Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Will The Jags Fire anyone tomorrow
Bradley is out
Fisch gets the boot
Babich is sacked
Bradley Fisch and Babich gone
Fish and Babich Gone
Ice Cream Party! Everyone stays with Khan, Caldwell, and Bradley giving each other epic high fives
[Show Results]

Black Monday. Will the Jaguars improve?

Quote:Koetter and Roman are definate upgrades over Fisch.  Koetter could not work with Gabbert because he was complete trash.  I'm pretty sure Koetter wouldn't mind grooming Bortles.

I agree.  I would take either one without reservation.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes, they will improve. Will they improve enough to start winning more games, like maybe at least go 6-10 in 2015? They better, or someone may be looking for a new job...4-12 (or worse) ain't gonna cut it and 5-11 will leave someone's job in doubt I suspect.

No, I don't think the jags will make the play off's next season. There just isn't enough evidence to support such a prediction given this teams records over the last couple of seasons. I think Dave is doing a fair job as a GM, but he hasn't hit a 'home run' yet either with any of his drafts or f/a acquisitions. We still have too many people on our team who are legitimate backups but not starters who are out there starting. At the end of this season, we're still seeing some rookies continue to play like rookies. JO said that "losing is understandable but not acceptable." Starting next season, it won't even be understandable, and a head coach's job may be on the line. 

I have been one for patience these first couple of seasons; but the 'rookie rational' won't be quite so easy to buy into next season. It'll be 'put up or shut up' time. Anything less than 6-10 and I think an argument can be made that we're heading down the wrong road with Gus... 

I sure hope Dave can get us some serious help for our o-line.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

We Believe in....victory?

Quote:We Believe in....victory?
I got blasted for this last week, but that crap is soo annoying.  Did you hear the reporter today talking about Gus giving praise to the team for the effort today, and blah blah blah?  He needs to light a fire under their buts, and speak to them like he speaks to the refs.  Everyone could read his lips, lol, it was pretty funny.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Yes, they will improve. Will they improve enough to start winning more games, like maybe at least go 6-10 in 2015? They better, or someone may be looking for a new job...4-12 (or worse) ain't gonna cut it and 5-11 will leave someone's job in doubt I suspect.

No, I don't think the jags will make the play off's next season. There just isn't enough evidence to support such a prediction given this teams records over the last couple of seasons. I think Dave is doing a fair job as a GM, but he hasn't hit a 'home run' yet either with any of his drafts or f/a acquisitions. We still have too many people on our team who are legitimate backups but not starters who are out there starting. At the end of this season, we're still seeing some rookies continue to play like rookies. JO said that "losing is understandable but not acceptable." Starting next season, it won't even be understandable, and a head coach's job may be on the line. 

I have been one for patience these first couple of seasons; but the 'rookie rational' won't be quite so easy to buy into next season. It'll be 'put up or shut up' time. Anything less than 6-10 and I think an argument can be made that we're heading down the wrong road with Gus... 

I sure hope Dave can get us some serious help for our o-line.

I agree. If undrafted players or street free-agents are starting next season out of necessity...we are in trouble. We've been fed the line of how they wanted to build through the draft first and then supplement with free-agents. This season will give us three drafts. Its time to load this team with real solid starting caliber players.

Quote:Just curious, how do you know this as fact?

Khan doesn't hire or fire coaches. The moment he does, this franchise is toast.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

My issue with Mallory is that we were told that the backend of the roster, ST guys, was the focus last offseason. To have 5+ blocked kicks in one season, is unacceptable, especially if that was our offseason focus...

there are a lot of things about this team that are unacceptable.  After a full season of influence from this coaching staff we still have Defensive backs blitzing our offense leaving receivers uncovered off the line of scrimmage not being recognized or exploited by our offense.  We still have protections drawn up that INTENTIONALLY have a RB trying to block a hall of fame DE and give up a safety against a three man rush on max protection.  There's nothing about this offense or this special teams that makes me think that "Darn...  this coaching staff is giving us an edge this week"

Allen hurns started rocking defensive backs to sleep and getting on top of defenders, lets stop doing that. 

forget the trick formation, marquise lee runs by an off corner for a TD, let's throw that play out. 

It's all about the 2 yard out route.  That's going to take us to the superbowl. 

Quote:You're bound to be disappointed if that's what you believe precisely because Khan isn't a dummy
Right because the personal has really shown to be improving this team.  I swear you live on another planet.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Why change anything?  We are obviously on the right track.  You can see the improvement on the 27th ranked defense and the 32nd ranked offense.  

Quote:Why change anything?  We are obviously on the right track.  You can see the improvement on the 27th ranked defense and the 32nd ranked offense.

Be careful about using stats to prove your point around here. They don't take too kindly to that around these parts.

If there's one silver lining to this season, its that next year Gus has no more excuses. Either develop the talent, or get lost.

I hate to say it, but I think the problem starts with him. Dude is in over his head.

Quote:If there's one silver lining to this season, its that next year Gus has no more excuses. Either develop the talent, or get lost.

I hate to say it, but I think the problem starts with him. Dude is in over his head.

The games got more watchable this year but I can't help but think the above is true.

I have not seen one thing that would lead us to believe Bradley has what it takes to develop the young talent on this roster.

Quote:If there's one silver lining to this season, its that next year Gus has no more excuses. Either develop the talent, or get lost.

There's no excuse for either Gus OR Dave. Win or get fired.

Quote:The games got more watchable this year but I can't help but think the above is true.

I have not seen one thing that would lead us to believe Bradley has what it takes to develop the young talent on this roster.

My main concern with Gus is in-game. The development stuff...that's why you have assistants. But Gus' in-game adjustments and decisions have been questionable. He was 2 and 8 (IIRC is what they said during the telecast) on challenges...and quite frankly, most of those challenges were just god awful. Add in the clock mismanagements, questionable decisions to go for it on 4th downs and 2pt conversions and it really does make you wonder if he has what it takes....

Quote:My main concern with Gus is in-game. The development stuff...that's why you have assistants. But Gus' in-game adjustments and decisions have been questionable. He was 2 and 8 (IIRC is what they said during the telecast) on challenges...and quite frankly, most of those challenges were just god awful. Add in the clock mismanagements, questionable decisions to go for it on 4th downs and 2pt conversions and it really does make you wonder if he has what it takes....

Preaching to the choir.

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...s-bradley/

Quote:My issue with Mallory is that we were told that the backend of the roster, ST guys, was the focus last offseason. To have 5+ blocked kicks in one season, is unacceptable, especially if that was our offseason focus...

No excuse for an NFL team to have special teams this bad. Pitiful performance this year. And pitiful if their boss keeps his job.

Fisch and Mallory have done nothing worthy of retaining their jobs. The only reason Fisch may keep his job is so Bortles can have consistency

I cannot believe people want dirk lemme run on 1st n 2nd then throw a checkdown: screen to the rb on 3rd n long back

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014, 05:03 AM by ukjag34.)

I think people are going to be dissapointed

mallory will probably point to youth. Special teams got better last year but this year we lost prosinski mccray on the coverage team replacing them with rookies like telvin smith. Of them all he should get fired but i reckon he will stay.

Fisch has never had a chance to really open up the offense. Some odd play calls and protection schemes are also on bortles and bowanko to adjust the protection when things change on the field especially when running the hurry up.

both having a full season in the offense will help but i think bowanko might get replaced with Rodney Hudson from kc. kc are up against the cap and need to resign Houston for big money. Hudson has played well the last two years and will be looking for a pay day kc may not be able to manage. He would need to adjust to a zbs but i think he is mobile enough to do it pretty easily. He has the right blend of youth and experience at 25 to be bortles centre for many years whilst still being able to make calls straight away and take some of the pressure off bortles. 

Fisch is tied to bortles and i think they will want to give him some consistency in a new system not to mention fisch has never really been able to open up the play book. I think it's his last year but i think he gets it. 

I'd fire babich, if you have to take playcalling away from your defensive co-ordinator it's clear he's not on the same page as you. That being said the development of telvin smith and jt thomas is good to see and with babich being a linebackers guy and us likely drafting another one this season he probably will stay.

Me I'd fire babich and mallory. Odds on all 3 coords get kept and either stay on if we go 8-8 or get fired with bradley in 2015