Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tampa Bay

Wow.

109 total yards at home against GB.

Even the Jags had 148 in that horrendous Washington game.

Things could always be worse for us. We could be Tampa.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have no idea why Lovie Smith decided McCown was worth signing and playing as starter. The guy has no upside whatsoever. He's 35 years old and has had 1 decent season in his career.

At least Glennon is young, very strange.

My buddy is a huge Bucs fan. Apparently Lovie said from day one that Glennon isn't his guy.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I have no idea why Lovie Smith decided McCown was worth signing and playing as starter. The guy has no upside whatsoever. He's 35 years old and has had 1 decent season in his career.

At least Glennon is young, very strange.

They were together in Chicago before going to Tampa. What has Mike Glennon done to prove he is better than Josh McCown?

Quote:They were together in Chicago before going to Tampa. What has Mike Glennon done to prove he is better than Josh McCown?

Besides a much better TD to INT ratio and all around better offensive play?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:They were together in Chicago before going to Tampa. What has Mike Glennon done to prove he is better than Josh McCown?

McCown is like a 40 year old rookie...clearly he has done nothing to show he's the starter.  It was a waste of time to even bring in McCown, see how far Glennon's ceiling is and decide how to move forward at the end of the season. 

Quote:McCown is like a 40 year old rookie...clearly he has done nothing to show he's the starter.  It was a waste of time to even bring in McCown, see how far Glennon's ceiling is and decide how to move forward at the end of the season. 

McCown was actually signed to be the backup, but later Lovie decided to have a quarterback competition iIRC.

McCown was a horrible path... The bucs do have some parts(Evans) in place but I also feel like their arrow is just point down over all...

Quote:McCown was actually signed to be the backup, but later Lovie decided to have a quarterback competition iIRC.

He was 100% not signed as a backup, the same day he signed Lovie declared him the team's starter.

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2014, 10:13 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Quote:McCown was a horrible path... The bucs do have some parts(Evans) in place but I also feel like their arrow is just point down over all...

The have a lot of good talent on the team. It's baffling how bad they are. Evans, Jackson, Martin, Gohlston, McCoy, Barron before he was traded.

Quote:He was 100% not signed as a backup, the same day he signed Lovie declared him the team's starter.
This. Was signed as the starter from minute one. As I said, I live in the Tampa market, Lovie has no desire whatsoever to have Glennon be his QB so he won't play him. He'll be released or traded after this year I'm sure. Wouldn't be surprised to see them blow this first pick and sign Cutler either.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Tampa Bay has a long road ahead

I haven't watched much of Glennon, but from what i've seen you could do a lot worse. 

Quote:He was 100% not signed as a backup, the same day he signed Lovie declared him the team's starter.

But before the draft Lovie said he won't pick a quarterback because he likes Mike Glennon as the starter. Go figure.