Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rainbows and Unicorns

Quote:Personally, I don't care what administration it is.. The team is losing and lost with both administrations. Did I ever once say that Bradley or Caldwell should be fired? Not once.. I said that Bradley wasn't off to a hot start for his coaching career.. Furthermore, I also added that as Jag's fan, I'm tired of this team losing, like it has been for years and years now.. 

So go ahead, keep attacking me for something else I didn't say.. Marvelous.. 

You didn't say to fire the coaches but did I say you did?  What I was responding to was how you said that people who are interested in firing Caldwell and Bradley shouldn't be called knee jerks since the team has been losing since 2010.  I'm tired of losing too but I have absolutely no sympathy for the knee jerks who are ready to give up after two years.  If you're not one of them, congrats and we can agree to agree.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2014, 07:35 PM by Thunderkyss.)

After thinking about it..... how much better are the Texans? 

We both beat the Browns. 

We beat the Raiders, you loss to San Diego. Chances are you would have beat the Raiders & we'd have lost to San Diego.

We beat the Bills, you loss to the Dolphins. Chances are you would have beat the Bills & we'd have lost to the Dolphins.

We beat the Redskins, you loss to the Redskins

We lost to the Giants, you beat the Giants

You've lost to the Colts twice. We've only played them once & lost, & we'll most likely lose the second meeting

You've lost to the Titans, we've beat them twice... no reason you couldn't beat the Titans in your second meeting.

You lost to the Steelers, we lost to the Steelers

You lost to the Bengals, we lost to the Bengals

You lost to the Eagles, we lost to the Eagles

You lost to the Cowboys, we lost to the Cowboys

We most likely won't be favored to beat the Ravens any more than you. 

We're going to beat you at home.

Looks like the only "real" difference is that we lucked out & got the Raiders & Bills. 

So who knows? 

ImATexan

Quote:You didn't say to fire the coaches but did I say you did?  What I was responding to was how you said that people who are interested in firing Caldwell and Bradley shouldn't be called knee jerks since the team has been losing since 2010.  I'm tired of losing too but I have absolutely no sympathy for the knee jerks who are ready to give up after two years.  If you're not one of them, congrats and we can agree to agree.

And what I said was, I don't blame them for knee jerking since they as fans have been experiencing the years and years of losing and holding onto hope that next season will be different.. It's like the movie Groundhog Day or a broken record.. So getting upset with people who have endured season after season of sub par football play seems a bit ridiculous. 

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:After thinking about it..... how much better are the Texans? 

We both beat the Browns. 

We beat the Raiders, you loss to San Diego. Chances are you would have beat the Raiders & we'd have lost to San Diego.

We beat the Bills, you loss to the Dolphins. Chances are you would have beat the Bills & we'd have lost to the Dolphins.

We beat the Redskins, you loss to the Redskins

We lost to the Giants, you beat the Giants

You've lost to the Colts twice. We've only played them once & lost, & we'll most likely lose the second meeting

You've lost to the Titans, we've beat them twice... no reason you couldn't beat the Titans in your second meeting.

You lost to the Steelers, we lost to the Steelers

You lost to the Bengals, we lost to the Bengals

You lost to the Eagles, we lost to the Eagles

You lost to the Cowboys, we lost to the Cowboys

We most likely won't be favored to beat the Ravens any more than you. 

We're going to beat you at home.

Looks like the only "real" difference is that we lucked out & got the Raiders & Bills. 

So who knows? 

I like you're self awareness.  You guys stink pretty bad.  To be down by 3 at half to the jags proves it.  Accept and embrace your suck-i-tude.  

Quote:And what I said was, I don't blame them for knee jerking since they as fans have been experiencing the years and years of losing and holding onto hope that next season will be different.. It's like the movie Groundhog Day or a broken record.. So getting upset with people who have endured season after season of sub par football play seems a bit ridiculous. 

Exactly...  You've won this discussion.  No need to keep going round and round on it.   :thumbsup:

Quote:Exactly...  You've won this discussion.  No need to keep going round and round on it.   :thumbsup:

Maybe I should talk to Gus and get my participation trophy.. 

Quote:That's really all we can do to be honest...We as fans can't change how things are done...

The fans can also not buy tickets. From the looks of it today, several thousand people chose to not go to the game. The only reason that hasn't been a more common sight this year is because of the tens of thousands of Giants, Browns, Steelers and Dolphins fans that have packed the house.

;

;

Quote:Maybe I should talk to Gus and get my participation trophy.. 

I got 2 scoops of ice cream with your name on it, big fella!

Quote:I got 2 scoops of ice cream with your name on it, big fella!

Sweet.. Just hope it's not Winn Dixie brand.. That's what this team deserves anyway, Winn Dixie ice cream.. 

At what point do the excuses run out for some people?

How many poorly coached games does it take?  How many times do they have to come out at halftime and blow chunks for you to let the excuses go and say coaching changes need to be made?

i never understood the "well if it isn't working the best course of action is to stick with it" logic from the apologist.  

Quote:At what point do the excuses run out for some people?

How many poorly coached games does it take?  How many times do they have to come out at halftime and blow chunks for you to let the excuses go and say coaching changes need to be made?

I am amazed at those that act like all Bradley needs it time. Magically we will start to see players development that has been nearly non existent.

;

;

Fire everyone!!!!!!
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:What's their record?  And what's ours?

That team just needs better QB play.  Their D sacked the Golden Child a bunch today and got turnovers.  They have a good running game and good receivers...  Their O-Line is money.  Once they get the right QB, they will be contenders.

Even with a mediocre QB, they are right in the playoff hunt in December...  How we doing?  Not so good huh?

But I know, we should stay the course.  One more year to solidify what most of us already know
Two winning seasons in 20 years, beat by us two years in a row, an awesome 1 game over .500 this season, and they are your model for how we should run things?

You have to be drunk.

Quote:Two winning seasons in 20 years, beat by us two years in a row, an awesome 1 game over .500 this season, and they are your model for how we should run things?

You have to be drunk.

Lol, you didn't even understand the context of what we were talking about two pages ago...

Nice job building your strawman based on something I wrote that you either intentionally or ignorantly misrepresented.

You're incorrect comment isn't worth any more of my time.

Quote:Lol, you didn't even understand the context of what we were talking about two pages ago...

Nice job building your strawman based on something I wrote that you either intentionally or ignorantly misrepresented.

You're incorrect comment isn't worth any more of my time.
I quoted you. How on earth can I misrepresent that?

You are defending the browns revolving door at head coach. You saying something stupid is completely on you.

Quote:[Image: 314beoh.jpg]
What a pretty picture. 

Too bad we still lost. 

Quote:I quoted you. How on earth can I misrepresent that?

You are defending the browns revolving door at head coach. You saying something stupid is completely on you.

More specific to this past offseason. They knew Chudzinski was not the right guy and pulled the trigger. Looks like the right move so far.

Quote:More specific to this past offseason. They knew Chudzinski was not the right guy and pulled the trigger. Looks like the right move so far.
They have been doing this "right move" for 20 years and has lead them to being considered the worst model for running a franchise.

Thunderkyss --- in a world of parity, you can break the games down to make things look closer than they appear.

Here is the real deal

Texans scored 314 points vs Jags 199

Texans gave up 260 vs Jags 356

YOU win by an average score of 24-20

WE lose by an average score of 15-27

BIG DIFFERENCE !!!