Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sen'Derrick Marks selected as alternate for Pro Bowl

Kyle Williams? Why?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Tampa isn't a winning team and marks had a better year than him.
Thanks for spelling that out for me.

Quote:When was the last time the Jags even had a starter for the Pro-Bowl? Wasn't it MJD or Jimmy Smith?

In 2011 MJD led the league in rushing, but not Pro Bowl votes. So even though he went to Hawaii, I was mad that another running back was the starter.

Same goes to Fred Taylor waiting as long as he did just to go as an alternate and Josh Scobee not going after his best season (2010). We are always getting screwed.

Quote:In 2011 MJD led the league in rushing, but not Pro Bowl votes. So even though he went to Hawaii, I was mad that another running back was the starter.

Same goes to Fred Taylor waiting as long as he did just to go as an alternate and Josh Scobee not going after his best season (2010). We are always getting screwed.
Do these sort of things really make you mad?

Is Jacksonville a winning team?

IMO, he's worthy to make the roster, without being an alternate. It's unfortunate for Marks, though. He plays in a small market, on a team that isn't very good. Small market teams have to be winners to get the attention of the league for their players to make the Pro Bowl. 

He had a better chance of making the roster outright if he played on a mediocre team in a larger market, like Houston or even Tampa Bay. Not his fault...

Quote:He shouldn't be a starter.

Suh, Dareus, McCoy, Donald were all better. No shame in that.

How many DTs made the team?
How are they better?  Marks had the exact same number of sacks as Suh and McCOy..(.5 more than Donald) and had more tackles than McCOy..... Only Marcel Dareus had more sacks at DT than Marks in the entire league.

Quote:Is Jacksonville a winning team?

Geez man, do you really not understand this?

My preference would being that the Pro Scouts make the Pro Bowl Selections.  This would go along way in helping players on teams that don't get much national exposure. 

Quote:My preference would being that the Pro Scouts make the Pro Bowl Selections.  This would go along way in helping players on teams that don't get much national exposure. 
That would make to much since D6!

Quote:That would make to much since D6!

Agreed completely. Removes the bias and unaware factors.

Warjag and Jags32250,  as much as I would like to see this happen,  I'm certainly not counting on it.   The NFL seems to want to be the equivalent of an Interactive Theme Park under the current Commissioner's direction.

Quote:Do these sort of things really make you mad?

Maybe annoyed is a better word? "They should have been there/done that because . . ." really is all I think about it. I don't get too upset, just wish our players were not alternates and actually got voted in.

Quote:Agreed completely. Removes the bias and unaware factors.

By unaware factors, do you mean players get snubbed because many people don't know about them?

There obviously is something else causing Pro Bowl snubs. Everyone knows who Odell Beckham is - the guy who can catch footballs with three fingers on a regular basis. So why was he snubbed?

Quote:Geez man, do you really not understand this?

Maybe not. I've been drinking heavily.

McCoy is a good player on a bad team. Marks is a good player on a bad team. What am I missing?

Quote:Guy had a year like he had? not selected as a starter?

Problem is our team just isn't winning enough to draw national recognition.

I guess alternate is better than nothing.

He's a winner as far as Jag's fans are concerned. :thumbsup:

Quote:Gerald McCoy is a Buc, so...

Quote:And...?

Quote:Maybe not. I've been drinking heavily.

McCoy is a good player on a bad team. Marks is a good player on a bad team. What am I missing?

Here ya go. You shouldn't drink that heavily, not good for the health!

Who cares? I don't. The pro bowl is a beauty contest for football players. I look forward to the AP all pro awards, hall of fame, Pepsi rookies(even just nominations). Or just talking heads discussing a player. We know Sen kicks butt, announcers know, opponents know. Who cares if NYC, Dallas, SF, etc don't?

Since Marks finished 13th in fan voting, but still made it as an alternate, I would guess that means he got pretty strong support from the players and coaches.  

A person can cast multiple votes for the pro bowl and have them all count.   So next year, we all need to vote a little more energetically if we want to get our players into the pro bowl.   Maybe get up an organized effort. 

Quote:Since Marks finished 13th in fan voting, but still made it as an alternate, I would guess that means he got pretty strong support from the players and coaches.  

I would agree with that.