Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A decade of misses with the first round pick

Quote:Which 1st round pick from above (because obivously it did get better prior to 2003) would you say is the best and which was the worst?

Based on what was known at the time, I'd say Leftwich and Monroe were the best picks, because they were 'steals' at the time. Leftwich was playing well and improving up until his injury. Monroe was better than the seven players picked ahead of him. Williams and Alualu were the worst. They were big, unnecessary reaches.

In hindsight, I'd say Gabbert was the worst pick. The Harvey pick was a mistake, but at least the trade value to get up to #8 was good. The Jags got to keep their 2nd round pick that year (which they unfortunately also wasted). Gabbert cost two top picks, and got JDR fired and Mularkey hired. And he was the only one who I'd consider lacked the talent to play in the NFL.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It still makes me mad when I think about why we picked Gabbert over Watt or Kerigan. 

We all know about the past. It's very childish to keep posting information as if you just discovered something we all don't know. Let's move on please.

Quote:We all know about the past. It's very childish to keep posting information as if you just discovered something we all don't know. Let's move on please.

If you don't want to talk about the jags you move on. We are fans on a forum discussing the past, now, and the future. 

The Leftwich pick wasn't an awful pick.  We still had a declining Mark Brunell and we had Freddie T.  He was actually playing well until that injury blew it all up.  Another case of the player suppose to learn and sit.  Honestly watching the thunder and lightning Football life really shows how much J Smith's drug use hurt the transition for this team.  His unexpected retirement really threw off the drafting for this team.  We really threw good picks after bad picks trying to find a replacement for him.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Is this goin' somewhere?

Personally, I'd like to forget some of those.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We traded up in the first round 3 times out of the 5 years prior to Caldwell coming. Crazy.

Quote:2003-2008 makes me want to throw up.

Our WR luck is awful.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:Our WR luck is awful.
Chasing bad picks big time.

The Khan Years

Quote:Our WR luck is awful.

It's unreal how much bad luck this franchise had.  How do you draft 4 WRs in the first round, and NONE have worked out.  Craziest thing.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:It's unreal how much bad luck this franchise had.  How do you draft 4 WRs in the first round, and NONE have worked out.  Craziest thing.
Like NONE. Our wr's love love love being criminals.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015, 03:17 PM by BlakeBortles.)

You know who I would like to see us get this year? Duke Johnson. OOOOO WWEEEEE.  That kid is fast, tough and underrated.

[Image: woot.gif]

Quote: 

You know who I would like to see us get this year? Duke Johnson. OOOOO WWEEEEE.  That kid is fast, tough and underrated.

<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);margin:0px 0px 0px -7px;">[Image: woot.gif]

</div>
duke johnson is horrible

[Image: ninja.gif]

Quote:duke johnson is horrible

Nope. 

[Image: no.gif]

That kid is a game changer.

The draft is littered with horrible Wide Receivers. It isn't just the Jaguars.

The Khan Years

This is why it's important to be patient with the current regime. 

Quote:Reggie Williams holds the record for most TDs by a Jaguars WR, what's your point?

Marcedes Lewis had that one really good season. Aside from that, he hasn't performed like one would think a 6'7 first-round tight end should. Interestingly enough, he was considered more of a pass catcher coming out of college, and ended up being a good blocker in the pros. Not bad, not great; a pretty average overall TE.

And even that season was only good relative to Marcedes normal levels of production.

By the standards of the great tight ends in the league it would have been a down year aside from the outlier TD total.

Quote:When the kneejerkers and bibbers cry incessantly about this team and want to randomly fire this guy or that guy, they never give this any thought.

That's why we shouldn't give them any thought.

Why do you try to sound like FBT? Or is this his alternate name?
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Nope. 

[Image: no.gif]

That kid is a game changer.
he chokes in big games more like it bro.

[Image: verymad.gif]

[Image: ninja.gif]

Quote:Why do you try to sound like FBT? Or is this his alternate name?
Dakota is funny