls, etc.

That's why I prefer experience at the position.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."