Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dave Caldwell Presser at 11 am Gus presser at 1 pm

Quote:A lot of fans like to call for Bradley's head, but after watching this presser it really helps you understand how hard of a job Gus has had.  I think he has done a hell of a job for what he has been asked to do.

He took over one of the worst rosters in the leagues history, a tough task for any head coach.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Asked about Poz and Lewis, praises Poz. Does not say much about Lewis.

how dare he.  we need to tear down Poz every chance we get cause he deserves to be ridiculed.

Tight end and linebacker thin in the draft.

Receiver and offensive line are stronger.

Read into that what you will.

;

;

2015 is not a make or break year

;

;

Quote:2015 is not a make or break year

For who? The coaching staff?

Quote:2015 is not a make or break year

ive said it before.  this team is 2-3 years away from being close to .500

Quote:For who? The coaching staff?

for nobody.  I think they're going to just ignore everybody and do what they want.  I can respect that.  I wont be happy with Fisch again, but I can respect that.

Quote:http://www.jaguars.com/live/

Just for those interested.

If you can watch and highlight what is said post in this thread.
Interesting

He said he didnt feel that the team has a #1 WR yet but that most teams dont...

He said Poz has been incredible but then towards the end said so has M. Lewis

He felt that they are on course with no setbacks, and they asked him what about the fact that it hasnt result in wins with only 7 in 2 years, and he said that the team was close against a few playoff teams this season so

while he hasnt resulted in the win column the team has improved.

He felt he put the coaches at a disservice by having so many rookies start this year.

Quote:for nobody.  I think they're going to just ignore everybody and do what they want.  I can respect that.  I wont be happy with Fisch again, but I can respect that.

Dave didnt sound like he would be happy with fisch again either

Quote:For who? The coaching staff?

More Dave and Gus.

But also stresses that Khan will want to see results if they spend his money in free agency.

;

;

Did Dave tip his hand there a bit or did he fall for a leading question?

Q: Would you like to have Tyson back?

A: Yes, I would.

Then he added "again, need to talk to coaches" but that he sat down with Tyson and told Tyson he'd like to be able to bring him back. Didn't mention anything of Tyson's Player option so perhaps Dave wants a longer renegotiated deal with Tyson.

Quote:for nobody.  I think they're going to just ignore everybody and do what they want.  I can respect that.  I wont be happy with Fisch again, but I can respect that.
Disagree.... We go 3-13 again and you can respect that process?

This team has talent that needs to be developed and if they do indeed bring in some free agents, 3-13 is unacceptable and Gus would then need to go.

Quote: 

He felt he put the coaches at a disservice by having so many rookies start this year.

Hindsight is invariably 20/20 but I personally liked that he owned up and openly accepted that on his own shoulders.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

This team is not close and Caldwell does not offer any hope.  Paraphrase "This team really sucks right now and we knew they would."

It sounds like at this point everyone is in the boat and it's either going to turn around in miracuous proportions or go down like the Titanic.

Just from reading into this press conference.

I expect the team to have one big free agent signing. Maybe a tight end or linebacker.

They will sign at least one veteran receiver. Possibly right tackle too.

Shorts will not be back. Alualu and Poz will be. Lewis is up in the air. 

They will not draft a running back early.

And as expected, not much change on the coaching staff.

;

;

Quote:Disagree.... We go 3-13 again and you can respect that process?

This team has talent that needs to be developed and if they do indeed bring in some free agents, 3-13 is unacceptable and Gus would then need to go.

I'm just not understanding the ignorant patience with the team right now.  You go 3-13 after going 4-12 and you brought in some Free Agents last year.  You basically have a respectable defense, the Special Teams regressed pathetically and the offense remained stagnant the entire year and Caldwell is pleased.  I don't get it.

Wallbash

Quote:Interesting

He said he didnt feel that the team has a #1 WR yet but that most teams dont...

He said Poz has been incredible but then towards the end said so has M. Lewis

He felt that they are on course with no setbacks, and they asked him what about the fact that it hasnt result in wins with only 7 in 2 years, and he said that the team was close against a few playoff teams this season so

while he hasnt resulted in the win column the team has improved.

Kinda makes me wonder if Blackmon dont come back if he takes a look at Cooper

Quote:Just from reading into this press conference.

I expect the team to have one big free agent signing. Maybe a tight end or linebacker.

They will sign at least one veteran receiver. Possibly right tackle too.

Shorts will not be back. Alualu and Poz will be. Lewis is up in the air. 

They will not draft a running back early.

And as expected, not much change on the coaching staff.
To me that spells about 5 wins next year.

Quote:ive said it before.  this team is 2-3 years away from being close to .500

well that's unacceptable any way you look at it.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I would also add that he seems to believe the team had chances to win certain games and couldn't. That is on the coaching staff and obviously has to change next year.

He had 4-7 wins as possible this year and the team failed to reach that. What is his expectation next year? 6 to 9 wins?

;

;