Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dave Caldwell Presser at 11 am Gus presser at 1 pm

Quote:WRs needed a veteran out there this year

Ouch yea CS3 probably gone.

Randall Cobb.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Just from reading into this press conference.

I expect the team to have one big free agent signing. Maybe a tight end or linebacker.

They will sign at least one veteran receiver. Possibly right tackle too.

Shorts will not be back. Alualu and Poz will be. Lewis is up in the air. 

They will not draft a running back early.

And as expected, not much change on the coaching staff.
I agree, I think we get our Sam, RT, and TE in free agency

I agree on Shorts and Lewis will not be back and Alu and Poz will

On drafting a RB, I think that can just be Dave not tipping his hand in the draft where other teams wont know what Dave is looking at in the draft

Quote:I'm just not understanding the ignorant patience with the team right now.  You go 3-13 after going 4-12 and you brought in some Free Agents last year.  You basically have a respectable defense, the Special Teams regressed pathetically and the offense remained stagnant the entire year and Caldwell is pleased.  I don't get it.

Wallbash
He did not sound pleased with the offense and made mention of them not improving

Quote:Disagree.... We go 3-13 again and you can respect that process?

This team has talent that needs to be developed and if they do indeed bring in some free agents, 3-13 is unacceptable and Gus would then need to go.

I said I wouldn't be happy but I respect them not listening to outsiders and doing what they feel is right.  I agree we need better offensive coaches to develop our players.

Quote:I'm just not understanding the ignorant patience with the team right now.  You go 3-13 after going 4-12 and you brought in some Free Agents last year.  You basically have a respectable defense, the Special Teams regressed pathetically and the offense remained stagnant the entire year and Caldwell is pleased.  I don't get it.

Wallbash

I wouldn't say he is pleased with the product on the field. I think he is pleased by the play of his draft picks.

;

;

Quote:"Won more games over the past 2 years than expected"

I guess you can say we (Jags) are overachievers.  :woot:
What a lie.  They need to be honest with us.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:He did not sound pleased with the offense and made mention of them not improving

Specifically in the second half of games. He mentioned having halftime lead against playoff teams. 

;

;

Quote:What a lie.  They need to be honest with us.

What is the lie? What was his exact quote?

;

;

Quote:I agree, I think we get our Sam, RT, and TE in free agency

I agree on Shorts and Lewis will not be back and Alu and Poz will

On drafting a RB, I think that can just be Dave not tipping his hand in the draft where other teams wont know what Dave is looking at in the draft

This, if Tevin Coleman/Todd Gurley/Melvin Gordon III is avaiable when we're selecting in the 2nd round, I have to believe Dave would pull the trigger.

Quote:Specifically in the second half of games. He mentioned having halftime lead against playoff teams. 
Those tough questions he ask gus about should be, we have an opportunity with a lot of OC available this year with more exp then Fisch maybe we should change it up.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2014, 12:54 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:This, if Tevin Coleman/Todd Gurley/Melvin Gordon III is avaiable when we're selecting in the 2nd round, I have to believe Dave would pull the trigger.
depending on who is still on the board not Sure about 2nd, but 3rd yes. I think Gurley with his injury or Coleman one could fall to the 3rd

Wallbash
What should Caldwell have done differently? 

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2014, 12:56 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:What should Caldwell have done differently?
brought in more veterans on the offense, which is no different from this year. We need a good veteran TE and RT

Quote:depending on who is still on the board not Sure about 2nd, but 3rd yes. I think Gurley with his injury or Coleman one could fall to the 3rd

I don't see any of those players falling to the thrid round, could be wrong.

Quote:brought in more veterans on the offense

Which he openly admitted...so where again is the lie?

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:I don't see any of those players falling to the thrid round, could be wrong.

I agree. 2nd round running backs are all the rage these days (Bell Hyde Lacy Gio)

Quote:What is the lie? What was his exact quote?
"Won more games over the last 2 years than expected"

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Which he openly admitted...so where again is the lie?
I didn't say it's a lie, he asked what Caldwell should of done differently

Quote:I agree. 2nd round running backs are all the rage these days (Bell Hyde Lacy Gio)
He does not see running back as a need most likely will pick up one later in the draft

Quote:I agree. 2nd round running backs are all the rage these days (Bell Hyde Lacy Gio)

Jeremy Hill too, I believe Coleman, Gurley, MGIII are better prospects as well.