Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why did Andre Branch play over Chris Smith yesterday?

Probably not a big deal but just curious.

Branch has been out most of the second half of the year. Smith is a rookie who has been seeing some playing time the last few weeks.

In an otherwise meaningless game, wouldn't it make sense to play the young guy?

Another curious coaching decision.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't see it being all that curious. I think it's more obvious. Branch was on the bubble not too long ago of being cut. He's still going to have to prove himself again this off-season. And with Clemons and Bryant not getting any younger. You'd like to see your former 2nd round pick develop and produce over your recently drafted 5th RD pick who will more than likely be here next year anyways.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Don't hurt your back reaching so hard Shack.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014, 12:52 PM by Treestone Ice.)

Branch looked awful. I'm sure there was some rust, but he's just too lanky and plays with zero leverage. Unless they stunt him, he gets stonewalled by pretty much anyone out there. Guy bends the corner as well as my grandma.

I thought Chris Smith had been playing well too.

Quote:Branch looked awful. I'm sure there was some rust, but he's just too lanky and plays with zero leverage. Unless they stunt him, he gets stonewalled by pretty much anyone out there. Guy bends the corner as well as my grandma.

Branch is awful.

Please tell me someone else saw the play where he tried to juke the tackle to get to the QB. The RT just grabbed him by the pads and tossed him out of the play.

I actually had to laugh. Andre Branch and Marcedes Lewis are similarly lanky and awkward when they run. I hope both are gone.

As much as they rotate these guys in and out of the lineup during a game, who cares?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Please tell me someone else saw the play where he tried to juke the tackle to get to the QB. The RT just grabbed him by the pads and tossed him out of the play.

I actually had to laugh. Andre Branch and Marcedes Lewis are similarly lanky and awkward when they run. I hope both are gone.
Yeah, but the sad part is that branch has had the better hands this season on the deep ball he picked off against detroit lmao.  Maybe we should move him to TE and he'll do b

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:Don't hurt your back reaching so hard Shack.

Maybe because third year players, especially ones who missed half of their third season, need reps too.

What is up with all the morons who think players should be fully developed before they even play 3 full seasons?

I know it is hard for some of you pea brains to wrap your little minds around this concept, but there actually is a reason why players in their 4th seasons and beyond get the big pay days, and it's not because teams can find equivalent skill level from a second or third year player.