Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Geno Smith Pro Bowler?

When I saw this headline I thought for a second that I mistakenly went to The Onion instead of NFL.com.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...er-flashes
Jaguars Fundamentalist

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If Geno Smith is a pro-bowler... I'm sure Bortles will be a first Ballot HOFer.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I think I know who is gonna get hit with a "random" drug test this week lol.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

If you edit together three years of Blaine Gabbert's highlights he'll look like a Pro Bowl player too. 

Quote:If you edit together three years of Blaine Gabbert's highlights he'll look like a Pro Bowl player too. 

this is exactly how people convinced themselves that he could be any good.  "he shows flashes"

Quote:When I saw this headline I thought for a second that I mistakenly went to The Onion instead of NFL.com.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...er-flashes

WOW!

I think this video is relevant: http://www.hulu.com/watch/287820

If he's a Pro Bowl QB, we better trade for him now while his stock is low.

Geno Smith plays Madden, too.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I made a video of exactly this.
That's pretty good!
Jaguars Fundamentalist

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udNHsk57f24[/media]

Quote:If you edit together three years of Blaine Gabbert's highlights he'll look like a Pro Bowl player too.
It would still be a mighty short video.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mn7gcbcXsQ1s4f4t0o1_400.gif]

Why was my post deleted? There was no "NFL" content in it (just like Gabberts career thus far)

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2014, 03:38 PM by jagherd.)

I remember watching Geno's career at WVU (being a WVU fan, I watched a lot). He struggled with decision making, situational stuff, and was bad about pouting on the sidelines at times when things didn't go well for him. With all that, he still managed to put up monster numbers (with alot of help from scheme and other talented players around him).

I didn't think he was going to be a real good NFL QB. I did think that he would be decent, though.

I'm not sure how much of it is him, and how much of it is the Dumpster Fire for QBs called the New York Jets. They have been an absolute circus with QBs,, basically ruining any shot at decency that the guys they have had recently couldn't achieve.

Geno could at least be a decent/good backup caliber QB in this league if he didn't wind up there in NY.

Quote:I remember watching Geno's career at WVU (being a WVU fan, I watched a lot). He struggled with decision making, situational stuff, and was bad about pouting on the sidelines at times when things didn't go well for him. With all that, he still managed to put up monster numbers (with alot of help from scheme and other talented players around him).

I didn't think he was going to be a real good NFL QB. I did think that he would be decent, though.

I'm not sure how much of it is him, and how much of it is the Dumpster Fire for QBs called the New York Jets. They have been an absolute circus with QBs,, basically ruining any shot at decency that the guys they have had recently couldn't achieve.

Geno could at least be a decent/good backup caliber QB in this league if he didn't wind up there in NY.

It bothers me a little bit when people say things like "this guy could be a good backup QB" when in fact the thing that a backup QB needs the most is the correct attitude and work ethic.

Geno wouldn't be a good backup at all. He doesn't have the correct attitude for it.

When he's done in NY it's quite possible he could be done in the NFL altogether.

I actually feel bad for Geno Smith

;

;

Quote:I actually feel bad for Geno Smith

Any other QBs on any other teams you also feel bad for?

Just wondering.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

He looked like one today, Decker had a huge game also

Quote:He looked like one today, Decker had a huge game also

hes got the tools. ive said it before, i think he needs some better offensive minds to guide him along. rex is useless with offensive players.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."