Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Will The Jags Fire anyone tomorrow
Bradley is out
Fisch gets the boot
Babich is sacked
Bradley Fisch and Babich gone
Fish and Babich Gone
Ice Cream Party! Everyone stays with Khan, Caldwell, and Bradley giving each other epic high fives
[Show Results]

Black Monday. Will the Jaguars improve?

I think we may get a surprise tomorrow.

The 'stache is no dummy.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think we may get a surprise tomorrow.

The 'stache is no dummy.

You're bound to be disappointed if that's what you believe precisely because Khan isn't a dummy.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:You're bound to be disappointed if that's what you believe precisely because Khan isn't a dummy.
Having the 32nd ranked offense for the last two seasons, and 27th ranked defense in points allowed is somehow acceptable to you?

I know everyone wants to see Mallory get axed, but it is my understanding that he is a very well respected special teams coach. I don't think he is going anywhere.  

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:i would keep the coaching staff for one more year, for consistency reasons.  
We are consistent losers.  Enough of that

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

The only coordinator in danger of losing his job is Mallory.

Even if he goes, there will be cake and ice cream. You don't cancel a party over a special teams coordinator.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I know everyone wants to see Mallory get axed, but it is my understanding that he is a very well respected special teams coach. I don't think he is going anywhere.  
He better fix the blocking. It's hard to believe, but many of our games were won or lost depending on the ST and how it performed.

Quote:I think 8-8 would be the threshold he must reach to keep his job a 4th season. If it's all about a process and improving (which we haven't) the first 2 seasons then the 3rd season must be about wins. Period.

Mr. Khan is not a patient man. He abruptly fired 3 coaches of his soccer team within one year, fired Gene Smith after one season, fired Mularkey after one season. I think Gus is definitely on the clock.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

I think 7-9 keeps him around, but i agree, 6-10 or worse will not bode well for Gus.

― Albert Camus

Quote:Having the 32nd ranked offense for the last two seasons, and 27th ranked defense in points allowed is somehow acceptable to you?
Where did I say anything was acceptable to me?

What's acceptable to me is irrelevant. I'm not the one making the decisions or stroking the checks. I'm not deluded as some of you are to think my opinion carries any weight. I simply stated fact. Khan isn't firing anyone much to the chagrin of the armchair NFL wannabe executives on this board.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:He better fix the blocking. It's hard to believe, but many of our games were won or lost depending on the ST and how it performed.

I agree. The special teams this year stunk, I just don't think Mallory is going anywhere.  I agree that things need to get better, particularly blocking.

― Albert Camus

Quote:I think we may get a surprise tomorrow.

The 'stache is no dummy.
I don't think we'll get any surprises.  I would think that Khan wouldn't settle for less than mediocre, but for some reason I think he's going to be patient with this process.  We've seen him sack managers quickly with the Fulham EPL team, but that's an entirely different animal.  No relegation in the NFL.  He can keep these clowns around another year and it's not going to cost him anything more than what he's committed to contractually.  We'll see.  I have had with these guys as much as the next guy, but I'm not holding my breath for change anytime soon.

Fisch absolutely needs to go, but the only one in danger is probably the STC, and honestly I could see him sticking around too.

Fisch has 4 plays in his playbook.  Short screen pass, run up the middle, and the other two are trick plays. PLEASE get rid of him.

DUUUUVVVVAAAAALLLLLL!

Quote:Fisch has 4 plays in his playbook.  Short screen pass, run up the middle, and the other two are trick plays. PLEASE get rid of him.[/size]

This is pure hyperbole typical of the jags message board. Fisch also has the 3 yard out (best used on 3rd and 9) and the stretch run (reserved predominantly for Gerhart).

I just saw that Mike Smith is probably going to be fired tomorrow.  Do you guys think Dirk Koetter would be an improvement over Fisch should he find his way back to Jax?  Greg Roman is apparently a free man tomorrow as well.

Quote:Where did I say anything was acceptable to me?

What's acceptable to me is irrelevant. I'm not the one making the decisions or stroking the checks. I'm not deluded as some of you are to think my opinion carries any weight. I simply stated fact. Khan isn't firing anyone much to the chagrin of the armchair NFL wannabe executives on this board.

Just curious, how do you know this as fact?

Quote:I just saw that Mike Smith is probably going to be fired tomorrow. Do you guys think Dirk Koetter would be an improvement over Fisch should he find his way back to Jax? Greg Roman is apparently a free man tomorrow as well.

I didn't really care for cutter. Bring in Roman, an OC whose name is impossible to misspell is an obvious up grade!

Quote:I think the apologist are ready to dump Mallory, but far less are willing to part with Fisch. 
Stop knee-jerking!  Fisch has his hands tied...

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

I am not convinced that this coaching staff knows how to, well......coach.

The word "improvement" was stuffed down our throats all year, but slap me silly, I didn't see any.

Quote:I didn't really care for cutter. Bring in Roman, an OC whose name is impossible to misspell is an obvious up grade!
Koetter and Roman are definate upgrades over Fisch.  Koetter could not work with Gabbert because he was complete trash.  I'm pretty sure Koetter wouldn't mind grooming Bortles.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]