Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Deion Sanders on Boselli "One of the best ever"

Quote:Love Fred too, but yeah, there are a number of better running backs. Fred over Jim Brown? Umm, no.

And yeah, I think Boselli is probably deserving of the hall. He was just that good when he played.

I think I'd take Fred over some of the guys that got in there. Not brown or sanders though.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think I'd take Fred over some of the guys that got in there. Not brown or sanders though.

Fred Taylor was great, and I think deserving of HoF consideration, but which guys would you say he was decidedly better than?

Here's the list of players by position: http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/positions.aspx

I'm guessing if you're like most of the posters here then you've never seen the majority of them play.

I don't think Fred has a better resume that anybody currently in.

Great player but Edgerrin James had a similar career and won't get in. Neither will Corey Dillon, Jamal Lewis or Warrick Dunn. Steven Jackson is close and almost certainly won't get in.

I think with Boselli, if Dwight Stephenson is in then Boselli should be.

Similar amount of career starts (Stephenson - 87, Boselli - 90). Each had five Pro Bowls. I do think Boselli has a chance whenever he is up for the Veterans committee many years from now.

I don't see Boselli getting in. Too short of a career.

I'm guessing that each year that goes by lessens his chances.

Does his name even come up for consideration any more? Peter King is a voter and writes about the process often. I don't recall him mentioning Boselli's candidacy lately.

Perhaps at some distant Veteran's Committee vote. Perhaps. 

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2014, 08:00 PM by finwe.)

I agree he will be a legacy candidate many years from now.  to bad, if he had just played 5 or 6 more years he would of been a lock.  even if his play had declined a little

Boselli was one of the greats. I remember watching him man handle Bruce Smith while delivering nasty blocks.  He was a bad boy with a bad attitude.  I don't think his career lasted long enough for him to be in the HOF.  Def A Jaguar Hof.  Too bad about his knee because he was fun to watch .  I remember arguing who was better Boselli or Ogden.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Fred Taylor was great, and I think deserving of HoF consideration, but which guys would you say he was decidedly better than?

Here's the list of players by position: http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/positions.aspx

I'm guessing if you're like most of the posters here then you've never seen the majority of them play.
You're right I have not seen a lot of those guys.  Maybe putting him over guys is being a little too bias but I think I'd compare him to Curtis Martin or Emmit Smith.  Smith had the benefit of being on one of the best teams ever.  Doesn't mean that he doesn't deserve to be in there or anything but it also helped to have those guys around him.  Taylor had a good team for his first couple of years then it took a nose dive as Boselli got hurt and left, coaching changes, crappy QBs causing teams to just load up the box, etc.

Quote:I am talking about the transition at the position after Tony...

Kalif Barnes..   Good player not great

Eugene Monroe...  Better than good but not great

Luke currently serviceable but needs improvement

We got spoiled by a once in a generation player.

Don't forget the below average Mike Pearson a/k/a Baby Boselli. 

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Quote:Don't forget the below average Mike Pearson a/k/a Baby Boselli.

Or Ephraim "Human Turnstile" Salaam

True or false: Guy Whimper was a better tackle than Ephraim Salaam.

TC sure knew how to pick them huh!

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Quote:https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152691797043863

What are his chances of getting in the HoF someday?
I like PrimeTime Sanders more after his career ended than I did when he played...   He's good as an entertainer that's for sure.

Why is LT such a premier position?

Because they protect the QBs Blind Side

Where do most Blitzes and Top pass rusheres like to rush from?

The Qbs Blind side

Im not saying Tony was not great. He did handle Bruce Smith with reckless abandon when he faced him, along with many other top Defensive linemen he faced. But the premier line position on the Jags offensive line the years Tony played was RT. Why Because our QB was LH and his blind side was to the RT side, And many times the blitzes and top pass rushers would move to that side. Tony could have been just as dominate with a RH QB but we just dont know. I dont think he will get into the HOF Fred probably has the best chance.

Quote:TC sure knew how to pick them huh!

He was a boss in the first round. After that, not so much.

;

;

Quote:He was a boss in the first round. After that, not so much.
Much better than his predecessors I'd say.  Reggie Williams, Matt Jones, Blaine Gabbert, Harvey, etc.  It's no wonder we have sucked for so long.

You can't put Jimmy Smith in and Not Keenan McCardell.

First of all, Keenan has a ring. Smith doesn't.

And their stats are very comparable. 

I don't think either gets in.

Boselli and Taylor might make it one day. But I don't think both will.

HoFs from the Jaguars are more than likely future players.

I could see him being one of those guys that is on the short list for a long time like Charles Haley. I doubt he gets in. I wish he had been able to play a couple more years and get the Jaguars to the Super Bowl.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:Why is LT such a premier position?

Because they protect the QBs Blind Side

Where do most Blitzes and Top pass rusheres like to rush from?

The Qbs Blind side

Im not saying Tony was not great. He did handle Bruce Smith with reckless abandon when he faced him, along with many other top Defensive linemen he faced. But the premier line position on the Jags offensive line the years Tony played was RT. Why Because our QB was LH and his blind side was to the RT side, And many times the blitzes and top pass rushers would move to that side. Tony could have been just as dominate with a RH QB but we just dont know. I dont think he will get into the HOF Fred probably has the best chance.

LT is a premier position not because of the "blind side" but because he is going up against the best pass rusher one on one. The best pass rusher lines up on the offensive left not because of the blind side but because of the majority of offensive formations have a TE on the right side along with run plays going that way. Its not really about the "blind side" but more about the formations and alignments. Boselli did quite often get the best pass rusher.

Regardless of what hand the QB was, Boselli would have been dominate. There is no doubt whatsover of that.

Quote:His career was just too short.  If he had played longer, Boselli definitely would have gotten in.

McCardell and Brunell aren't worthy.  I don't see anything extraordinary out of either one.

You can make a case for Fred or Jimmy though.

Dwight Stephenson got in even though he played only 8 seasons, with only 87 starts. And he played a less high-profile, premium position than Boselli. You'll probably end up being right, but Boselli should get in if Stephenson is in.

He is always listed as "the best" LT of our time.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend