Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Will The Jags Fire anyone tomorrow
Bradley is out
Fisch gets the boot
Babich is sacked
Bradley Fisch and Babich gone
Fish and Babich Gone
Ice Cream Party! Everyone stays with Khan, Caldwell, and Bradley giving each other epic high fives
[Show Results]

Black Monday. Will the Jaguars improve?

Gus in the locker room

[Image: rocky.jpg]

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm pretty sure Koetter wouldn't mind grooming Bortles.

But the Jags organization would probably mind bringing a guy back after his last tenure ended with a season long nap. I wouldn't get your hopes up on a Koetter return; he left on pretty bad terms.

Now if Ron Rivera gets canned for whatever reason, or if he decides to ditch Shula as OC, I would love to bring Shula back as QB coach. I don't care how much Carolina fans hate him for his OC'ing, after watching that man sculpt 2007 David Garrard out of 2006 "Singlehandedly Throw The Team Out Of The Playoffs" Garrard, I'm convinced he walks on water. Not as a slight to Scelfo, who I'm not exactly upset with (especially after wikipedia'ing him and seeing that old Jacksonville "pre-season is he a major steal" discussion subject Lester Ricard listed as one of his success stories from his college coaching career. How can you be upset with a guy who has Lester Ricard as an accomplishment?), I've just never gotten over the wonder of how Shula did what he did with Garrard.

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Quote:Tomorrow is the day that Coaches and assistants get their walking papers.  Will the Jags make a play?  7 wins in 2 years is not screaming progress to me.
If this team was the Pittsburg Steelers I would say yes, but the Jaguar fans are used to losing.  I expect epic high fives, besides the team is void of talent at the player position so what good will coaching do?

If the GM Dave Caldwell did fire Gus Bradley one would hope that he keeps Babich as I dont feel that he did a horrible job with the talent that he had, but I would hope that Dave hires Jim Harbaugh from the 49ers, or Mike Shanahan a trusted proven veteran HC.

I expect Gus Bradley to have some sort of banquet where everyone gets their participation medals.  Noone will get fired.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

• Best of the worst - Oline especailly DT Marks , runner up Clemons
  • Worst of the worst - LT Luke Joekel , runner up FS Josh Evans
  • Worst coach - ST Mallory did have a few good trick plays that were successful though
  • Best coach - DL Todd Wash - best DL Coach in Jags history
  • Best rookie - Tie WR Allen Hurns, OLB Telvin Smith (nomintated rookie of the weeks)
  • Best game - comeback win against the Giants
  • Most improved from last year - RB Shoelace Robinson
  • Player most likely to leave Jacksonville & be successful -  HB Jordan Todman
  • Best running back this season - QB Blake Bortles

The organization has set a Tuesday deadline... for a choice of vanilla or chocolate ice cream.

Quote:But the Jags organization would probably mind bringing a guy back after his last tenure ended with a season long nap. I wouldn't get your hopes up on a Koetter return; he left on pretty bad terms.

Now if Ron Rivera gets canned for whatever reason, or if he decides to ditch Shula as OC, I would love to bring Shula back as QB coach. I don't care how much Carolina fans hate him for his OC'ing, after watching that man sculpt 2007 David Garrard out of 2006 "Singlehandedly Throw The Team Out Of The Playoffs" Garrard, I'm convinced he walks on water. Not as a slight to Scelfo, who I'm not exactly upset with (especially after wikipedia'ing him and seeing that old Jacksonville "pre-season is he a major steal" discussion subject Lester Ricard listed as one of his success stories from his college coaching career. How can you be upset with a guy who has Lester Ricard as an accomplishment?), I've just never gotten over the wonder of how Shula did what he did with Garrard.

Different owner, GM, and Coach.

Quote:But the Jags organization would probably mind bringing a guy back after his last tenure ended with a season long nap. I wouldn't get your hopes up on a Koetter return; he left on pretty bad terms.

The last time a Falcons offensive coordinator had a performance that bad to end the season, Shad Khan hired him as head coach

Quote:Different owner, GM, and Coach.

Different GM and Coach. Not necessarily owner. Khan was brought in during Koetter's "sulking around the stadium" year. In fact, looking back on that situation in hindsight, Khan's buying of the team is probably the reason for Koetter's sulking and mailing it in in 2011. All the coaches were on one year contracts and Koetter's attempts to get out and secure a longer term contract by interviewing for a lateral position with the Rams (I think. Might have been the Broncos. Pretty sure it was the Rams.) was blocked by the team. Weaver sold the team to Khan during that 2011 season and reports were that the two were working out a deal for a couple of months. JDR was fired either the same day or next day after the sale was announced, if I remember correctly. Put 2 and 2 together, and it would seem that all the coaches were retained from 2010 - 2011 on those one year contracts specifically so that Wayne could sell the team to Khan, then let Khan clear house, and not need to worry about paying 2 different coaching staffs (all of JDR's assistants contracts were up at the end of the year so Khan had a completely blank slate to hire whoever he wanted in his first season.).

I'm sure Khan is aware of how much effort Koetter didn't put in in 2011. On the off chance he doesn't, I'm sure other members of the organization will remind him. It was pretty common knowledge that Koetter mailed that season in. Even the radio guys were talking about how happy Koetter was for the season to end so he could get out of Jacksonville. I don't think Khan would be thrilled with bringing Koetter back in, and I'm not sure Koetter would be thrilled with coming back to the Jags organization after he felt so wronged by it.

Maybe I'm totally wrong and Koetter does come back, but, I think the split was too rough, especially for only 3 years to have passed.

Quote:The last time a Falcons offensive coordinator had a performance that bad to end the season, Shad Khan hired him as head coach

MM didn't end a prior tenure with the Jags sulking around after "being wronged" by the organization and mailing his last season with the team in before going to the Falcons though. 

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

So who got fired?

Quote:Go 4 wide. And I mean Wide! Not 4 within the hashmarks... Spread out the field and see how much easier it would be to find open recievers and even yes, take shots down the field.

Bunching all our recievers within 5 yards of the tackles adds trash all over the middle of the field and makes it much easier to disguise rushing schemes. It also makes it MUCH harder for the QB to recognize single coverages and where to throw his hot reads.

This is all stuff that falls on Fish. The guy just never figured out how to be an NFL OC. He had 2 years, and we've seen nothing but his east coast offensive style that just doesn't work.

This, if Blackmon comes back next year there is no reason for the dump off passes, we can genuinly make defenses fear our receivers.

I apologise to steal a quote from Madden but it is correct, "Make the defense react instead of attack". Like the poster I have quoted says, have WR's inside helps disguise blitzes, next year ideally we could have a solid 4 WR set. Robinson and Blackmon on the cross patterns to draw in LB's and Safeties to give Hurns and Lee single coverage on the outside.

That is when you take your shots.