Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shorts

Quote:That FBT dude told me he's the best reciever on the team. Dude is a genius and has all the answers.
Yep, that FBT does know his football.... :yucky:  :whistling:

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Hate to toot my own flute, but I pointed out that Shorts was not all that great a couple years ago and was flamed for days. So much so that Jaguars-Twitter's own junior analyst Hank whatever let me know what an idiot I was when I called him and okay 3rd receiver.

Its weird how the self-proclaimed expert apparently can't see what lay people like myself notice.
You're wrong too. He's not okay, and he's not a 3rd WR. He will go the way of Reggie Williams.... out of the league after this season. He was atrocious today, and has been pretty atrocious all year. Fumbling and dropping, and a little hamstring injury sprinkled in. Good frickin riddance!
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Yep, that FBT does know his football.... :yucky:  :whistling:
Right, because based on his stats from last season, who exactly was the better receiver? 

I know this is confusing for some of you, but leading into this season, he was the only guy on the roster who had any track record worth noting in the league.  I've never once implied that he was a good or even great receiver.  Simply that he was the best receiver we had on the roster heading into the season with a bunch of unproven rookies, and Blackmon suspended. 

The fact that he has done nothing this year to warrant sticking around beyond this season is irrelevant.  He's been outplayed by multiple rookies, and if it wasn't for injuries, his ability to get on the field would be far more limited than it is right now.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Shorts is done.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Hopefully he is done here in JAX...  Let him sit the bench these last few weeks while Hurns and Lee get the reps.  Hell...I would rather Ace get the snaps.

Quote:Hopefully he is done here in JAX...  Let him sit the bench these last few weeks while Hurns and Lee get the reps.  Hell...I would rather Ace get the snaps.

Forget about Ace. I wouldn't blink if they cut him today. He's a seriously unproductive early 4th round pick.

I'd rather see them playing guys that we don't already know should be gone in the offseason if they're not going to play Shorts.

Also, anyone else recall how badly I wanted the team to shop Shorts around for trade and how roundly I was criticized?

Shorts has less than a 50% completion rate and more targets than anyone. And it's not like those passes were all difficult to catch.

Lee and Robinson are both at 60% with Hurns at 58%.

See ya Shorts.

Quote:Forget about Ace. I wouldn't blink if they cut him today. He's a seriously unproductive early 4th round pick.

I'd rather see them playing guys that we don't already know should be gone in the offseason if they're not going to play Shorts.

Also, anyone else recall how badly I wanted the team to shop Shorts around for trade and how roundly I was criticized?

I want in on some of this self back patting too. I was an advocate of trading Shorts before the trade deadline passed. Now he's going to walk in FA and any compensatory pick we might have gotten will be nullified with the amount of money we'll be spending in FA this year.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7729-trade-deadline-quickly-approaching/'>http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7729-trade-deadline-quickly-approaching/</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I want in on some of this self back patting too. I was an advocate of trading Shorts before the trade deadline passed. Now he's going to walk in FA and any compensatory pick we might have gotten will be nullified with the amount of money we'll be spending in FA this year.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7729-trade-deadline-quickly-approaching/'>http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7729-trade-deadline-quickly-approaching/</a>

Props for recognizing.

Of course I wanted to trade him before last season when he still had value and there were some WR needy teams like the Patriots.

Trading him this year would have been difficult and low reward, there was more to be had before 2013.

Quote:[Image: 10429467_821456417913153_852326600466923...e=54F9A0FC]

If Blackmon is coming back next year, I don't think it's worth bringing Shorts back. He's hurting the team more than he's producing at this point.

Such a shame but stats like that are killing us.
yeah not a good year for shorts... at all... young guys coming up to compete making him look average.

Caldwell, it's time to drop your Shorts!

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Right, because based on his stats from last season, who exactly was the better receiver? 

I know this is confusing for some of you, but leading into this season, he was the only guy on the roster who had any track record worth noting in the league.  I've never once implied that he was a good or even great receiver.  Simply that he was the best receiver we had on the roster heading into the season with a bunch of unproven rookies, and Blackmon suspended. 

The fact that he has done nothing this year to warrant sticking around beyond this season is irrelevant.  He's been outplayed by multiple rookies, and if it wasn't for injuries, his ability to get on the field would be far more limited than it is right now.
The difference between people with functioning eyes and you sticking to the company line and having no clue is you could tell he wasn't the best receiver on the team in the preseason. Some don't need a whole season to play out to tell you what was quite evident from the jump. Who cares what he's done in previous years because he wasn't killing it then, he was alright. He's not good and a gimp. Fortunately nobody really listens to the dumb you speak so it really doesn't matter in the big scheme of things. Keep up trying to be witty and clever though champ.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2014, 05:09 PM by JAGFAN88.)

So Bryan Anger is still looking like the best pick Gene Smith made? :teehee:

Quote:So Bryan Anger is still looking like the best pick Gene Smith made? :teehee:

Terrence Knighton is really tearing it up... In Denver. Wallbash

Quote:We got something for Gabbert.  So never say never.  Realistically, it's time for him to go too.  He's not one of Caldwell's guys, I'm sure he has no problem letting Shorts walk out the door in January.

A highly drafted QB, even a real bad one, will always be more valueable then a mediocre, often injured WR in the NFL.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/receiver-sh...--nfl.html

Pretty much everything the majority of fans already knew, but oh well..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

He adds nothing to the offense.

King of Garbage Time.

With his injury history I don't see Caldwell keeping him around.  That being said, if they kept him with a cheap contract and made him a 3rd or more likely a 4th receiver (assuming JB is back in the mix), I think he could have some value.  I mean, if CSIII is our #4, I wouldn't be unhappy.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

He had a golden opportunity this year to earn a contract, and he squandered it with his play.  The injuries probably would have been overlooked in general as the team would likely have used that as leverage in driving down his price.  It's the on-field play this year that has assured he's done as a Jaguar when the season ends. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]