Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2014 Predictions: Pats on the back and Kicks in the backside

Football fans on message boards make predictions on what will happen over the course of a season.

That's what we do.

Whether we do them well or not is another matter.

I offer a small number of predictions I made for 2014...right and wrong.  I'd be interested in seeing some of yours.

Pat on the back:  I predicted the Jaguars would start slowly.

Kick in the Backside
:  I predicted the Jaguars would get much better over the course of the second half of the season and be viewed as a team clearly on the rise.

Pat on the back:  I predicted Manziel would be a disaster and wanted no part of him on the Jaguars.

Kick in the backside
:  I predicted Jadeveon Clowney would have a monster first year playing opposite Watt, and that the Texans had a good draft class-especially the first three picks.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Football fans on message boards make predictions on what will happen over the course of a season.

That's what we do.

Whether we do them well or not is another matter.

I offer a small number of predictions I made for 2014...right and wrong.  I'd be interested in seeing some of yours.

Pat on the back:  I predicted the Jaguars would start slowly.

Kick in the Backside
:  I predicted the Jaguars would get much better over the course of the second half of the season and be viewed as a team clearly on the rise.

Pat on the back:  I predicted Manziel would be a disaster and wanted no part of him on the Jaguars.

Kick in the backside
:  I predicted Jadeveon Clowney would have a monster first year playing opposite Watt, and that the Texans had a good draft class-especially the first three picks.

I think the most significant things I said/predicted were that the Jaguars wouldn't finish significantly better than in 2013, Henne = Gabbert, and anyone that thought the team would compete for the playoffs was unrealistic.

I was more than right about those three things, which is a shame. I was hoping the optimistic homers would be the ones that were right.

PAT ON THE BACK:

Posted by <a class="bbc_url" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/user/21855-david4499/' title="">David4499</a> on 25 April 2014 - 07:30 AM in <a class="bbc_url" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/forum/6-the-jaguars/' title="">The Jaguars</a>

<div>

"I predict 3 wins. 4 if we get hot. Our O-line is in shambles. We don't have a starting QB. We lost our veteran Center, RB and LB, and we have to rely on CSIII for firepower.... OMG this is going to be a long season."

KICK IN THE BACKSIDE:

Posted by <a class="" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/user/21855-david4499/' title=""><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);"><span>David4499</span></a></span> on 24 July 2014 - 07:08 AM in The Jaguars

<div>
"Plan "C"   -    Reposition the tarps over the field and just fill the stadium on Sunday to watch other games."

</div>
</div>
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Back-Pats  -

I wanted the team to sign E. Sanders when he visited and took heat for it here. 

I said Allen Robinson would probably be our best receiver by the end of the season. 

I said Henne would stink so bad they'd have to start Bortles by week 6. 

I had faith in Denard becoming a playmaker all along. 

I speculated FS would remain an issue. 

(non jag related) I said Brandin Cooks was going to be a productive pro.

Rear Kicks -  

I said we'd win 6 or 7 games. 

I thought  Cyprien would take a solid step forward and make an obvious impact.  

Ditto that for Gratz ^

I predicted the defense would rank in the 16-20 range. (26th in yds per game allowed)

I expected to Joeckel to be better despite coming off the injury.

pats-

Thought Robinson would be top WR of our team.

Knew D line would wreak havoc with FA additions.

Always support taking value in injured players taken rounds behind where they should be.

Was already calling for Denard to start over MJD last year.

Wanted Bortles to sit.

kicks-

Assumed 5-8 wins

Thought Lee would be a disastrous pick

Thought Laroy Reynolds would be solid starter

Assumed Cyp would take his strong finish from year 1 and have a good year.

Still rooting for the jags Big Grin or is that a pat? I can't even tell at this point.

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I remember reading Prisco's predictions at the beginning of the year thinking he was crazy. Who would have known he gave us one more win than we actually got.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete...-plays-out