Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dave Caldwell Presser at 11 am Gus presser at 1 pm

"I think the opportunity to come to Jacksonville is very appealing. I'm really not concerned with the number of OC candidates."

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sticking with the ZBS - apparently it fits our personnel. Okay...

Cecil would say this season was disappointing. Best game was the last game.

;

;

Quote:says that the offensive position coaches go as the OC tells them.

that would explain why some positions may have seen subpar

JEDD FISCH!
Man, you ok?  You've got some serious anti-Fisch issues, lol.

David Caldwell learning while on the job.

I thought Dave was pretty candid about everything.  First year, establish the culture and get the team to buy in.  2nd year, start to identify the core players to build around.  3rd year, the core starts to mature and is augmented by a few key FA signings, and with good draft position Dave should be able to add several young players that can make an impact in 2015 / 2016 and beyond. 

IMO the realistic goal for 2015 should be playoffs.  The schedule will be easier, playing the weak NFC South instead of the NFC East and the AFC East instead of the very tough AFC Central.  We also get San Diego in Jax, so there's no west coast trip and several games are in the deep South.  We get the Bills in London, which might even be winnable.  And our division doesn't really scare me that much.  The Colts and Texans are beatable if the Jags improve.

That's the real issue.  How much improvement can we expect?  I think a lot can be done in one season.  The D line was pretty bad in 2013 and very good in 2014.  The secondary played better, with 2 young CBs emerging and the 2013 draftees getting more experience.  The LBs' specific roles are in some disarray but there's a ton of potential there, with Telvin Smith, Jerimiah George, JT Thomas, Geno, Poz, and a FA or draftee to be named later.  Whoever doesn't start will bring needed stability to Special Teams. 

We need to see similar improvements on offense, with the maturing of young players and the addition of veteran stability and playmaking ability.  If that happens, the Jags will be in a lot of games, and with Gus's positive culture the wins could pile up.

Quote:I think Gus is too nice with the media. If the media were questioning me on whether I was competitive, I wouldn't sit there and laugh through my answer. Let's just say there would be an edge to my answer. They think they can walk over him, and apparently they're right.

Be nice until its time to not be nice. No reason for him to be upset or treat the interview with an attitude.

Quote:Be nice until its time to not be nice. No reason for him to be upset or treat the interview with an attitude.
Yeah, I don't want Gus to suddenly turn into Dennis Green.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmQbk5h86w

Quote:Sticking with the ZBS - apparently it fits our personnel. Okay...

This outlines a big problem I have with Caldwell, he's constantly building to fit a scheme rather then looking to build a team and let the coaches create a scheme around the team. It's a backwards way of putting a roster together.

I dunno I'm just not sold on Caldwell. I hope I'm wrong.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:This outlines a big problem I have with Caldwell, he's constantly building to fit a scheme rather then looking to build a team and let the coaches create a scheme around the team. It's a backwards way of putting a roster together.

I dunno I'm just not sold on Caldwell. I hope I'm wrong.

The Steelers built a dynasty drafting players based on their scheme. The Seahawks are doing the same thing.

There's not one way to win in the NFL...its all about the execution of whatever plan you have in place. Whatever your philosophy is, if you take the wrong players, it won't matter...

Quote:The Steelers built a dynasty drafting players based on their scheme. The Seahawks are doing the same thing.

There's not one way to win in the NFL...its all about the execution of whatever plan you have in place. Whatever your philosophy is, if you take the wrong players, it won't matter...
Agreed!

Quote:I think Gus is too nice with the media. If the media were questioning me on whether I was competitive, I wouldn't sit there and laugh through my answer. Let's just say there would be an edge to my answer. They think they can walk over him, and apparently they're right.

Maybe he should bang the table.

Quote:I wouldn't say he is pleased with the product on the field. I think he is pleased by the play of his draft picks.

I can agree with that...I just hope the change at OC can bring the improvement this team needs.