Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell

Quote:Did any defense respect Gabbert or any receiver on the team? Or were defenses free to load up against the run all that season? Like I said, "I thought, it was obvious Jennings looked worse than he was due to Gabbert, o-line, and receivers."

That's not the greatest argument. Air Bud the golden retriever is a better football player than Gabbert.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Did any defense respect Gabbert or any receiver on the team? Or were defenses free to load up against the run all that season? Like I said, "I thought, it was obvious Jennings looked worse than he was due to Gabbert, o-line, and receivers."
He would look like Toby behind this line unfortunately. I have to say Oakland letting him go for MJD was by far a way worse move.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:D. Smith was the best of a bad bunch and getting hurt in a contract year hurt him. Jennings underachieved here and RBs are easy to replace anyway.

Jennings cemented his fate due to injuries and sub-par play. But let's not sugar coat the D.Smith move as if it was a no brainer that we had to cut him lose. We didn't. Daryl wanted to come back and didn't even get a big contract offer to go to the Ravens. It was just a bad move and decision by Caldwell.

Keep in mind that Daryl would have been the best LB on this team even with a healthy Poz (better than Poz against the run and especially against the pass). In fact, I'd guess Daryl would be behind Marks and maybe Red as our best defensive player had we kept him.

Daryl has been an iron man up until his groin injury that ended his career in Jacksonville. He tore his groin...not ACL.

Speaking of which, Dave certainly had no qualms giving 32 year old Chris Clemons all of that guaranteed money despite coming off a sub-par season and ACL injury. So even the whole "well Daryl got hurt on his contract year" wasn't a valid reason to not bring him back.

It still is Dave's worst move to this date, IMO. Well, maybe just behind the Luke selection given how much more punishing screwing up a top 2 pick is if Joke doesn't step it up big time next season.