Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Where do you rank our rookies?

lol people here dropping Linder because the overall OL is bad. The bad players on the OL this year have been Joeckel and the right tackles. The OL may be bad but it has nothing to do with Linder who rarely gives up pressure and is a mauler in the run game.

Also Allen Robinson almost never dropped passes. He only had one or two before he went out.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If this is about how they're playing right now relative to each other (rather than where we think they'll ultimately be ranked when their careers are over or how they compare with other players at their position), I'd put 'em in this order.

1) Telvin Smith

2) Linder

3) Bortles

4) Marqise Lee

5) Hurns

6) Aaron Colvin

7) Bowanko

8) Chris Smith

9) Storm Johnson

I left A-Rob off the list since he's injured but if he were still playing, I'd put him between Bortles and Lee most likely.  I think there are lots of rooks and second year players making big time contributions which bodes well for the future.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Linder

ARob

TSmith

Colvin

Hurns

Bortles

Lee

Bowanko

CSmith

sJohnson

On a positive note for the Jaguars - at least we have rookies worth talking about; some lean drafts the past few years under Shack and Gene.  

Quote:1. Brandon Linder

2. Allen Robinson

3. Telvin Smith

4. Aaron Colvin

5. Blake Bortles

6. Marqise Lee

7. Luke Bowanko

8. Storm Johnson

9. Chris Smith

I like this list. Wouldn't change it at all and I think it's fair. Had Colvin entered the season good to go he would probably be 2nd on the list, maybe even number one overall.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Brandon Linder

Allen Robinson

Telvin Smith

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Aaron Colvin

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Blake Bortles

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Marqise Lee

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Allen Hurns

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Luke Bowanko

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Chris Smith

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Storm Johnson

Quote:On a positive note for the Jaguars - at least we have rookies worth talking about; some lean drafts the past few years under Shack and Gene.  
On a negative note we play a lot of rookies so that's what is there to talk about.

Linder for sure number one. Our best offensive player in my opinion.

Quote:Linder for sure number one. Our best offensive player in my opinion.

Right *now*, I'd give the edge to Bortles and maybe Colvin, although I'd understand if you're ranking them on the whole season.  Linder and A-Rob are probably the top if you're looking at it from an entire season perspective, although Hurns has to be considered too.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:On a negative note we play a lot of rookies so that's what is there to talk about.

And another positive note, you're only a rookie once.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Linder for sure number one. Our best offensive player in my opinion.
you got to be out of your damn mind to feel that way. 

[Image: giphy.gif]