Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL Jaguars 2015 Off Season Discussion Thread***

Unfortunately it's been the offseason for the jags since week 6
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Right now if like to see us get veteran help at S and TE then draft scherff the OT out of Iowa. I also think we need to upgrade center or at least bring in competition I'm not sold on bowanko yet.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Fix please.

Done!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Right now if like to see us get veteran help at S and TE then draft scherff the OT out of Iowa. I also think we need to upgrade center or at least bring in competition I'm not sold on bowanko yet.

Bowanko has been pretty solid all season. Him and Linder were our best players on the line.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2014, 10:20 PM by archer56.)

My observations (more like false hopes) for this offseason are as follows

1. Fixing the offensive line should be a priority. Yes there a lot of excuses and it seems like we can never get any continuity when it comes to the line, which makes everything worse.  Bawanko and Linder have been the strongest part of the line, despite people hating on bawanko, I like the fact that out of the five lineman he's the 2nd best, despite being a 6th round draft pick.  It shows his potential ceiling if he bulks up over the offeseason which I'm sure he will. I'm not sure how many of you went and watched the limited game film he had when we drafted him, but his game against Donald Penn, the probably defensive rookie of the year, and a pro bowler in his first year if I remember correctly, got man handled by bawanko.  Improve the left side of the line around him will help both him and Linder as well.

1.1 LUKE JOEKEL MUST FIGURE HIS [BAD WORD REMOVED] OUT.  This is his no excuses offseason.  If he comes into next year playing just as bad then we do have a major problem....

2.0 Blake Bortles will get a full offseason as the starter to work on "jelling" as the O-man likes to say, with the entire offense and more time to hopefully grow more confident in what we're all praying is an improved pocket.  Furthermore, I think with an entire offseason, if Fisch is still around he'll be forced to give Bortles much more control in the game.  Bortles has been at his best this year when he is driving the offense, as demonstrated in time constrained 2 minute drives.  Hopefully they see this in the game film and realize this is the strength of the offense and implement and offensive plan based around this for next year.

3.0 Secondary Development. While a lot of you have crossed off cyprien, I think with some more talent around him that he can trust he'll be able to turn into that big hard hitting Saftey that we all know he is capable.  I think we all realize that if we had better free Saftey play cyprien would probably be more instinctive.  Right now he's obviously thinking more than playing because he has to compensate for Evans.

4.0 Figure out something at running back.  Not gunna lie, I love the idea of Gerhart, but we don't have the line to support Gerhart.  If we had a line like Seattle or MN with road graders that we would just need a guy to beat the one on one, Gerhart would win that almost every time, and he's showed this.  Unfortunately we don't have that line, so his type of running style isn't effective.

5.0 Free Justin Blackmon, 'nough said.  Also If I have to see shorts drop one more catchable ball next year I'm going to have a nervous breakdown.  We should have won this game, shorts was there, he just blatantly missed the ball as it sailed right past his hands.  That goes for Lewis as well.  Draft another pass catching tight end, or trade for one if we have to, and use two tight end sets for the goal line.  take a Hernandez gronkowski approach.  New England has been able to do that with Tim wright, why can't we?

6.0 Pass rush I suppose.  I like the direction we're going with the defensive line, and I think with upgrades to the linebacking core and an outside passrusher that can learn from clemons, or better yet start day one, will make us set drastically better.

7.0 Bring in more wide receiver coaches or something.  We all know that every time we watch a game our wide receivers suck against the press and have trouble getting open at all.  While Sullivan is a great route teaching coach, we need another coach to teach them how to get open when it requires more than just a good route.  Our offensive line doesn't have the time for the route tree to develop at the moment....

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:Bowanko has been pretty solid all season. Him and Linder were our best players on the line.

Not denying that but I'm still looking for insurance/competition at Center. It's such a premium position and important we absolutely have it nailed down next season I'm not crazy betting so heavily on Bowanko alone at Center. We could go someone like Cameron Erving in the 2nd and he can provide competion at Center and still play just about anywhere on the line. He played LT and C for fsu so best case Bowanko is the real deal at C kit him outside to one of the tackle positions. 

Last year everyone was sold on the young secondary, then we saw Gratz and Cyprien suffer serious sophomore slumps and it hurt us big time. I'd like to see us be pro-active and not assume these late round picks are going to bail us out at premium positions.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014, 03:08 AM by AmeliaIsland.)

Hi, Jaguars fans!  Smile Our Jacksonville Jaguars just concluded a very disappointing 2014 NFL season with a 3-13 record, but many changes would be in store in the coming months.  Any news, views, team developments and discussions, including the Jaguars involved in their front office and management, coaching staff and player transactions, and events involving the Jaguars such as Senior Bowls, the NFL Combine, and the 2015 NFL Draft in May hopefully can be posted here.

Happy New Year, let the purge begin, and GO JAGUARS!!!!!  Smile  B)  :thumbsup:  ^_^

2015 Jacksonville Jaguars Opponents - Regular Season:

(Jaguars are playing NFC South Interconference Opponents in 2015)

Home:  Houston, Indianapolis, Tennessee, Atlanta, Carolina, Miami, San Diego

Away:   Houston, Indianapolis, Tennessee, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, New England, New York Jets

Firstees!

Cut Marcedes and Henne, and then start looking at UFAs. We should have some money this offseason.

'02

I'm not gunna lie, I really like that schedule, there isn't any huge travelling dates with the exception of the game that will be ever in London, I'm assuming that is going to be Miami?

I think that should be how they do schedules, take into consideration if a team is going to London and try and keep the cross country travel to a minimum.  It's silly having a team go out to London that's an east coast team, then having them play two games on the west coast as well.

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:Hi, Jaguars fans!  Smile Our Jacksonville Jaguars just concluded a very disappointing 2014 NFL season with a 3-13 record, but many changes would be in store in the coming months.  Any news, views, team developments and discussions, including the Jaguars involved in their front office and management, coaching staff and player transactions, and events involving the Jaguars such as Senior Bowls, the NFL Combine, and the 2015 NFL Draft in May hopefully can be posted here.

Happy New Year, let the purge begin, and GO JAGUARS!!!!!  Smile  B)  :thumbsup:  ^_^

2015 Jacksonville Jaguars Opponents - Regular Season:

(Jaguars are playing NFC South Interconference Opponents in 2015)

Home:  Houston, Indianapolis, Tennessee, Atlanta, Carolina, Miami, San Diego

Away:   Houston, Indianapolis, Tennessee, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, New England, New York Jets

No Cross Country games.... excellent.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Things sure don't look pretty right now, to say the least! Nevertheless, I think that the team had a good idea in mind in 'wiping the slate clean' a couple of seasons ago and start pretty much from scratch via the draft. It was understood then that this would not be a quick fix solution and that the team record would be ugly for a few years. There's just no way around it. If you just can't deal with it then, hey, feel free to bail out. 

In 2015 we should start seeing some more wins than we have been. Not an enormous turnaround, but moving in the turnaround direction. I expect to see not less than a 6-10 record next season; this is a reasonable expectation for this team in the third year of the 'current' rebuild. 

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

I am not surprised by the product on the field.(See belowSmile

How many wins do you see in 2014?

<p class="">[Image: photo-thumb-21855.jpg?_r=1418396848] Posted by <a class="" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/user/21855-david4499/' title=""><span>David4499</a></span> on 25 April 2014 - 07:30 AM in The Jaguars

<div>
I predict 3 wins. 4 if we get hot. Our O-line is in shambles. We don't have a starting QB. We lost our veteran Center, RB and LB, and we have to rely on CSIII for firepower.... OMG this is going to be a long season.

</div>
I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Things sure don't look pretty right now, to say the least! Nevertheless, I think that the team had a good idea in mind in 'wiping the slate clean' a couple of seasons ago and start pretty much from scratch via the draft. It was understood then that this would not be a quick fix solution and that the team record would be ugly for a few years. There's just no way around it. If you just can't deal with it then, hey, feel free to bail out. 

In 2015 we should start seeing some more wins than we have been. Not an enormous turnaround, but moving in the turnaround direction. I expect to see not less than a 6-10 record next season; this is a reasonable expectation for this team in the third year of the 'current' rebuild. 

Starting over was fine. But 3 wins in year two is worse than anybody expected. To say otherwise, is just fooling yourself. The Lions went 0-16 and won 6 games two years later.

Quote:Don't worry guys, we'll magically be knocking on the playoffs doors next season 

[Image: axTp8w0.gif]

• Best of the worst - Oline especailly DT Marks , runner up Clemons
  • Worst of the worst - LT Luke Joekel , runner up FS Josh Evans
  • Worst coach - ST Mallory did have a few good trick plays that were successful though
  • Best coach - DL Todd Wash - best DL Coach in Jags history
  • Best rookie - Tie WR Allen Hurns, OLB Telvin Smith (nomintated rookie of the weeks)
  • Best game - comeback win against the Giants
  • Most improved from last year - RB Shoelace Robinson
  • Player most likely to leave Jacksonville & be successful - HB Jordan Todman
  • Best running back this season - QB Blake Bortles

Quote:Starting over was fine. But 3 wins in year two is worse than anybody expected. To say otherwise, is just fooling yourself. The Lions went 0-16 and won 6 games two years later.
A great HC would find a way to win... I remember Dallas HC Jimmy Johnson stunk his first year won only one game, 2nd year he won 7, third season 11 wins went to NFC divisional game, fourth & fifth Superbowl champs back to back with 13 wins in season.

Its okay to stink the first year and rebuild, and to only be medicore in the 2nd but to lose more games in the 2nd than the first isnt a good sign.