Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sen'Derrick Marks has a torn ACL

Hi Leonard Williams

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This all but solidifies us getting that DT from USC. I guess I can avoid reading 500 mock drafts from now until April.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

A situation when BAP meets biggest area of need?

With second pick the Tennessee Titans select Leonard Williams, defensive tackle USC.

Quote:With second pick the Tennessee Titans select Leonard Williams, defensive tackle USC.

Then signs with the Skins in 4 years for a max contract and disappears into oblivion?

Quote:With second pick the Tennessee Titans select Leonard Williams, defensive tackle USC.
I was thinking this too, but if they do that one of the 2 QBs drops and someone might be willing to trade up.

Oh no, stop me please. I am already speculating of draft day trades on it is still December.   Sad Why must our off season always be sooooo long!

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Well it sounds like its just the ACL and no other ligament damage so that should help the recovery. If anyone can come back fully from this injury its Marks.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I will punch a hooker if this happens

Quote:Well it sounds like its just the ACL and no other ligament damage so that should help the recovery. If anyone can come back fully from this injury its Marks.

I think even if Marks returns, he won't be his dominant self next year.  It sucks because we were really getting somewhere with him rushing the passer.

Oh well.  Speedy recovery to Marks.  Typical for the Jags.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014, 12:14 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:I think even if Marks returns, he won't be his dominant self next year. It sucks because we were really getting somewhere with him rushing the passer.

Oh well. Speedy recovery to Marks. Typical for the Jags.
Why not? Marks is still young. Maclin suffered the same injury last year and was the best WR on his team this year. Aaron Colvin tore his ACL at the senior bowl and was arguably our best CB this year.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Why not? Marks is still young. Maclin suffered the same injury last year and was the best WR on his team this year. Aaron Colvin tore his ACL at the senior bowl and was arguably our best CB this year.

Right. It's not the death knell it used to be for players.

I doubt he'll be ready to go early next season, but he'll continue to be a great player in the future.

Quote:Why not? Marks is still young. Maclin suffered the same injury last year and was the best WR on his team this year. Aaron Colvin tore his ACL at the senior bowl and was arguably our best CB this year.

Geno Adkins plays the same position as Marks and has been significantly worse since returning from his injury.  I think a lot of it depends on position.

Sure, hopefully he returns as good as he was this year, but it's still a significant injury and it definitely won't help.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Being a Jaguar fan summed up in one GIF

[Image: tumblr_mjl1j3JTRz1rfo0t9o1_400.gif]

Damn, you folks really feeling bad about yourselves. Does Mark's  injury make your knee hurt? My guess would be you could have offered him another 600k to sit out and he would have turned it down. Players play.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Why Us..SMH......

I hate that Marks tore his ACL, but some of you are acting like the sky is falling. He will be ready for the regular season in September easily.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014, 12:29 PM by Solid Snake.)

Can't see him playing until late November. Typical recovery is 9 months but he may not get full strength in the knee until much later.

rehab =! Full recovery

ugh.....

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:I hate that Marks tore his ACL, but some of you are acting like the sky is falling. He will be ready for the regular season in September easily.

I dunno about the start of the season but October would be a realistic goal. If its earlier, chalk it up as an added bonus.

Quote:I hate that Marks tore his ACL, but some of you are acting like the sky is falling. He will be ready for the regular season in September easily.

You know Colvin tore his acl a half month later and you expect marks to be rdy by September?
"Get Better Everyday"