Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Will The Jags Fire anyone tomorrow
Bradley is out
Fisch gets the boot
Babich is sacked
Bradley Fisch and Babich gone
Fish and Babich Gone
Ice Cream Party! Everyone stays with Khan, Caldwell, and Bradley giving each other epic high fives
[Show Results]

Black Monday. Will the Jaguars improve?

Jeremy, he definitely should get 1 more year.  And people have given plenty to back up why we should keep him.  The defense has played exceptionally well especially considering how bad our offense has been.  We were 0-10 I believe on 3rd down conversions which is insane and STILL had a chance to win the game.  If we can get better on the offensive line we can improve dramatically.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

CSO, I don't disagree with that.  We just aren't aggressive enough on offense.  Fisch has some plays every now and again that make you go "okay, I like what he is doing", but then we just revert back to really conservative play calling which I'm not a fan of.

Quote:If Fisch would call some plays down field, maybe they wouldn't BLITZ every play.  Did you see the Texans today?  I wonder what the stat was for how many times they blitzed.  They weren't afraid to go one on one with our receivers.  No respect.
Re-read the statement you quoted and try to at least make some sense with your reply next time please.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Jeremy, he definitely should get 1 more year.  And people have given plenty to back up why we should keep him.  The defense has played exceptionally well especially considering how bad our offense has been.  We were 0-10 I believe on 3rd down conversions which is insane and STILL had a chance to win the game.  If we can get better on the offensive line we can improve dramatically.

The defense getting better has almost nothing to do with Gus.

When you open up the checkbook and sign veterans that know how to play, your defense will improve (when all you had on the roster was scrubs)...

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I think 8-8 would be the threshold he must reach to keep his job a 4th season. If it's all about a process and improving (which we haven't) the first 2 seasons then the 3rd season must be about wins. Period.

Mr. Khan is not a patient man. He abruptly fired 3 coaches of his soccer team within one year, fired Gene Smith after one season, fired Mularkey after one season. I think Gus is definitely on the clock.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

Quote:.... Look at the Cowboys this year. Why are they so good? Their o line is dominant.

They also kept hiring and firing OC's once Garret became the head coach untill they found one that ran a good scheme...  Having a dominant O-Line will help us, but we won't be a playoff team with the type of offense Fish tries to run.  In my opinion.

My dad told me all season long gus neds to be fired at end of this year espailley if they didn't at least match last years win total of 4-12. They didn't. Now he doesn't think he will get fired this year,but after going 0-4 next season he will. My dad is already predicting Jags to lose thier first four games.  

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

8-8 tick tick tick tick tick tick...................................................................................

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:My dad told me all season long gus neds to be fired at end of this year espailley if they didn't at least match last years win total of 4-12. They didn't. Now he doesn't think he will get fired this year,but after going 0-4 next season he will. My dad is already predicting Jags to lose thier first four games.  

Yikes, the end of this season isn't even cold yet and we have papa wolfie predicting a bad start to next year, even though we have no idea what the offense will look like by then.

Go 4 wide.  And I mean Wide!  Not 4 within the hashmarks...  Spread out the field and see how much easier it would be to find open recievers and even yes, take shots down the field.

Bunching all our recievers within 5 yards of the tackles adds trash all over the middle of the field and makes it much easier to disguise rushing schemes.  It also makes it MUCH harder for the QB to recognize single coverages and where to throw his hot reads.

This is all stuff that falls on Fish.  The guy just never figured out how to be an NFL OC.  He had 2 years, and we've seen nothing but his east coast offensive style that just doesn't work.

STC is done.. 5 blocked kicks in ONE season is entirely too much. OL coach is gone too.

Fisch- I'm on the fence about.

Babich/Sullivan/LB Coach/DB Coach are safe.

Regardless of anything that happens nothing short of .500 record is acceptable. That's a tall order even if we have a miraculous offseason.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I have not seen much of anything from Fisch that makes me want him to stay but at the same time I dont really think he will get the boot.

Quote:I have not seen much of anything from Fisch that makes me want him to stay but at the same time I dont really think he will get the boot.

That's pretty much how I see it.  Who knows, maybe when we see some of the other NFL teams dumping coaches, we might find 1 or 2 worth us cutting bait on our OC...  But to be honest, though I would like to see a coaching change, I'm not expecting it.

Quote:The defense getting better has almost nothing to do with Gus.

When you open up the checkbook and sign veterans that know how to play, your defense will improve (when all you had on the roster was scrubs)...
We've opened the checkbook before on defense and got nothing. 

And the improvement on defense this year is remarkable.  If our offense could just stay on the field, we'd have a lot less points against.  The sack total alone is eye-popping, and you better believe Gus has something to do with it.

For starting a raw rookie QB with a bad o-line, 3-13 and being at least competitive down the stretch was all we could hope for.  Yeah, I think he earned another year.

Quote: Yikes, the end of this season isn't even cold yet and we have papa wolfie predicting a bad start to next year, even though we have no idea what the offense will look like by then.

Quote: Yikes, the end of this season isn't even cold yet and we have papa wolfie predicting a bad start to next year, even though we have no idea what the offense will look like by then.
accuttly its papa bear,my dad is a Bear not Chicago Bear,but like the wild animal bear. I'm the only wolf in the familey. :thumbsup:

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:accuttly its papa bear,my dad is a Bear not Chicago Bear,but like the wild animal bear. I'm the only wolf in the familey. :thumbsup:

Oh, I didn't realize your dad was a Bear. My bad.

Quote:Oh, I didn't realize your dad was a Bear. My bad.

I've heard bears are popular down at the Blue Oyster Bar...  

Quote:I've heard bears are popular down at the Blue Oyster Bar...  

Gulp

Nice Police Academy throwback. This team needs serious new year's resolutions.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.