Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bears are cleaning house; who would they replace Cutler with?

It looks like they are cleaning house.  Their big goal this off season is to find a trading partner for Cutler.  If that's the case, who would they replace him with?

Their drafting position is at #7.  I don't dont see how Winston and maybe Mariota to fall to them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jags are the only team in the top 3 that 100% won't be looking for a QB. Unfortunately, both QBs will most likely be gone.

But if one isn't, I'd start working the phones.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Have the Bears said they want to trade Cutler?

If they do want to trade him, you can forget about the first round. He is not worth that much. I would seek a second or third round pick for him if I was the Bears.

The second round starts like this: Titans Buccaneers Raiders Jaguars. In the third round, it goes back to Buccaneers Titans Jaguars Raiders.

They'd have to find someone to take on that contract. A release is a more likely scenario, and depending on who they land to coach the Bears, they might end up keeping him.

What about the Titans? They need a veteran backup for Zach Mettenberger whose name is not Charlie Whitehurst. The Bears can get them to trade down by offering just that. Then Cutler would go back to Nashville (he went to Vanderbilt). Of course I don't want this to happen, but if I was the Titans, I would consider it.

^ As a Jaguars fan, I'd love it if the Titans gave up picks for Cutler and installed him as Mettenberger's backup rather than drafting Mariota.

Yeah! Or what about the Bills? He could play for them too!

Or maybe the Raiders! Why not!

Quote:^ As a Jaguars fan, I'd love it if the Titans gave up picks for Cutler and installed him as Mettenberger's backup rather than drafting Mariota.

You don't think the Buccaneers will pick Mariota?

Hey what if Cutler went to the Dolphins?? He could back up Tannehill!

Quote:You don't think the Buccaneers will pick Mariota?
In all honesty, I hope they do. It'll encourage the Titans to draft Crab Legs.

Quote:In all honesty, I hope they do. It'll encourage the Titans to draft Crab Legs.

Actually the Titans may not want to draft a quarterback.

Maybe the titans will draft Winston AND trade for Cutler!

Quote:Maybe the titans will draft Winston AND trade for Cutler!

And play the wildcat for 16games! Big Grin

Little known fact: Jay Cutler was a WR in Junior High! He might be able to catch on as a TE/H-back !