Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Denard Robinson done for 2014: foot injury

Good for him to sit, because it's a lost season, but this does hurt my fantasy team.
No commercial messages in sigs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Let the Toby bashing begin............Let me start off by calling him what another member calls him (unaffectionately) slowby! Even if he pulls a rabbit out of the hat and finishes strong...........I'd love to see the JAGS release him anyways and go to a town where the fans aren't so arrogantly offensive to their players by calling them names.

Mrs. Slowby?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Mrs. Slowby?
There you go....something like that.

Quote:Why complicate things. If I was a receivers coach, I would just say "hey, see that ball? Run down that field and catch it". Or linebackers coach, "hey see that guy with the ball, tackle him". Seems like an easy job.

It may be an oversimplified way of looking at it, but that's how you win in football.  You get better players and you win individual matchups by *gasp* being better.  Coaching can help you become a better player, but the players still have to be good.  The problem we have is talent.  We can't just put someone out there and say "beat your guy" at any position.  Other teams can do that because they have better players.  Until we get some better players, it ain't gonna matter whether we have Vince Lombardi back there.  You can't make chicken soup out of..................

One of these years.............

Quote:It may be an oversimplified way of looking at it, but that's how you win in football.  You get better players and you win individual matchups by *gasp* being better.  Coaching can help you become a better player, but the players still have to be good.  The problem we have is talent.  We can't just put someone out there and say "beat your guy" at any position.  Other teams can do that because they have better players.  Until we get some better players, it ain't gonna matter whether we have Vince Lombardi back there.  You can't make chicken soup out of..................

What are you talking about? Don't you get it? You must blame the Offensive Coordinator!

Get with the program.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What are you talking about? Don't you get it? You must blame the Offensive Coordinator!

Get with the program.

It's possible that our offensive coordinator wont be here next season.  Once he's fired, is it then ok to blame him?

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014, 03:33 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:Beating the man in front of you isn't a path for success?
I just watch the game man and keep it simple. I don't have the time to act like I work for the NFL Network and break down plays and techniques on here like some football savants we have on here.

Pretty sure we've been running a scheme called zone blocking all season and it doesn't work. Scrap that get bigger stronger linemen and blow the other team's linemen off the line and open some holes. The coaching comes from hand techniques and footwork to aid in doing that I guess.

It sure isn't, especially considering that even eight year old players learn how to perform loops and stunts while on the D Line in order to make the Offensive Linemen and blockers in general chase them in order to free up blitzing LB's. And since Defenses have found that blitzing our QB is a path to success, it would seem to me that making blitzing harder to do for the Defense would be a better path for success.

I'm not saying that what the team has been doing has been successful, but telling a bunch of professionals to go out there and "hit somebody!" is an absolute sure formula for failure. I feel very confident in that.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:It sure isn't, especially considering that even eight year old players learn how to perform loops and stunts while on the D Line in order to make the Offensive Linemen and blockers in general chase them in order to free up blitzing LB's. And since Defenses have found that blitzing our QB is a path to success, it would seem to me that making blitzing harder to do for the Defense would be a better path for success.

I'm not saying that what the team has been doing has been successful, but telling a bunch of professionals to go out there and "hit somebody!" is an absolute sure formula for failure. I feel very confident in that.
I was only talking about run blocking in what I originally said about blowing them off the line. Seems like you're getting into passing situations in what you're saying. But seeing that you have a semi-detailed answer to why it wouldn't work, why were you calling yourself a "dum Youth Football Coach" with this big bag of knowledge you have?