Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Where do you rank our rookies?

Quote:Not much love for Bowanko. He's played well. Yes he can improve but he good.

Bowanko has impressed me no doubt. When we had Brewster in there we were awful in the middle. Bowanko comes in, plays better right off the bat, and has gotten better throughout the season.

We traded Blaine Gabbert for Luke Bowanko!
Shock the world

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Bowanko has impressed me no doubt. When we had Brewster in there we were awful in the middle. Bowanko comes in, plays better right off the bat, and has gotten better throughout the season.

We traded Blaine Gabbert for Luke Bowanko!

Bowanko had been pretty decent for what,a 5th rounder?But he really needs to get a little stronger

Quote:Bowanko had been pretty decent for what,a 5th rounder?But he really needs to get a little stronger

6th round.

And yes, he needs to get better.
Shock the world

It is looking like last year's draft could be one of the best the Jags had had, provided they continue to develop.

The only player that may not make ît is Storm.

Quote:Not much love for Bowanko. He's played well. Yes he can improve but he good.

Says more about the overall strength of this rookie class than anything else.

;

;

1) Brandon Linder

2) Telvin Smith

3) Allen Hurns

4) Allen Robinson

5) Blake Bortles

6) Aaron Colvin

7) Marqise Lee

8) Luke Bowanko

9) Chris Smith

10) Storm Johnson

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:It is looking like last year's draft could be one of the best the Jags had had, provided they continue to develop.

The only player that may not make ît is Storm.

THIS year's draft. I will never understand why people can't remember players who are rookies in 2014 were drafted in 2014.

Quote:THIS year's draft. I will never understand why people can't remember players who are rookies in 2014 were drafted in 2014.

LOL quick, someone rush Jagboss to the burrrrn clinic!

Quote:LOL quick, someone rush Jagboss to the burrrrn clinic!

What do you say that for?

Quote:What do you say that for?

Because you burrrrned him!

You're quite the sniper, JW.

Quote:Because you burrrrned him!

You're quite the sniper, JW.

Wait, pyromania is not a good thing and can cause fires that a very famous bear looks down upon.

And now she's got a gun???  This could be trouble

Quote:Hurns/AR15 set an nfl record for rookies with at least 48 receptions on the year.

In addition, 5 more receptions for Lee would give us THREE rookies with 40+ receptions in the same season.

In the history of the NFL, that has never happened either.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:THIS year's draft. I will never understand why people can't remember players who are rookies in 2014 were drafted in 2014.
Just shuuut uuup.  Jesus Christ!

I sincerely give our 2014 rookie draft class Much Props to say the least. I also envision that this class could possibly rank amongst the top five NFL draft classes...

WOW... Did I just type that?

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:In addition, 5 more receptions for Lee would give us THREE rookies with 40+ receptions in the same season.

In the history of the NFL, that has never happened either.

Story here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...ke-history

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Not basing this off stats.  In order of my uneducated opinion

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">1) Telvin Smith- will be a fan favorite and locker room leader for a long time.  beast in madden 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2) Blake Bortles- our franchise qb,   Big plays and Favre like ints for many years

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">3) Allen Hurns- Body catches but is clutch. Better hands will make him a serious weapon.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">4) Marqise Lee- Matchup nightmare fast fast fast

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">5) Aaron Colvin- will he be a Rashean Mathis or a Cox?   I think he will be real good

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">6) Allen Robinson- Reliable solid starter but Lee will be better

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">7) Chris Smith- He looks the part

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">8) Brandon Linder- people say hes good. All i see is our qbs havent had time for years.  Pats, Packers, etc have what appears to be twice as much time

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">9) Storm Johnson- expected more especially on a team that started the year without a clear RB starter

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">10)Luke Bowanko- see number 8

Quote:Storm Johnson started only one game. Chris Smith and Aaron Colvin never started a game. So there can't be more than 7 starters.

Colvin is a starter if you project it into next season.   He will definitely be one of our starting CBs.  

Brandon Linder

Telvin Smith

Allen Robinson

Allen Hurns

Blake Bortles

Aaron Colvin

Marqise Lee

Luke Bowanko

Chris Smith

Storm Johnson

Quote:1. Brandon Linder

2. Allen Robinson

3. Telvin Smith

4. Aaron Colvin

5. Blake Bortles

6. Marqise Lee

7. Luke Bowanko

8. Storm Johnson

9. Chris Smith

When you have it in a list format than is hard to do.  Do you factor in value (such as when the player was drafted {if drafted at all} compared to how they performed on the field this season versus other rookies) if so Hurns is #1 and I doubt anyone could argue that.   Or do you base it on the value of the position (premium roles) such as QB is more important to the team than an interior lineman (G Linder) in which case a QB or a CB like Aaron Colvin would win it over Linder.  Or do you simply base it on their performance based on other players in the NFL or soley on other rookies since a lot of teams didnt need to put their rookie on the field right away as their veterans were already top notch, if you dont consider that than Allen Robinson would be a strong candidate or Telvin Smith based on how little they played yet how much they performed.

I'll make a list of whom I liked watch playing the most this year.

#1.) OLB Telvin Smith ** (If only he had started all year, this guy is truly special regardless of his weight, he just needs to be more aware of the play and study a bit more)

#2.) WR Allen Hurns *  (I wanted to make him 1st overall but he did drop a few catches this year which were partly Bortles fault, partly due to him being injured)

#3.) CB Aaron Colvin (I enjoyed his dancing).

#4.) WR Allen Robinson (not flashy but reliable on 3rd down, wasnt aggressive the 1st half of the season and some INTs / drops he couldve prevented)

#5.) QB Blake Bortles (His preseason was fantastic, but the constant hits of a poor Oline has hurt him a bit. I think if he gets a solid oline & running game he'll improve dramatically)

#6.) DE Chris Smith (Flashes at times and a few sacks for the limited game time, adds good depth now but could improve to be great).

#7.) RG Brandon Linder (hard to put oline people on the list when its been the worst oline in jaguars history but im told this kid is the best of the worst of the oline)

#8.) C Luke Bowanko (took the job from the pompus Mike whom convinced GM Dave that he could do the job only to fail and be cut from the team)

#9.) RB Storm Johnson (He looked good last week but has strugled most of the season.  He's a 7th round pick so not much risk)

Not sure how Linder isn't at the top of all these lists. He's performed at an elite level for is position with regard to the entire NFL. You can't say that about anyone else. I know he's just a guard, but c'mon!