Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Grade the Jaguars season
A
B
C
D
E
F
[Show Results]

End of Season Poll - part 1

QB worries me the most. Even when blake has decent protection he fails to make routine throws

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

F for performing well below expectations, despite expectations already being very low. Rookies performed above average, gave them a B. O-line is the biggest concern.

I voted C (considering).

Quote:F for performing well below expectations, despite expectations already being very low. Rookies performed above average, gave them a B. O-line is the biggest concern.
I was torn between an A & B for the rookies.  On one hand the team stunk so bad that they had tons of playing time versus other teams rookies so the stats and play time would indicate that they were great when it could just be that the rest of the team was so bad they had to excel.  The rookies like undrafted Hurns, or drafted in later rounds Telvin Smith, Aarron Colvin made me pick A.

Quote:QB worries me the most. Even when blake has decent protection he fails to make routine throws

I think we can attest this to this happening so infrequently that he's ill prepared for having a clean pocket for 2 seconds or more.  Confusedweat:

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

With Marks tearing an ACL I guess the 1st round draft pick might be a DT like Danny Shelton?

D

B

OLine

----------

Last year was F, D, Oline

The way Dwayne Gratz moved after the INT makes me wonder why he isnt returning punts?

Quote:So now the season end is here, time to have some "Jungle" polls about our Jaguars. This first poll is about grading the current crop of players. I'll follow this up with another poll looking to the future.
What is it like  being an NFL fan in the UK?

F:   I expected 5 wins. I had hoped for more. The team fell two games short of even my low end expectation.

B:   Lots of good starters. Would have been an A but the top two picks, Bortles and Lee, drag it down.

TE: The OL was a problem but half of that was because of the injuries to Pasztor. His recovery along with continued development from Joeckel and Bowanko could solve most of the OL problem. Going forward, Bortles needs a go-to TE. Safety is also a big need.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Season E

Rookies A

I picked QB as my "concern".  Not because of his play, but because at this point he's still a big question mark.  I'm fairly confident at this point they can build a team around him that he can work with.  But my biggest concern this season is the lack of down field throws and touchdowns.   I don't think you can blame that all on the o-line.