Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Vegas Odds Jaguars @ Ravens

Interesting look at the line.

Opening line was Ravens -12.5 and has since moved to -13.5.

Opening over/under was 45 and has since moved to 45.5.

Some things to consider.  The Ravens are struggling for a playoff spot/division title.  Denard Robinson is ruled out today.  I suspect that the Ravens are going to play tough.  My guess is we might see the line move higher in both categories.

What The Odds Mean

Vegas is predicting a Ravens win by 13.5 points or more.

Vegas is taking bets on total amount of points scored in the game.

Assume that the Ravens cover the spread, that means that they score at least 14 points.  However, looking at what they have done this season, they have scored less than 20 points in only 2 games.  I don't feel that the game will be a shutout, and I see both teams putting points on the board.  I would take the over in this game and would NOT bet on the Jaguars to cover the spread.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm seeing 13.5 too, and I'm like you, I have no confidence in the Jags covering the spread this week.

You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

So we're looking at about 30-16 prediction....Sounds about right.  No way in hockey sticks I'd pick the Jags to cover the spread though. 

One of these years.............

Flacco is pretty good at blowing out bad defenses.  I think the birds cover.

Quote:So we're looking at about 30-16 prediction....Sounds about right.  No way in hockey sticks I'd pick the Jags to cover the spread though. 

Sadly, I dont see how we get 16.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2014, 01:58 PM by Adam2012.)

I don't say this often regarding the Jaguars ... but this one could get ugly.

At least as a side benefit we'll get the usual suspects on here Monday sharing their insightful insights that no one listens to.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:I don't say this often regarding the Jaguars ... but this one could get ugly.

At least as a side benefit we'll get the usual suspects on here Monday sharing there insightful insights that no one listens to.

Agreed, I have a bad feeling about this game. Justin Forsett is going to run wild against our defense, it could get ugly fast.

Upset is always possible but I don't think we win this one.

Quote:Upset is always possible but I don't think we win this one.

I don't think there is enough Pepto-Bismol in the world for this to be an upset.

Gus defied the odds when he beat 1 Super bowl winning head coach (a 2 time winner at that).

He won't beat another one, especially on the road.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote: I don't think there is enough Pepto-Bismol in the world for this to be an upset.

Gus defied the odds when he beat 1 Super bowl winning head coach (a 2 time winner at that).

He won't beat another one, especially on the road.
Meh.  I thought that Giants game was pretty winnable and we matched up against them pretty well.  Coughlin probably gets let go after this season too.

Quote:Meh.  I thought that Giants game was pretty winnable and we matched up against them pretty well.  Coughlin probably gets let go after this season too.

Yeah, the Jags sure didn't match up very well in the first half when they were down 0-21, and 3-21 at the half.

Then the Giants offense didn't match up to well with the Jags defense in the 2nd half.

It was pretty much a bad first half match up AND then a bad 2nd half match up.

A battle of bad match-ups in each half for each team is what the game turned out to be.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Jaguars 42

Ravens 20

Blake has his best game of the year Sunday.

Banana

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Jaguars 42

Ravens 20

Blake has his best game of the year Sunday.

Banana

Blake may has his best yardage game but I doubt the offense puts together 6 touchdowns. Have they put together 6 offensive touchdowns in 3 consecutive weeks yet?

I see this as being one of those 37-10 type games. We have nothing to play for and they have everything. We have a bunch of rookies and second year players finishing out the stretch. They have a ton of veterans desperate to make the playoffs.

I don't see it.

;

;

All along I've felt the Jaguars have a shot at winning this game. The huge point spread and seeing how 99 percent of the fans at Yahoo's pick'um are taking the Ravens had made me hesitant, but when it was time to pick my gut says the Jaguars are winning this game.

Jaguars 21

Ravens 20

We got this!

'02

there is no way we win this week. In case you missed my prediction its on this other post. 

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...eek/page-3

There was one before drob was out for the year,and one after. just a 3 point difference though for us on offensse.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Amazingly close game in the first half has the game broadcasters tossing out praises for the "progress" this young inexperienced team has made. Then the marching bands leave the field and the rout is on...........Ravens 38. Jags 10.