Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Todman

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2014, 08:41 PM by Banatha.)

I dont know if Todman is amazing we rarely use him.What depresses me is the Jags have tendencies that are easily recognized. If todman comes in its 3rd down and a pass play and he is the check off. It doesnt matter if we need 20 yards for a first,our checkdown will barely cross the line of scrimmage. Thats his role and every coach we play knows it. Its easy to look bad when the other side knows exactly what the play is, and what each jaguar players role is.

When we mix it up,like Denard throws a pass it works a lot. I just feel every coach in the league knows what we do given a down and distance, which makes us worse than our talent.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He's a legit 4.4 guy. Maybe they haven't been using him like they should. It seems like a brick has to hit coaches Del Rio and Bradley to make a change. He's probably faster than shoelace but with meat on his bones.
There's a lot that goes into running backs though, and i think the big reason that he doesn't get on the field before was because of injuries, and that he is a liability in pass blocking which is what keeps a lot of good running backs off the field as three down back

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:I dont know if Todman is amazing we rarely use him.What depresses me is the Jags have tendencies that are easily recognized. If todman comes in its 3rd down and a pass play and he is the check off. It doesnt matter if we need 20 yards for a first,our checkdown will barely cross the line of scrimmage. Thats his role and every coach we play knows it. Its easy to look bad when the other side knows exactly what the play is, and what each jaguar players role is.

When we mix it up,like Denard throws a pass it works a lot. I just feel every coach in the league knows what we do given a down and distance, which makes us worse than our talent.
This is why I think Fisch needs to go.  I don't see any creativity there.  I can predict the play from my seat up in 405 most of the time. If I can do it, imagine what the opposing team's D coordinator who's getting paid to do it can predict.  

Quote:I dont know if Todman is amazing we rarely use him.What depresses me is the Jags have tendencies that are easily recognized. If todman comes in its 3rd down and a pass play and he is the check off. It doesnt matter if we need 20 yards for a first,our checkdown will barely cross the line of scrimmage. Thats his role and every coach we play knows it. Its easy to look bad when the other side knows exactly what the play is, and what each jaguar players role is.

After watching Toddman this year I am not impressed with his return abilites but I am with his running back skills.  He had bad play calling in that he's not a run up the middle player like Toby but rather best used out to the side or in screen passes.  He is better than Storm Johnson in picking up the block but he's no MJD when it comes to that, but he does know how to shuffle and be patient for the extra yards.  I see him most like R. Jennings and if not kept might be successful on another team with great blocking.

Quote:This is why I think Fisch needs to go.  I don't see any creativity there.  I can predict the play from my seat up in 405 most of the time. If I can do it, imagine what the opposing team's D coordinator who's getting paid to do it can predict.  
I disagree on some occasions I shake my head like why on earth after the run game has been shut down all game would he call a shotgun formation handoff on 3rd and long to Slowby?

Sure I feel I'm pretty good at guessing the plays too, but that doesnt necessarily mean that Fisch is predictible why look at all the trick plays he's called in just the last few weeks...

The thing is you cant have the 30th to 32nd ranked Offense all year long for two season and not worry about losing your job.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This is why I think Fisch needs to go.  I don't see any creativity there.  I can predict the play from my seat up in 405 most of the time. If I can do it, imagine what the opposing team's D coordinator who's getting paid to do it can predict.  

The thing is, people complain about plays called for Gerhart to run outside.   "Why are they running Gerhart outside?  He should only run inside the tackles."    But then they complain about the predictability in the play calling.   Do you not see the irony there?   They want Gerhart to only do a certain thing.  They want Todman to only do a certain thing.   But then they complain about the predictability of the play calling.  

People complain about plays that don't work.   That's the bottom line.   If a play doesn't work, people complain about the play calling.   "If they'd only called a different play, it would have worked."  

I have had people sitting next to me in the stadium who claimed they could predict the play calls.   When I challenge them to do this, they cannot do it.  

People want easy answers, but sometimes there are none.  Fire Jedd Fisch!  Cut this guy or that guy!   I guess it's just fans being fans.  

Quote:The thing is, people complain about plays called for Gerhart to run outside.   "Why are they running Gerhart outside?  He should only run inside the tackles."    But then they complain about the predictability in the play calling.   Do you not see the irony there?   They want Gerhart to only do a certain thing.  They want Todman to only do a certain thing.   But then they complain about the predictability of the play calling.  

People complain about plays that don't work.   That's the bottom line.   If a play doesn't work, people complain about the play calling.   "If they'd only called a different play, it would have worked."  

I have had people sitting next to me in the stadium who claimed they could predict the play calls.   When I challenge them to do this, they cannot do it.  

People want easy answers, but sometimes there are none.  Fire Jedd Fisch!  Cut this guy or that guy!   I guess it's just fans being fans.  

I laugh every time I see someone claim this. I think what they mean is that they can predict run or pass correctly 25-50% of the time.

Quote:I laugh every time I see someone claim this. I think what they mean is that they can predict run or pass correctly 25-50% of the time.
Exactly, it's like flipping a coin.  "See, i told you they were gonna run it!"  Little more to it than that folks.