Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cyprien has played well lately

This is Reggie Nelson all over again.  Let's give him time before we trade away/write off another solid player.  Players develop at different rates.  Cyp has the athleticism, I think he just needs some time.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He can't keep his feet under him when he tackles so he whiffs a lot

Quote:I think people underestimate just how important a FS is to our scheme. It's never supposed to be Cyp's job to cover the deep third but he's been placed there due to a deficiency in talent on Evans' part. While I agree he hasn't made the plays we hoped, he's been a leader and routinely ranks among our top tacklers.

Once again, I advise patience to those of you who are so eager to judge acquisitions after less than three years of experience. If rebuilding this way were easy everyone would do it. It's not easy but it will get results next season.
Yes blame Evans because Cyprien is struggling.  Seems to be the common thing to do around here. 

You can judge Evans, but people can't judge Cyprien?

Cyprien misses key tackles every game that allows big plays.  He is not a great tackler.  He missed huge tackles all year

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Yes blame Evans because Cyprien is struggling.  Seems to be the common thing to do around here. 

Evans gets targeted a lot because he's just not a FS. He's much better suited a SS but is forced to play FS due to lack of options.

Quote:Yes blame Evans because Cyprien is struggling.  Seems to be the common thing to do around here. 

Exactly, it's the free safety fault he can't tackle and sucks. This is what people do around here is push blame and make excuses and call them "reasons".

I have a different problem than most regarding Cyprien. The common thought is that he takes bad angles to the ball, and while that may or may not be true, my biggest issue with him is I see him leave his feet too often as he wraps the ball carrier.

Think of how many times he has his arms around a players waist, while his lower half is swinging around and he ultimately falls off the tackle. Just watching from memory, I think most of his missed tackles look like that.

I actually think when he stays grounded he is a pretty solid and reliable tackler.

Quote:I have a different problem than most regarding Cyprien. The common thought is that he takes bad angles to the ball, and while that may or may not be true, my biggest issue with him is I see him leave his feet too often as he wraps the ball carrier.

Think of how many times he has his arms around a players waist, while his lower half is swinging around and he ultimately falls off the tackle. Just watching from memory, I think most of his missed tackles look like that.

I actually think when he stays grounded he is a pretty solid and reliable tackler.

Agree. When he has momentum he is decent, when the other guy has the mo he can't tackle.

Quote:Agree. When he has momentum he is decent, when the other guy has the mo he can't tackle.

I didn't think of it that way but you are right.

I'm thinking better tackling technique can be taught.

'02