Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who Will Have More Tackles In 2015
Poz
Telvin Smith
[Show Results]

Who will have more tackles in 2015 Telvin or Poz ?

All of this Telvin Smith weight talk has me thinking of a crucial observation:

Out of 104 tackles I saw only 7 or 8 where his size was really an issue. 

While he will undoubtedly put on a few more pounds, I think his speed is his greatest asset, and I don't want to see him compromise that by adding too much weight. 

Regardless -  NFL players tend to get bigger and stronger during their first few years, so I'm not concerned in the slightest about Telvin. 

To the topic - I think they'll both have a big number of tackles and could care less who ends up with the most as long as they keep making them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I feel if Telvin had started in week 1 he might have been considered for the ProBowl this year!

Quote:Telvin is averaging almost 20 tackles per game

Well someone has to make a tackle or two when the defense is on the field for 35-40 minutes a game. I'd love to see his numbers drop because the offense is sucking up more time. 

Quote:I feel if Telvin had started in week 1 he might have been considered for the ProBowl this year!

He does play in Jacksonville, so leading the NFL in Tackles, Sack and INT's he might make it as a 2nd alternate and he'd still have a negative PFF grade 

Poz won't even be with the team.

Quote:He does play in Jacksonville, so leading the NFL in Tackles, Sack and INT's he might make it as a 2nd alternate and he'd still have a negative PFF grade 
I sense biterness like watching your favorite team go thru yet another rebuilding year...

Haven't read the thread so it may have been derailed but it's very likely to be Telvin. First of all he's more likely to stay healthy for the year. Second of all, Telvin now is an every-down linebacker (literally, he played 100% of defensive snaps the last three weeks) and if Posluszny is back I think they'll reduce his playing time to more of a 2-down role, maybe 70% or so. 

Quote:Telvin is averaging almost 20 tackles per game

Let's not exaggerate. His high was 16 tackles in the last game, with 15 the week before
, and in only one other game did he reach double digits. That's an incredible two-game run, but still only about 3/4 of 20 per game even if you limit it to his two best games.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/pl...itTe01.htm

Still, to put that in perspective, Luke Kuechly led the NFL in tackles, and his single game high was also 16, his second best at 14. So Telvin's two best games of tackling were better than those of the NFL's leading tackler this past season. Not bad for an 'undersized' rookie.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Telvin admitted to Lageman that he finished the season weighing around 205
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>