Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who Deserves the Golden Turd?
Cyprien
Joeckle
Sanders
Gratz
[Show Results]

What second year player gets the Golden Turd award?

Quote:4 people didn't vote for Joekel. I'm assuming Boselli and Lageman are on this board and account for 2 votes .... wonder who the other 2 voters are? Are Joekel's mom and dad on this board?
I actually voted Cyp. I'm optimistic Luke will turn it around.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well it's only fitting that the board match the play on the field.

Oooh..... snap
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Ace.  And it's not even close.

Should have allowed for multiple votes.

If that trophy doesn't exist, it should.

Quote:I've watched Joeckel for about 7 games now. He lacks intensity. But whatever, go Jags. Their players are clearly the best. That's why we are so good.

<div> 
</div>

Seems I was early to this party....and got flamed accordingly.

Ask JJ Watt who should get the award... Joekle Banana

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:This award goes to the young guys who were suppose to come back this year and really improve.

The Nominees are:

1. Jonathan Cyprien:  Wow this guy misses way too many tackles.  There are atleast 1 or two plays per game that are allowed because he either whiffs on the tackle or a defender just runs through him.

2. Joeckle the Joke:  This guy has been an epic disappointment. Abused all year and beat like Ray Rices wife.  I feel bad for blake because his blindside is little more than a speed bump in the way.

3. Ace "smoke base" Sanders:  Invisible on the offensive side and didn't do anything as a returner.  Ugh

4. "Burnt Toast" Gratz.  Constantly behind his man and getting beat. 

[Image: Golden-Turd-Award.jpg]

That was a tough one.  My first instinct was to select the WR Ace Sanders for his drug abuse and then lack of performance upon his return.  He was actually a problem for the team with botched returns / fumbles.  He failed to do anything worth wild as a WR losing out to even undrafted rookies.  In fact all 3 rookie WRs were very productive in his absence and after his return. 

That being said having a 1st round LT at such a high pick and having him fail at RT and being injured all year only to have him fail at his main position at LT was sad.  I watched a scrub Sam Young do a better job against JJ Watt at RT by himself than I saw the famous LT whom was beaten several times with an easy swim move.

I know JJ Watt is the best DE in the NFL and a candidate MVP but we've seen Luke Jockel mess up against weaker DEs as well.

The whole offensive line has been horrible this year so for that reason I suggest LT Luke.

Quote:I actually voted Cyp. I'm optimistic Luke will turn it around.
Really?  I am the oppostie in oppinion I feel Jonathan Cyprien is the best on the list and has the most potential of improving out of the lot.

Bubble gum bandit at least got a pick six at the end of the season that was impressive (even though he was simply in the right spot at the right time his yards / td after the INT was decent) still he was always chasing after the WR made the catch very little PDs and that was his only INT this year.

The CB play keeps getting praise but I feel is the worst in the NFL.  Sure Aaron Colvin looked great and has potential being back from his injury, and at time McCray does a good job on coverage... but Gratz has made tons of mistakes this season.  He did put a nice hit for the fumble a few games ago though.

Ole Joeckel.

Highest pick. Most crucial position.

I'm sure he will win the bullfighting award in the off season when he heads to Mexico and Spain though.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:This award goes to the young guys who were suppose to come back this year and really improve.

The Nominees are:

1. Jonathan Cyprien:  Wow this guy misses way too many tackles.  There are atleast 1 or two plays per game that are allowed because he either whiffs on the tackle or a defender just runs through him.

2. Joeckle the Joke:  This guy has been an epic disappointment. Abused all year and beat like Ray Rices wife.  I feel bad for blake because his blindside is little more than a speed bump in the way.

3. Ace "smoke base" Sanders:  Invisible on the offensive side and didn't do anything as a returner.  Ugh

Johnny Football Manziel made this award after a night of too many Goldschläger's when asked about how he had performed this year.

Quote:Ask JJ Watt who should get the award... Joekle Banana
I dont think JJ would say that he probably loves Luke and wants him to stay in Jacksonville for a long, long, long time...

Insert JJ Watt doing the Manziel money grab.

Quote:I dont think JJ would say that he probably loves Luke and wants him to stay in Jacksonville for a long, long, long time...

Insert JJ Watt doing the Manziel money grab.
Stop drinking!

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

As disappointing as Joeckel has been, I feel that Sanders gets the 'award'. He had a decent rookie year and he left us with high hopes. Maybe we didn't utilize him the best, but Sanders should have shown more on his punt 'returns'. Concerning Joeckel and the others, they weren't as good as Ace to start with.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

To be honest, Id say you could make a case for all of them....

I myself voted Gratz because he disappointed me the most.

Gratz was impressive in year 1 covering top guys in the NFL (Ball is missed)... man was I wrong here?

Cyprien and Joeckle still give me hope and im not ready to right them off quite yet

Sanders was a train wreck on the Punt Return game but not at all close to the impact the others made

Far and away I based it on personal expectations and did not see play like that from Gratz in the immediate future I was really excited for him....

Maybe the results should say something like:

Gratz, Joeckle, Cyprien - All tied for 1st

Sanders - Honorable Mention

What a great debate.... I don't think anybody can be wrong here

I went with sanders

at least joke-le gets in the way once in awhile (even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while)

Quote:He enters this off season with the opportunity to get stronger. That wasn't the case last year as he spent it rehabbing that injury. I think Joeckel is still an incomplete grade because of the injury his rookie year. Maybe he improves. Maybe he doesn't. Time will tell. He has the athletic ability. He now has a full season at the position. Next year he needs to be better.

Interestingly, Eugene Monroe had a similar trajectory to his career, and many of the same folks ripping Joeckel were doing the same thing with Monroe right up to the point he was traded. Then he suddenly became the second coming of Boselli and a major personnel blunder for Caldwell.

Point is, Monroe was never as bad as these "experts" portrayed him to be, and he did indeed improve in year 3 and 4 of his career. Hopefully the same is true for Joeckel.

I'm no doctor, so I'm asking this honestly:  Is rehabbing a broken ankle prohibitive from getting stronger in the rest of your body?

I think we all hope LJ works on his craft in the offseason.  His issues are not just strength, he had alot of mental errors that either point to his lack of heart or his lack of football IQ...  

Let's just say he's got a lot of work to do...

Joeckel.

I understand coming off injury but he was abused way too much to justify the draft position. He looks lost anytime the defense stunts and seems to have a problem with trying to double the inside guy and not taking on the outside rusher.

Ive seen multiple plays where he ends up blocking no one or just whiffing and getting Blake blasted.

The Nominees are:

2. Joeckle the Joke:  This guy has been an epic disappointment. Abused all year and beat like Ray Rices wife. 
I feel bad for blake because his blindside is little more than a speed bump in the way.

Thats in rather bad taste, but I admit I did laugh a little. Not completely accurate either, but Joekle definitely 'earned' my vote, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the golden turd award didn't spin right past Joeckle and sack Bortles near the podium. He has been a huge disappointment.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Well we know who gets the message board golden turd.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.