Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Interesting stat...

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014, 08:15 PM by MightyRx.)

We used to be fantasy owners panacea because TE used to have career days against us, almost since inception.

Well, since week 3, not anymore.

We've given up 36 catches for 397 yards and 2 TDs...

That's an average of 3.6 catches and 39.7 yards a game.

I guess someone is doing his job...

Oh, and before any days we haven't faced any "good" TEs, here are who we faced during that stretch:

Antonio Gates, 608 yds, 9 TDs

Heath Miller, 584 yds, 3 TDs

Delanie Walker, 700 yds, 4 TDs

Jason Witten, 495 yds, 4 TDs

Coby Fleener, 650 yds, 6 TDs

Larry Donnell, 544 yds, 6 TDs

I left off any that aren't in the top 20 in yards so Charles Clay, Jordan Cameron, Jermaine Gresham weren't included.

Edit-The most yards given up to any of them was 57 yards to Walker of the tacks...
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wonder what happened in week 1 and 2?

Henne was the Qb?

:face_ninja:
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Probably has to do with Telvin Smith.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:Probably has to do with Telvin Smith.
Will Blackmon got hurt and the nickel-DBs have been better since then as well.  Winston Guy was cut. 

Mostly - I think it was just a reduction in blown coverages though.   

edit: since it apparently wasn't clear - I'm saying getting Blackmon any Guy off the field improved the TE coverage.

This is pretty interesting actually.  We are seeing real results in our defense, but it's hard to appreciate them fully with the inconsistent offensive play.  We still give up 2-3 backbreaking plays a week on the defensive side, but that's much improved from the 8-10 we could expect in the beginning of the season.  Improvements to LB and maybe FS will help reduce them further. 

Interesting.

Quote:Will Blackmon got hurt and the nickel-DBs have been better since then as well. Winston Guy was cut.

Mostly - I think it was just a reduction in blown coverages though.

Blackmon was terrible when he was in there

I think we now have Cyprien in man coverage on the TE more often than in the beginning of the season?

Cyprien got hurt the first half against Philly. Missed the next game.

Tight end numbers are down since.

But he's a bust...

;

;

Quote:Cyprien got hurt the first half against Philly. Missed the next game.

Tight end numbers are down since.

But he's a bust...

Because he has no passes defensed, interceptions or sacks apparently... Wallbash Covering opposing TEs simply isn't worthy of notice.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Isn't he the team leader in tackles...

Better tight end coverage is a lot about safety play as well. Oh and btw, at least Cyprian seems to be doing better than Kenny Viccaro who the saints took in the first and got benched by rob Ryan this week.

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:Because he has no passes defensed, interceptions or sacks apparently... Wallbash Covering opposing TEs simply isn't worthy of notice.

Cyprien doesn't always cover the TE.  I think our outside linebackers have done a good job with keeping up with opposing TEs.  

You can thank Cyprien and Telvin Smith.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Correct.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Blackmon was terrible when he was in there
That was my point.  

I enjoy good stats, Id say this is a good one Smile Hope the improvements keep coming too.

Very interesting.

Obviously someone saw a problem and worked out a solution.

Nice to see coaching get some credit for once. Around here that hardly ever happens.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Very interesting.

Obviously someone saw a problem and worked out a solution.

Nice to see coaching get some credit for once. Around here that hardly ever happens.

We've fixed one problem from early in the year.  Party Time!!

One of these years.............