Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What should we do with Henne?
Release him if we can't get a trade
Trade him if we can get atleast a 6th rounder
Keep him
Re-sign Todd Bouman for the 7th time as our new backup if 1 and 2 come to fruition
Corn
*Todd Bouman Tractor Signal*
[Show Results]

Should we keep Henne?

Quote:FTFY
If you are going to quote me at least quote something I said rather than make [BLEEP] up

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:*pot calls kettle out for being black*

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="wrong_box" data-cid="414562" data-time="1420650473">
<div>
*pot calls kettle out for being black*

</div>
</blockquote>
are you ten or something? geez...since you can't find any argument you revert to childish play...Classy!

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2015, 01:21 PM by Oklahomie.)

Quote:are you ten or something? geez...since you can't find any argument you revert to childish play...Classy!

Know how I know you're just a troll? Responses like that.

Zero introspection.

Zero ability to admit you're in the wrong and have been behaving like a troll.

Just back to personal attacks.

So are you really a titan fan? colts? texans? Just a lost Panthers troll?

Wait, location PA. Let me guess, steelers fan still upset about the Jaguars owning them in the AFC central 15 years ago?

Quote:Know how I know you're just a troll? Responses like that.

Zero introspection.

Zero ability to admit you're in the wrong and have been behaving like a troll.

Just back to personal attacks.

So are you really a titan fan? colts? texans? Just a lost Panthers troll?
I never attacked you, you failed to have any argument so you resort to childish behavior as a last resort

Quote:I never attacked you, you failed to have any argument so you resort to childish behavior as a last resort

All you've done is strawman troll and accuse me of saying things I haven't.

Get out of here steelers troll.

Quote:All you've done is strawman troll and accuse me of saying things I haven't.

Get out of here steelers troll.
you have no argument to anything, you have not made a single post yet that even hints as an argument or rebuttle...

I think what Oklahomie is saying is with Henne we know we already have a proven loser who gives us no hope of winning a challenging game without at least a great defense to keep us in the game and a running game to eat up yardage and put us in at least field goal range.

With that capability, a mid-late round QB from college can handle calling the plays and handing off to a running back with the possibility of the drafted QB being developed into something better than Henne, who has no more upside, and who would save cap money to be spent in other areas. At $4 million this season, that's as much of a deterrent to keeping Henne as his abilities.

Regards.......................the Chiefjag

And what wrongbox is saying is who is this mystery draft pick/FA that is better than Henne???

I know what wrong_box is saying, and he's not opposed to getting rid of Henne if there is an upgrade. That's fine, nobody is disputing an upgrade is desirable. What some are suggesting is a draft pick selected by the experts on draft day could find one who will cost less and be as capable as Henne without us specifically knowing who that selection might be but we will yield to their draft knowledge to find one.

On the FA market I'd be willing to give the job to Ryan Mallet or Mark Sanchez, but if they become unavailable I would also prefer Dave and Gus find one in the draft who could develop into a better backup than Henne.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

Did you just say "experts" and "draft knowledge" ?!?! Every team every year would love to upgrade their Qb depth. Just dumping Henne for a Ryan Lindley would be dumb

I'm not sure, but I think those men in the draft room who are paid millions to evaluate college talent and have been doing so for maybe 20 years, are more of an expert and have more knowledge than me. Probably not you, but definitely more than me.

Regards.....................the Chiefjag

I agree the organization will make the right decision. But will a late round rookie be better than Henne? Who knows? Why release our second best Qb for a complete unknown prospect?

Quote:I agree the organization will make the right decision. But will a late round rookie be better than Henne? Who knows? Why release our second best Qb for a complete unknown prospect?
we should at least get his replacement on the roster and check him out before we shove Henne out the door

No

Quote:Because you and Jags02 don't seem to get the critical part, Henne is not going to win any games as the backup that any other loser wouldn't win.

Henne offers no greater contribution to winning games as a backup than an athletic young late round QB would offer.

What you and others here fail to understand is that there is no rush to get rid of Henne. As I said, exhaust every effort to find someone who can beat out Henne legitimately. With any luck this much will happen before the first Preseason game as it would be somewhat of a waste to give Chad any Preseason reps.

'02

Quote:And what wrongbox is saying is who is this mystery draft pick/FA that is better than Henne???
Quote:Did you just say "experts" and "draft knowledge" ?!?! Every team every year would love to upgrade their Qb depth. Just dumping Henne for a Ryan Lindley would be dumb

Huh?

Quote:I agree the organization will make the right decision. But will a late round rookie be better than Henne? Who knows? Why release our second best Qb for a complete unknown prospect?

Any high school WR would be a better QB than Henne.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:Any high school WR would be a better QB than Henne.
And this is what gives stupid a bad name.

Quote:And this is what gives stupid a bad name.

Apparently you haven't seen Henne play the first 2 or so games. Antwan Randle El could have gotten more first downs.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:I'm not so sure about that.

The Jags just need to bring in some "real" competition for the backup QB roster spot, of course they would have to want to come here and try out for the backup QB spot.

So far, they just haven't done that, they have just brought in young guys who were even worse then Henne, who had no chance of replacing him as the backup QB.

This is exactly right. This organization needs to wake up when it comes to developing or having quality backups.

The Chiefs just signed Terrelle Pryor to compete for the backup QB spot. He's got a lot more upside than Henne.

Who has the front office brought in to compete with Henne?

Henne is horrible. He needs to be replaced...soon.