Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Give bradley credit.

I am not sure a great coach is able to get more out of the talent he has before him, so Fisch wasnt good hopefully the new OC will do better.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I disagree the Offense took the 1st overall pick two years in a row under GM Dave Caldwell, and if a shutdown cornerback is available (especially if they can trade down a few spots for another pick) than they should do it.

We have two developing shutdown corners. Im obviously still open to drafting more corners but not in rounds 1 or 2.

The team was 31st in INTs in the league.  The only INTs made by CBs was Ball, and Gratz lucky catch in the last game of the season on a tip.

The team was in the top 5 for sacks all season long (top 3 for awhile), and the pass rush was the best it has been in many years yet very little PDs and INTs from the CBs.

I mean they are in their 2nd year true, and Aaron Colvin is a rookie that played injured all year (he's very promising potential) but I think they could use a DB in the 1st.

Quote:It's the NFL. This off-season only 5 OC jobs are open so far.

I don't know, if you have somewhat built a name for yourself, like Trestman...it may be better to sit out a year than OC for the jaguars.  I think it's a high risk/high reward job.

Quote:I don't know, if you have somewhat built a name for yourself, like Trestman...it may be better to sit out a year than OC for the jaguars.  I think it's a high risk/high reward job.

There's still a limited amount of jobs out there, and the NFL is tough competition. There will always be some other "name" guy to compete against, as well as new "hot" young up and comers.

Quote:SEVENTY SACKS. THIS IS NOT HARD STUFF.
Thank you!  Why is this so difficult to understand.  We did not have the personnel.  The end.

Forget everything "except" for the OL. I said before the season even started that the JAGS will only go as far as the OL takes them and that turned out to be exactly true. It matters NOTHING what the Jags do with offseason aquisitions if the OL comes out next season stinlking it up like this did this past one. Forget our RB situation, (in fact that's heavy with talent)............forget how much Bortles improves...........without an OL that can protect and run block.............we're looking at a 5-11 or 6 and 10 season next year again.............at best! The good news is I believe we will get all those OL issues solved by opening day. Must to be excited about.

Bortles got David Carr'd

Quote:Bass you bring up a good point, if we could improve this O line, i wonder how much better the Offense would be right there. We have a QB with talent, and we have a good young group of WR'S, i do question the RB position ( but was that due to the poor Oline) i have a feeling that if we can improve this O line, we could see a big difference right away with this Offense 
The o-line is almost certainly the key for our offense. Nothing works unless the war is being won in the trenches. That is football 101...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2014, 07:37 PM by BasshunterX.)

Quote:The team was 31st in INTs in the league.  The only INTs made by CBs was Ball, and Gratz lucky catch in the last game of the season on a tip.

The team was in the top 5 for sacks all season long (top 3 for awhile), and the pass rush was the best it has been in many years yet very little PDs and INTs from the CBs.

I mean they are in their 2nd year true, and Aaron Colvin is a rookie that played injured all year (he's very promising potential) but I think they could use a DB in the 1st.

Interception #'s aren't of much concern to me. We can win a superbowl with the defense we had last year, We just didn't even have a breath of a chance with the offense. As such, Offense needs love in both early rounds of the draft and Free Agency. Our defense needs young Jar on the shelf players that aren't forced to start.

If we start next season with Lewis still as our #1 TE and the same O-line, Then we got issues.

Quote:Im still wondering why Fisch couldn't alter his gameplan to a vertical passing game from a horizontal one but give Bradley credit for having the stones to do what was needed. I do remember an old favorite poster of ours saying Bradley could be undone by his choices in coordinator's. I think he was right but Bradley put pride aside and could change his fate.

Marc Trestman favors downfield action and I'm sure Bortles will be thrilled to start throwing downfield again.

I think it was much more than play calling based on what he said in his presser.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2015, 12:18 AM by Jags32250.)

Quote:We have two developing shutdown corners. Im obviously still open to drafting more corners but not in rounds 1 or 2.

I love your optimism and hope you're right. Shutdown corners are rare tho so I'm not holding my breath that we struck that levelof gold twice in the latter rounds.

Quote:The o-line is almost certainly the key for our offense. Nothing works unless the war is being won in the trenches. That is football 101...
This.  The Cowboys line made Romo a MVP candidate this year.

Quote:Thank you!  Why is this so difficult to understand.  We did not have the personnel.  The end.

Not the end...  According to the Jaguars organization, we also did not have the proper OC to get the job done.  

(I must admit, it's quite delicious to throw the whole, "the organization says" thing back on those that tow the company line constantly)

Quote:Not the end...  According to the Jaguars organization, we also did not have the proper OC to get the job done.  

(I must admit, it's quite delicious to throw the whole, "the organization says" thing back on those that tow the company line constantly)

So with a different OC we suddenly would have been able to pass protect, execute, and have a successful vertical passing game? Sure bud, whatever you like to think.

Quote:Forget everything "except" for the OL. I said before the season even started that the JAGS will only go as far as the OL takes them and that turned out to be exactly true. It matters NOTHING what the Jags do with offseason aquisitions if the OL comes out next season stinlking it up like this did this past one. Forget our RB situation, (in fact that's heavy with talent)............forget how much Bortles improves...........without an OL that can protect and run block.............we're looking at a 5-11 or 6 and 10 season next year again.............at best! The good news is I believe we will get all those OL issues solved by opening day. Must to be excited about.
I think everyone knows this now but yes OL has to be addressed at ALL positions. At least competition. We need a TE that can catch the ball also. O'Leary FSU????

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2015, 10:57 AM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:So with a different OC we suddenly would have been able to pass protect, execute, and have a successful vertical passing game? Sure bud, whatever you like to think.

Straw man...  Never said that.  But I know it's really easy to make up a simplistic arguement that you can then knock down...

Just get over it. You were wrong, Fish was a problem.  And he was fired, rightfully so.  There are also other issues that were going on with the offense...  But to ignore fish was to be ignorant of football and how it works.

Again, Bradley and Caldwell agree with me on this one.  And you know, I trust those guys' and their football intelligence much more than yours.  (is that how that goes?  Again, it's so delicious! Yummy!)

[Image: wallbash.gif]

904's FINEST

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2015, 12:24 PM by Jags32250.)

Quote:Straw man... Never said that. But I know it's really easy to make up a simplistic arguement that you can then knock down...

Just get over it. You were wrong, Fish was a problem. And he was fired, rightfully so. There are also other issues that were going on with the offense... But to ignore fish was to be ignorant of football and how it works.

Again, Bradley and Caldwell agree with me on this one. And you know, I trust those guys' and their football intelligence much more than yours. (is that how that goes? Again, it's so delicious! Yummy!)
Did you even read why they let Fisch go? Hate to tell you, but it doesn't support your lame agenda.

Did you even read what my reply was to? It was regarding seventy sacks, not sure what you're arguing against me about.

Also, I'm fine with Fisch being let go, I don't know what your, I'm right, your wrong argument is all about. I just knew that the fans were wrong to blame everything on him. Having a different philosophy moving forward in regards to developing Bortles is great with me.

Let go of your assumptions, it's foolish.

There is a ton of things wrong with the offense. The key here is identifying which ones will simply be fixed with another year of development and which ones won't.

- O-line? Fixed via forthcoming FA/draft

- OC playcalling/gameplan? Cant be fixed unless firing of Fisch. Check.

- rookies screwing up? Fixed naturally with time.

- No production from TE position? Fixed via upcoming FA/draft

- lack of HB consistancy - Fixed when o-line gets fixed

Doesnt matter what the "main" issue is. Issues are Issues and all need to be addressed.

Can't wait to see whats next.