Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who you got on the chopping block following the season?

Quote:We should probably get Scobee and Anger inked to extensions this offseason.

I love Scobee but would have no problem seeing Anger gone.  To no fault of his own.  He's a very average punter in the the league, yet everytime he punts a bad ball, i instantly flash in my mind to him being a 3rd round pick, then i think of russel wilson, then i really don't want to see Anger ever punt a ball for the Jags again!  Personal issue, but i don't want Anger anymore.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Anger fails  to pin the team inside the 20.  Overkicks

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I love Scobee but would have no problem seeing Anger gone.  To no fault of his own.  He's a very average punter in the the league, yet everytime he punts a bad ball, i instantly flash in my mind to him being a 3rd round pick, then i think of russel wilson, then i really don't want to see Anger ever punt a ball for the Jags again!  Personal issue, but i don't want Anger anymore.
I definitely don't want to be in the same situation that we were in a few years ago when we let Podlesh go and had just a mess at punter.  I'm all for bringing in some UDFA and FA to compete and may the best man win.  Just cutting him wouldn't make sense though.  I'll take average any day over someone potentially terrible.

Quote:I definitely don't want to be in the same situation that we were in a few years ago when we let Podlesh go and had just a mess at punter.  I'm all for bringing in some UDFA and FA to compete and may the best man win.  Just cutting him wouldn't make sense though.  I'll take average any day over someone potentially terrible.
Like I said, it's just a personal problem.  lol.  I agree with you, i just can't shake the arrogance and embarrasment Gene caused by taking him in the 3rd.

The problem is people care too much about a punter.  Good teams do not punt that often so the punter is the least important guy on the field.  The Jaguars have him high priority because of the lack of scoring.  If the offense comes alive we won't care who the punter is.  I could not tell you who the punter is on the other 31 teams.

Quote:The problem is people care too much about a punter.  Good teams do not punt that often so the punter is the least important guy on the field.  The Jaguars have him high priority because of the lack of scoring.  If the offense comes alive we won't care who the punter is.  I could not tell you who the punter is on the other 31 teams.
Did you watch the Jags a couple years ago when punting single handendly lost us games?

Quote:Did you watch the Jags a couple years ago when punting single handendly lost us games?
Punting was an issue but not the real reason.  The real reason is the same as now is the jags do not score enough points.  We have had this issue for an eternity. 

Anger is my last concern. He is a good punter. Not awesome, not bad, just good.

We have so many holes to fix in this team, punter is not an issue.

Quote:Anger is my last concern. He is a good punter. Not awesome, not bad, just good.

We have so many holes to fix in this team, punter is not an issue.
He's definitely worth a 3rd rounder lol

Anyone else remember people trying to defend the Anger in the 3rd round? Saying it was a good pick.

Quote:He's definitely worth a 3rd rounder lol

Anyone else remember people trying to defend the Anger in the 3rd round? Saying it was a good pick.

Well, maybe it's time to get over it now.

If Caldwell is able to improve this crappy Oline, we will not punt as often as right now.

Quote:Well, maybe it's time to get over it now.

If Caldwell is able to improve this crappy Oline, we will not punt as often as right now.
Yikes... Just making convo bruh. Easy up. I'm over it

Quote:Punting was an issue but not the real reason.  The real reason is the same as now is the jags do not score enough points.  We have had this issue for an eternity. 
They did score enough points had the punter done his job.

Quote:My List so Far

Cecil Shorts:  Let him walk.  Gene's stench is all over him.  He will occasionally make a big play and then miss 3 more.  Tired of him coming up short - agree

M. Lewis:  His salary is asinine to his production.  Cut him and use the Money for 2 good players or even a great one.  Bye -agree

Poz:  I like poz but his age, his salary, and he is coming off a major injury does not make sense to keep him.  If he would restructure his deal then I would like to see him stay but don't know if he is willing.agree

C. Henne:  It scares me if bortles ever had to miss time we have to rely on this guy.  Cut him and draft a backup- don't agree

Ace Sanders:  After his suspension he has played more like colonel sanders.  Cut him - agree, maybe for the minimum I let him stay tho.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Notable cuts or free agents not to sign...

J. Todman- nothing special, upgradeable.

S. Johnson- see above.

C. Henne- draft a backup to develop.

S. Young- Wells develops a year and obsoletes Young.

J. McClendon- a liability when playing.

A. Sanders- ineffective returner and wide receiver.

C. Shorts- not worth the FA money with the 3 rookies.

W. Blackmon- vet now outplayed by rookies.

A. Ball- see above.

T. Alualu- just a guy to be replaced with someone with upside.

G. Smith- Telvin's play makes him expendable.

L. Reynolds- not taking a step forward this year.

C. Prosinski- can't believe he made it this year.

Quote:Notable cuts or free agents not to sign...

J. Todman- nothing special, upgradeable.

S. Johnson- see above.

C. Henne- draft a backup to develop.

S. Young- Wells develops a year and obsoletes Young.

J. McClendon- a liability when playing.

A. Sanders- ineffective returner and wide receiver.

C. Shorts- not worth the FA money with the 3 rookies.

W. Blackmon- vet now outplayed by rookies.

A. Ball- see above.

T. Alualu- just a guy to be replaced with someone with upside.

G. Smith- Telvin's play makes him expendable.

L. Reynolds- not taking a step forward this year.

C. Prosinski- can't believe he made it this year.

What ? Prosinski was waived in september. Huh

Quote:Did you watch the Jags a couple years ago when punting single handendly lost us games?

Don't you mean "single-footedly"?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:What ? Prosinski was waived in september. Huh
Hahaha and I think he plays for the Eagles?

Prosinski gone....yea.  I thought they had put him on IR.  Thanks for the correction.

Quote:Don't you mean "single-footedly"?
Haha, yes, thanks for the correction!

Henne , Hayes, Ace , Shorts can walk.

Resign Todman,JT Thomas and Paztor for cheap.

Cut Marcedes