Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sen'Derrick Marks has a torn ACL

Quote:I think I posted this on this board. I saw him at Publix a month or so ago. He had a brace on but did not seem to have any sort of noticeable limp or anything. It looked like he was moving around better than I would have expected.

What kinda food he buy?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Miami gave Suh a $25.5M signing bonus, i.e. a check for that amount.

Julius got a $6M check as a signing bonus. He'll get a base salary of $9M for this year.

Odrick got 0 signing bonus. He did get a $5M roster bonus and a base salary of $4M

Pernell got 0 signing bonus. He did get a $5M roster bonus and base salary of $4M

House got 0 signing bonus, but got a $2M roster bonus and a base salary of $4.5M

Basically, the only actual check Khan had to fork up for are the $18M combined signing bonus + roster bonus. That's roughly $6M less than what the Dolphins dumped into Suh in one day (even if you include Skuta's $2M roster bonus).

For six projected starters?

This was smart money by the Jaguars.

We can go in-depth at the actual guaranteed amounts (and in that case the Jaguars may end up higher in spending as you go through the actual contract details), but I think from an owner's perspective regardless how deep your pockets are...there's still a difference in issuing a $26M check as opposed to $6M then the check for the roster bonus at a later day.
SUH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all those players combined.

Sure Miami overpaid but Suh is a once in a generation talent.  The upsetting thing is the Jags have more than enough cap room and should of made a run at him.  Pay him most upfront while we have a ton of room left.  The Jags still are close to the top of cap money left.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:SUH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all those players combined.

I have to disagree here.

Suh is greater than any of those players. But combined all of those players should do more for the team than 1 man can do along the D line.

I'd say Watt is more impactful than Suh, and so you'd have a better argument there, but would still fall short of being correct.

If every FA is a starter, and playing average or better, it's a better deal than signing one Suh.

My unrealistic, ever-changing scenarios >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whatever the Jags actually do

Quote:What kinda food he buy?

lol, I saw him go for some orange juice

;

;

Quote:SUH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all those players combined.

Sure Miami overpaid but Suh is a once in a generation talent.  The upsetting thing is the Jags have more than enough cap room and should of made a run at him.  Pay him most upfront while we have a ton of room left.  The Jags still are close to the top of cap money left.

Upsetting.....

;

;

Quote:I have to disagree here.

Suh is greater than any of those players. But combined all of those players should do more for the team than 1 man can do along the D line.

I'd say Watt is more impactful than Suh, and so you'd have a better argument there, but would still fall short of being correct.

If every FA is a starter, and playing average or better, it's a better deal than signing one Suh.

Odrick may or may not be an upgrade over Bryant. He's younger for sure, but that position is not a critical spot in the Jags defense. There's no need to find a expensive long term solution at a position that could easily be filled cheaply year to year with Bryant level players.

Assuming McCray and Colvin are definite starters, House may or may not be better than Gratz. Ball was also quite good here and was available for pocket change. House has a longer shelf life than Ball, but for 2015 I don't think it's an upgrade.

Pernell was a need and hopefully will be better than Pasztor was last year. Along with House he only has a small history as a fill-in. Bradfield looked pretty good based on just his 2013 play (Pasztor too for that matter), so this could be a case where a guy can play well for a stretch but fade once opposing teams figure out his weaknesses. Hopefully not, but you never know. And it's not like Pasztor is hopeless. He was injured last year and could bounce back and be better than Pernell.

We had a need at TE, and Thomas fills it. But there's no reason that the Jags couldn't sign both Suh and Thomas. Suh is the best DT in the NFL, and it's not even close. He could play any of the four DL spots and be a huge upgrade. Hopefully Marks comes back 100%, but there's no reason he and Suh couldn't both line up at the same time.

There is a reasonable argument against putting all of your eggs in one basket. It would have been risky paying that much for one player, even if he's the best. OTOH, Suh has been very durable so far in his career. I think it would have been worth the risk, especially since he plays the same positions as Odrick, who wasn't cheap.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote: 

Assuming McCray and Colvin are definite starters, House may or may not be better than Gratz. Ball was also quite good here and was available for pocket change. House has a longer shelf life than Ball, but for 2015 I don't think it's an upgrade.

Go home

;

;

Quote:Go home

Thank you for your deeply insightful input.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Thank you for your deeply insightful input.

I thought it was.

Huh