Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bye Bye Net Neutrality

So, after the dust settled... the internet and all its users actually didn't die after going back to the same way things were up to 2015.

Bravo, sensationalists. You've done it again.

Lesson in there.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-08-2018, 12:49 PM)pirkster Wrote: So, after the dust settled... the internet and all its users actually didn't die after going back to the same way things were up to 2015.

Bravo, sensationalists.  You've done it again.

Lesson in there.

Cuz Russian collusion! Duh!

(03-08-2018, 12:49 PM)pirkster Wrote: So, after the dust settled... the internet and all its users actually didn't die after going back to the same way things were up to 2015.

Lesson in there.

Assuming it doesn't get overturned by congress, the repeal doesn't even go into effect until 4/23.  Rolleyes

Also I dont think anywhere it was said the exact second it's repealed the isps would roll out their their bull [BLEEP], it is always about incrementalism.

(03-08-2018, 02:58 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote:

Lesson in there.

Assuming it doesn't get overturned by congress, the repeal doesn't even go into effect until 4/23.  Rolleyes

Also I dont think anywhere it was said the exact second it's repealed the isps would roll out their their bull [BLEEP], it is always about incrementalism.

...which is A-ok when it comes to gun control.  Gotcha.

If it weren't for deception and misrepresentation of the truth, the radical left wouldn't have a platform at all.

(03-08-2018, 03:30 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 02:58 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote: Assuming it doesn't get overturned by congress, the repeal doesn't even go into effect until 4/23.  Rolleyes

...which is A-ok when it comes to gun control.  Gotcha.

If it weren't for deception and misrepresentation of the truth, the radical left wouldn't have a platform at all.

I think you've confused me for someone else...but either way please find where I ever said it was...I'll wait. 

While I'm waiting, this is the problem with the two party cults, you're indoctrinated into what you're supposed to like and dislike.  You've been told that net neutrality is bad, so since I've showed I'm for it I must be "on the other team" and foaming out the mouth for gun control.  

Save that false left/right [BLEEP] for someone who is obedient by it.

(03-08-2018, 04:15 PM)My Desired Display Name Wrote:
(03-08-2018, 03:30 PM)pirkster Wrote: ...which is A-ok when it comes to gun control.  Gotcha.

I think you've confused me for someone else...but either way please find where I ever said it was...I'll wait. 

While I'm waiting, this is the problem with the two party cults, you're indoctrinated into what you're supposed to like and dislike.  You've been told that net neutrality is bad, so since I've showed I'm for it I must be "on the other team" and foaming out the mouth for gun control.  

Save that false left/right [BLEEP] for someone who is obedient by it.

My apologies if your response reads like straight out of their playbook.

A actually agree with your cult politics statement.  One side got so bad, the other formed their own to combat it.  So here we are.  Or rather... they, I don't associate with either as my opinions are my own.

Mods, someone said something i disagree with. Please lock this thread.

(03-12-2018, 12:07 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Mods, someone said something i disagree with. Please lock this thread.

I think one of them sat on the thread fob wrong and inadvertently pushed the lock button. Did anyone hear a *boop boop* sound?

(03-12-2018, 05:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 12:07 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Mods, someone said something i disagree with. Please lock this thread.

I think one of them sat on the thread fob wrong and inadvertently pushed the lock button. Did anyone hear a *boop boop* sound?

Dealt with this before, and I think we all know who it is doing it.

(03-12-2018, 08:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 05:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I think one of them sat on the thread fob wrong and inadvertently pushed the lock button. Did anyone hear a *boop boop* sound?

Dealt with this before, and I think we all know who it is doing it.
Are you really this bent out of shape about someone locking a thread?

EVERYONE MUST SEE MY POSTS! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

(03-12-2018, 08:38 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 08:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Dealt with this before, and I think we all know who it is doing it.
Are you really this bent out of shape about someone locking a thread?

Just not a big fan of shutting down free speech when disagreements take place.

I stopped posting in this forum because someone deleted a thread in which I was posting. We were discussing the affects of religious groups on party politics. No one was discussing the details of a religion or demeaning a group in any way. When I asked why the thread was deleted, that thread was deleted. I can't post on a place that doesn't have an adequate standard for civil discussion. Understand demographics is important to understanding political talking points. I still check from time to time, but I'm only breaking my boycott because this conversation is pertinant to my issue with the moderator that deleted my post.

(03-12-2018, 08:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 08:38 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Are you really this bent out of shape about someone locking a thread?

Just not a big fan of shutting down free speech when disagreements take place.
So that means you should post in 5 different threads about locking that thread?

If you have a problem, message a moderator or post something in the user feedback thread. And this site has nothing to do with free speech. The mods can delete anything they want.

(03-12-2018, 09:07 AM)Last42min Wrote: I stopped posting in this forum because someone deleted a thread in which I was posting. We were discussing the affects of religious groups on party politics. No one was discussing the details of a religion or demeaning a group in any way. When I asked why the thread was deleted, that thread was deleted. I can't post on a place that doesn't have an adequate standard for civil discussion. Understand demographics is important to understanding political talking points. I still check from time to time, but I'm only breaking my boycott because this conversation is pertinant to my issue with the moderator that deleted my post.

How is it pertinent? And if you have been here since 2008 with only like 150 posts, seems like you stopped posting before the political section even existed 2 years ago.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2018, 06:38 PM by Lucky2Last.)

It's not pertinent to the thread, but it was to the post before hand.

You can search someone's post history, you know. Before jumping to a conclusion about when and where I posted, you should look it up. I have preferred to post in the political forum as opposed to others. I rarely post in the Jags forum. I am not one to belabor a point or try to win an argument on the internet, so I don't post often. I am more interested in political discussions than football discussions because I find them more meaningful.

What's that got to do with my complaint? I want to know who deleted my post and on what grounds. Someone brought it up in this thread and I piggy-backed off of it. I asked the question in it's own thread and it was deleted. What would you have me do? I have abstained from posting in this forum for the last few months because someone seems to be abusing their power or, at the very least, has overly sensitive standards. It's weird that you would assume that I am lying, especially since you've contributed to half of my reputation points.

It's cool, though. Think what you want. I'll just go back to browsing the forum.

(03-12-2018, 06:33 PM)Last42min Wrote: It's not pertinent to the thread, but it was to the post before hand.

You can search someone's post history, you know. Before jumping to a conclusion about when and where I posted, you should look it up. I have preferred to post in the political forum as opposed to others. I rarely post in the Jags forum. I am not one to belabor a point or try to win an argument on the internet, so I don't post often. I am more interested in political discussions than football discussions because I find them more meaningful.

What's that got to do with my complaint? I want to know who deleted my post and on what grounds. Someone brought it up in this thread and I piggy-backed off of it. I asked the question in it's own thread and it was deleted. What would you have me do? I have abstained from posting in this forum for the last few months because someone seems to be abusing their power or, at the very least, has overly sensitive standards. It's weird that you would assume that I am lying, especially since you've contributed to half of my reputation points.

It's cool, though. Think what you want. I'll just go back to browsing the forum.

Religion is and always has been a banned topic. There is some overlap allowed but very minimal, if the whole thread was mainly about religion, even in the context of politics, that is why it was deleted. I wouldn't piggyback on stroudcrowd, you have no idea what you might catch Tongue

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(03-12-2018, 09:07 AM)Last42min Wrote: I stopped posting in this forum because someone deleted a thread in which I was posting. We were discussing the affects of religious groups on party politics. No one was discussing the details of a religion or demeaning a group in any way. When I asked why the thread was deleted, that thread was deleted. I can't post on a place that doesn't have an adequate standard for civil discussion. Understand demographics is important to understanding political talking points. I still check from time to time, but I'm only breaking my boycott because this conversation is pertinant to my issue with the moderator that deleted my post.

"We weren't discussing religion, we were just discussing religion's impact on politics."

Stellar argument there. I hope you're not a lawyer because if you were you could defend an innocent man all the way to death row.

This is a political forum. Recognizing how religious demographics affect party platforms is certainly important to understanding the politics of the United States. The Christian Coalition is a political group. CAIR is a political group. When religion enters the realm of politics, you could and should discuss the impacts, provided you are not invalidating a particular group's political beliefs based on their religion. The opposite is also true. If politics enters the realm of religion, you could and should discuss why this is happening, without using your own religious preferences as a catalyst to undermine others. There were no claims made for or against any religion. No one discussed any religious beliefs. Saying religion is the same as religious demographics is akin to claiming that nature is the same as global warming.

"We weren't discussing religion, we were just discussing how religious demographic voting blocks shape politics."

"We weren't discussing education, we were discussing the impact of AR15 restrictions would affect school shootings."

"We weren't discussing nature, we were discussing the effectiveness of the Paris Agreement on global warming."

These are all the same type of argument. If nature or education were sensitive subjects, you would completely stifle political discussion by equating the former with the latter in each instance above. If you can't make that distinction, that's on you. I guess post count takes precedent over nuance when it comes to selecting moderators.

I've said my piece. I still don't know who deleted my posts and the follow up thread. I'll just assume it was you, which is comforting. I should let everyone go back to talking past one another with regards to net neutrality.